Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Pilot Pen Tennis at Yale, New Haven
PostPosted: 25. August 2010 23:06 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 04:33
Shit, this sucks.

It's one of these matches where a few points make all the difference and if they'd gone Daniela's way then she'd have won, instead they went Safina's way so she won. Just having a quick look at the stats show it was a very close match, although Safina won more points overall and it looks like Safina's first serve was a big weapon for her as she 73% of first serve points for the match and 81% in the second set plus Safina had 6 aces. If only Daniela had been able to make more inroads into the Safina serve, then she'd have had a great chance to win. At the same time, give credit to Safina for serving as well as she did. It is so typical, or at least it seems so typical, that Safina has been lousy for the past year but she picks up her level against Daniela.

Daniela's stats for the match are fairly decent, she protected her second serve quite well winning 47%, she won half the break points she had. The worst thing is six DFs and no aces.

I wonder how much Daniela was affected by this injury. If she could have moved better she could have forced Safina to hit extra shots or hit closer to the lines and as Safina's form and confidence are still pretty fragile, Daniela could have gotten more errors from Safina and also be stronger for her own shots and be able to get into position a bit better. Of course, without seeing the match it is speculation.

This tournament is over so hopefully Daniela is fully fit for the US Open and that she can take away a good win over Kanepi and what seems like a decent performance against Safina. The important thing now is that Daniela gets healthy and that she's able to produce good tennis at the US Open.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 00:19 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 05:33
I am really disappointed with this lost. This failure shows at what level Daniela is right now. She can't even win against a player who is struggling to come back and worse in straight sets. To be honest, I don't have any hope for US Open.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 00:55 

Local Time:
The most positive thing about this match is that daniela held serve most of the time. I think there was one break each in the match. I think safina wanted to win just that little bit more today judging by the pics on getty. Hope daniela will get rid of the injury before next week.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 01:21 

Local Time:
I am really disappointed with this lost. This failure shows at what level Daniela is right now. I don't think that's fair at all. I'll kvetch about Daniela's play any time I feel she has played poorly but I don't think we have a right to complain about her playing for 2+ hours on a clearly damaged leg.

The most positive thing about this match is that daniela held serve most of the time. Conversely,Daniela picked really bad times to be broken-5 all in the first set(she'd have won the set otherwise),and handing back the break to Dinara at the start of the second set. There were a couple of marathon games where Daniela struggled to hold in the second set,and it probably isn't a stretch to say that the effort expended cost her dear in the tiebreaker.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 13:05 

Local Time:
So the US Open draw is done live today at 12 noon eastern time. That's 5pm UK time...

Obviously it would be very nice to avoid the dangerous floaters that we all know who...but the 3rd round opponent will be the most interesting.

Agnieszka Radwanska, Poland
Victoria Azarenka, Belarus
Svetlana Kuznetsova, Russia
Elena Dementieva, Russia
Marion Bartoli, France
Maria Sharapova, Russia
Yanina Wickmayer, Belgium
Shahar Peer, Israel

All of these 3rd round potenial opponents are gunna be tough, but obviously she has to reach the 3rd round first of all...

I think Wickmayer, Bartoli or Peer would be the best draw possible.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 13:06 

Local Time:
I can't delete this post for some reason :lol:

Last edited by eddy on 26. August 2010 13:10, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 13:08 

Local Time:
Conversely,Daniela picked really bad times to be broken-5 all in the first set(she'd have won the set otherwise),and handing back the break to Dinara at the start of the second set. There were a couple of marathon games where Daniela struggled to hold in the second set,and it probably isn't a stretch to say that the effort expended cost her dear in the tiebreaker.

But compared to her other matches during the series she held serve more often for this match, and Safina said both of them were serving well in her post match interview.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 13:20 

Local Time:
"I really hope that injury does not jeopardize my final preparation for the U.S. Open. In a match with Safina in New Have we pulled on each fiftín, it was very close. Tajbrejkoch In both decided in favor of Dinara two balls. I was surprised that during the match servovala very well. confirmed that the former returns to form, "she told Reuters Hantuchova, who expressed satisfaction with the Overseas line. "In San Diego I got to the semifinals, the other tournaments I doplatila difficult to draw. Montreal came out to me according to your wishes, after losing to Flavio Pennetta I was disappointed, but in New Have to be better on my part. Already I am looking forward U.S. Open, which will be the culmination of a long summer, "said Hantuchova.

@googletranslator

If you dont understand any part of the text, just ask. I can translate it in my words better, maybe. :D

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 14:52 

Local Time:
I don't really see how she can be satisfied with her US Open Series,difficult draws notwithstanding. I'm sure she had bigger ambitions than to go 4-5 over the summer.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 22:28 

Local Time:
Totally agree benji...i guess she's had really tough draws and she was at least competitive in most of the matches..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2010 23:10 

Local Time:
It never rains but it pours-another horrid draw in NY. They say these things even out over the long-term-I reckon these means that Daniela should be enjoying some extraordinary luck in the near future!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4