HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Enter your Message here

Tier II Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Rogers Cup, Montreal
PostPosted: 17. August 2010 20:13 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 00:12
I really think Daniela should take time off and try to find her game again. She has to be very frustrated with the lack of results. Is it time for a new coach? Her serve is just a HUGE liability and unfortunately she will never improve until she works on it.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. August 2010 20:29 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 05:12
Bah, this is dispiriting.

Pennetta did play well and she didn't miss in the first set while not letting anything past her and she played two great points from 30-30 when Daniela was serving for the second set to break back.

Getting broken from 40-0 and another game point in the first game set the tone for the first set and gave Pennetta momentum that she carried through the first set. I think Pennetta only made 2 errors in the first set while the wind affected Daniela's timing and rhythm so she made errors and she hit DFs at crucial times. The first set was played on Pennetta's terms with lots of backhands from her and she won a lot of points on the backhand. Plus she was dictating a lot of rallies.

When Daniela got the rallies to be forehand to forehand, especially crosscourt, she usually won the point and she did that successfully for a lot of the second set and got her into a 5-3 lead. Again, Daniela showed her determination to fight back after being bageled in the first set and being down a break. From 5-4 in the second Pennetta made sure that most of the rallies were backhand to backhand, and that took her to the match.

It's disappointing but Daniela didn't play too badly and she hit some nice shots but she also made errors and the conditions didn't suit her while Pennetta played well, especially in the first set.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. August 2010 20:36 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 06:12
I didn't see the match so can't really comment. But the fact she was serving for the 2nd set is encouraging but what is discouraging is the obvious-daniela service games are not solid enough...i hope daniela does enter new haven as a few wins there will give her some confidence for the open...it was a horrid draw though here. But new york is often windy too so daniela's gotta get used to that. I never really hear of daniela working on her serve much. I always see practice videos of her workin on her groundstrokes..

ITF Player
PostPosted: 17. August 2010 20:45 

Local Time:
When you look at the first set, you can see the difference between Pennetta, a solid player used to go pretty far in tournaments and Hantuchova, a very irregular player who is capable of miracles only once in a while.
Pennetta had just to wait for Daniela to do UE, she didn't have to force her talent in the first set.
I think Hantuchova has really to be more agressive even by doing more errors at the beginning

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. August 2010 22:47 

Local Time:
Daniela is simply not doing justice to her talent at the moment. Yet another poor display,with terrible movement.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 00:01 

Local Time:
Order of Play Wednesday 18th August

Banque Nationale (from 11.00hrs)
1. Dinara Safina vs. Nadia Petrova
2. Victoria Azarenka vs. Maria Kirilenko (NB 12:30PM)
3. Timea Bacsinszky vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova
4. Daniela Hantuchova/Caroline Wozniacki vs. Kveta Peschke/Katarina Srebotnik
5. Sybille Bammer vs. Kaia Kanepi (NB 7PM)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 04:17 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 01:12
I'm worried about daniela. Yes, it wasn't an easy draw, but she hasn't really been improving since her RG. She needs to re-think her strategy, coaching and tournament selection wise (I know, there weren't options now).

If I was her, I'd run back to Eduardo Nicolas. Or hire an experienced coach that understands her serve is the big problem and makes her use her talent (and height!)...

Today I read someone at tennisforum saying that daniela's racquet is too light for her, do you think she could benefit from a heavier one? It was also mentioned that she should mix her game with short balls (which I agree).

My technical knowledge is poor, feel free to trash this statement.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 11:31 

Local Time:
If I was her, I'd run back to Eduardo Nicolas. Or hire an experienced coach that understands her serve is the big problem and makes her use her talent (and height!)... To be honest,it doesn't matter who her coach is if she isn't going to listen to the advice. She called her coach at 0-3* in the first set and he said to get involved in longer rallies and not go for too much-so of course the next few games were littered with UE's as she went for too much off her first groundstroke. Carlos might as well not have come on the court.

It's disappointing but Daniela didn't play too badly Um,yes she did,in fact she was excruciatingly poor. She is better than what she showed yesterday.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 12:52 

Local Time:
Jankovic lost, too. I knew it :D

I would say Daniela played better in second set with Pennetta. I think the wind affected Daniela much more. Pity... but there were still so many errors...

Daniela was serving for the set, those 2 amazing points for Pennetta to break Daniela and after that Daniela just kept her UE high... :?

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 18:29 

Local Time:
You can always rely on Benji the vitriolic critic to quote selectively and out of context.

Good analysis of the match, Marek.

Pennetta just beat Kleybanova 6-3 6-3 so she's playing well this week.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 20:46 

Local Time:
Of corse we all know Daniela can play much better than this...

Daniela was playing very well at San Diego. Thats the level of play I would like to see her playing at US Open at least...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 22:02 

Local Time:
Doubles is on

1-2

2-2, hold to deuce.

2-3

2-4, broken, bah!

2-5, got to deuce but Peschke & Srebotnik held.

3-5.

4-5, break to deuce, so saved a set point.

4-6, broken to 15.

2nd Set

1-0, Daniela & Caroline break.

2-0, save a couple of BPs to hold.

2-1.

3-1.

4-1, break to 30.

4-2, broken to 15.

5-2, 4 straight points from 30-0 to break, two DFs by Srebotnik.

6-2.

Super Tiebreak

Peschke & Srebotnik serving first

0-1
0-2
0-3
1-3
1-4
1-5
2-5
2-6
3-6
3-7
3-8
3-9
3-10

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 23:12 

Local Time:
Omg, hope they are not gonna lose it after the decent 2nd set :/

And here we go...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 23:25 

Local Time:
I really though Daniela & Caroline would carry the momentum from the second set into the tiebreak but Peschke and Srebotnik bossed that from the start and ran away with it. I was really hoping that Daniela could have a good run in the doubles as a few times in the past when success in doubles has helped Daniela when she's been struggling in singles and she's been able to carry her doubles form into singles. It would have been great to win but Peschke and Srebotnik are good doubles players.

I guess Daniela and Caroline have the makings of a decent team and they seem to get on and have fun together. They've both entered New Haven so we'll see what happens there. I really want Daniela to have good run in the singles there.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2010 23:40 

Local Time:
She needs some wins at least before US Open, those 1R loses wont help her confidence even after the good run in San Diego.

The best Draw for Daniela would be Jankovic at US Open, I think.

Daniela can beat her, Jankovic is struggling right now... so even better. It would be nice to upset JJ and take the advantage of her draw cos she will be seeded quite high(Which JJ totaly doesnt deserve right now, I think. Dont blame me :P)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5