Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Pilot Pen Tennis at Yale, New Haven
PostPosted: 22. August 2010 23:04 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 14:28
Cibulkova lost in last QF match, so she didnt qualified to main WTA draw, but she will be there as a lucky loser :)

A. Pavlyuchekova withdrew, I was told. So at least one Slovak player is lucky :) Its pretty good draw that one. Dont know how good Wozniacki will be in New haven, cos she is still in Montreal because of the rain delay :/ She wont have any time for rest, practise...anything?! Thats kinda sad, cos she is defending her title here... But I would satisfy with a good run of Cibulkova, too. :D

There have been raining in New Haven, too. Dont know when Daniela will be scheduled yet.

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. August 2010 00:53 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 13:28
Order of Play Monday, August 23, 2010

Grandstand (from 10.00hrs)
1. Nadia Petrova vs. Varvara Lepchenko
2. Alexandra Dulgheru vs. Bethanie Mattek-Sands
3. ATP: Igor Andreev vs. Arnaud Clement
4. ATP: Andreas Seppi vs. Jarkko Nieminen
5. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Kaia Kanepi

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. August 2010 12:25 

Local Time:
omg, that is so pity Daniela is not on the center court... Shes not playing against an american, so thats why ... :/

I have found out there will be some streams. It says ATP New Haven, but there can be some streams WTA, too. I think. there will be streams officialy since thursday because of the TV. But there might be something before on the web, too.

We will see. Hope there will be something. Maybe we will be able to watch Danielas 2R match!

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 23. August 2010 14:33 

Local Time:
Pilot Pen is dropping its $2 million sponsorship -- and name -- from the New Haven tournament after 14 years, citing the poor economy. Leaders of the tournament, which begins Sunday, are now anxiously courting replacements and hoping this year won't be its last.
I'm still wondering why the prize money of all the tournaments is increasing every year. If you can't sell tennis well enough, the stadium is only halffull of spectators and not money from TV, you have to save money.
Cutting the price moneay of course means that most of the good players won't play there.

The Grand Slams announce a higher prize money from year to year, because they have enough sponsors, but the smaller tournaments die without good sponsoring deals.
Sure, not only the players are on the pay-roll, and a $2 million deficite is much more than the $600.000 prize money, but still a beginning, isn't it? Saving about $200.000 from the quarters till the final wouldn't really harm anyone IMO.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. August 2010 18:44 

Local Time:
only ATP ... :/

Well, WTA streams since thursday only. Pity

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. August 2010 23:48 

Local Time:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 00:38 

Local Time:
7:5

yes

Daniela saved 4bp and needed only 1 BP/setpoint to convert :)

6:3 second set, yes :D

Nice!

Now Schiavone or Safina?

I think Schiavone... It will be tough! Good luck Daniela!

Come on!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 01:30 

Local Time:
Whoever she plays next, this is an encouraging win from Daniela. Her serve seemed to do a lot of damage today and she was also streaky winning 2 sometimes 3 or 4 points in a row. Another win her would be sweet, I half hope it will be Schiavone next...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 01:36 

Local Time:
Good win. Kanepi has a fairly big serve,so it was imperative that Daniela didn't get broken early and she did an excellent job saving the BP's(6/7),and any match where Daniela serves more aces than double faults is to be welcomed. She also must have returned extremely well,because Kanepi got in 71% first serves but only won 54% of the points.

Job well done- :banana:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 04:29 

Local Time:
Safina is next, she beat Fran 1-6 6-3 6-1. Very strange match-up, Safina plays crappy for a long time now but she is always a former No1....

Congrats to Daniela for her victory and good luck v Dinara.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 09:04 

Local Time:
This is a really good win for Daniela against an opponent who'd had some good recent wins. It's a bit of a relief also. It's encouraging that Daniela played well on the big points, she saved a lot of BPs but she won half the BPs she had and she also broke Kanepi in Kanepi's last service game of both sets. Daniela's service statistics, especially her second serve, are pretty good; she won the clutch points and she seemed to return pretty well.

Hantuchova beat Kaia Kanepi, 75 63, in one of the later matches of the day. The two were on serve right until the last game of the first set, when Hantuchova broke at 15; they traded breaks midway through the second set but Hantuchova pulled away from 3-all with three straight games to put the Estonian away.

"I'm very happy the way I played today since the conditions weren't easy - it was windy and it has been raining for some time, all day yesterday, so it was nice to finally be on the court," Hantuchova said after the match. "This week is great practice before going to New York and I felt really good out there today."

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 09:42 

Local Time:
I know I've been away for a while and havent been paying that much attention to the tour, and I knew/heard about Ana Ivanovic being quite low down on the rankings but since when did Safina drop so low? Hopefully Daniela can take advantage of this and move into the Quarter Finals which I reckon should be more than sufficient match time, and should Daniela stumble at the Quarters, will leave her plenty of time to rest and recover for the US Open.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 13:21 

Local Time:
Hope Safina will lose it mentally, otherwise it will be a very tough match!

Daniela pls be aggressive and do not make a lot of errors!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 16:37 

Local Time:
The seed in Daniela's quarter Wickmayer(5) just got thrashed by Bacsinszky 63 61. So a really good chance here for Daniela to make semis. It's gunna be tough though against Safina tomo..

If Daniela was to get past Safina it'll be either Bacsinszky or Kirilenko in quarters.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. August 2010 21:46 

Local Time:
Well Danka was troubled by Safina in their last meetings, but back then Safina was on the top. This match is going to be interesting. If Safina wins this one, she may gain her confidence back and be a dangerous floater at New York. However, if Daniela wins, she has a good win and a nice chance of reaching the semis with either Bacsinszky or Kirilenko in the Quarters.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next