Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: BGL Luxembourg Open
PostPosted: 21. October 2010 18:38 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 21:54
Terrible last game. Sprayed shots on the first two points and then lost a super defensive point to go three match points down. Played agressively on the next two points (which is what she should have done from the start of the game), but then got uber aggresive on the third match point and smacked the ball into the tramlines. Kerber will be delighted. Having been thrashed in Tokyo she's had an easy win over Daniela in terms of the second and third sets. And this is a missed opportunity for Daniela because it would have been nice to match-up against Hercog again, and with an opportunity to potentially play an in-form Ivanovic in the semi-finals, who she normally plays well against. And let's not forget that the other half of the draw is full of middle-road players. :roll: I can only now see a tournament win for Ivanovic, and two titles in two weeks.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2010 18:46 

Local Time:
Look at Jankovic going to YEC :D
Danis not the worst case :D

Jankovic is a joke, but she'll definately show up because as she said in the press conference, you can lose a match in Doha and still win the tournament. Not the best attitude to have going in...
SEC this year is a farse anyway, only four players that I would consider truly top-eight quality or potentially grand slam winners (Wozniacki, Clijsters, Dementieva, Azarenka). Zvonareva has done well this year, but she's in Doha on the basis of two good slam results. Same for Schiavone. Stosur has been up and down and if it wasn't for the French Open she'd be borderline entrant too. No Sharapova, no Henin, no Williams sisters. It's a poor line-up, and it would be bitterly dissapointing if Wozniacki or Clijsters just breezed through the field and took the title, but I can see that happening. I don't think there's going to be too many tough match-ups or long three-set encounters. And with Dementieva and Jankovic not full healthy, we could end up with the red group and the red-cross group, and replacements coming in at the half-way point.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2010 19:00 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 22:54
I know you mean well,Marek,but if Daniela goes to Bali,it's still going to be tennis 24/7-training,practising,gym work etc. She looks so damn miserable on the court at the moment, I don't think continuing to play tournaments is doing her any favours. I think she could use some time away from the court and spoil herself,if necessary. Anything to get the smile back on her face.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2010 19:08 

Local Time:
Meh, that was depressing. Daniela played well in the first set, she was serving well, dictating points and she was in control of the match. However, when Kerber broke her in the sixth game of the second set Daniela totally fell away. She made a lot of errors and her serve lacked the penetration it had early on in the match. I do feel that Daniela was nowhere near being fully fit and she still looked as though her back and shoulder are bothering her. She looked like she couldn't get the reach on the serve or have the flexibility to get any snap in the serve. Her groundstrokes also lacked the power they had early on in the match. You could also see Daniela's confidence drain away as the match went on and she made more errors and fewer winners.

Kerber did play well in the second and third sets and she hit some good winners while her wide serve set won her a lot of points as it got Daniela wide and she put the ball away into the open court.

An American lady was Daniela's coach today. I didn't recognise her but I didn't get too good a look at her.

We'll see what Daniela does in Bali, it'll be a nice holiday for her if nothing else. I think if it were in Cincinnati* or some such place she probably wouldn't bother but getting to hang out in a tropical paradise isn't too bad a way to end the year even if she does have to play a bit of tennis. Hopefully Daniela has a nice time out there and is able to rest and recover in the off-season. As long as Daniela gets fit, she can recover her confidence and play well next season.

*I'm sure Cincinnati is lovely and the people are really nice but Marat Safin said it was a depressing place.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2010 22:40 

Local Time:
This loss sums up her season. Danielal not being consistent over 3 sets. Although I do still have a good feeling about Bali. Daniela is now slovak no.2.:-(

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. October 2010 01:25 

Local Time:
Crap, cant wait for bali and next season. All going to be my times now!!!! suffer, u lot have to wake up at like 2 or 3 in the morning hahaha. Can't wait for Bali and next season. I have a good feeling.......... :tennis2: :o

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. October 2010 10:58 

Local Time:
This loss sums up her season. Danielal not being consistent over 3 sets. Although I do still have a good feeling about Bali. Daniela is now slovak no.2.:-(
She can be sk n.1 again if she wins a match in Bali and if Cibulkova doesnt wins her QF match, I think.

But its highly unlikely :/

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. October 2010 17:26 

Local Time:
Daniela's Slovak no. 2 thanks to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. If Pavlyuchenkova had bothered to turn up at New Haven Cibulkova wouldn't have gotten in as a lucky loser and the points Cibulkova got in New Haven are the difference between her and Daniela in the rankings.
Daniela beats Pavlyuchenkova once this year, she's Slovak no. 1; Pavlyuchenkova doesn't play crap in Moscow, Daniela's Slovak no. 1 and Pavlyuchenkova plays New Haven, Daniela's Slovak no. 1.
Bah :evil:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4