Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
PostPosted: 25. July 2010 13:23 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 14:33
I think this is a great draw. If she uses her weapons well she can get past peer for sure. I'd expect kirilenko to be waiting. All the best daniela.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. July 2010 16:46 

Local Time:
If Daniela beats Peer, it will be good! Kirilenko is less dangerous, but still cant underestimate her.

Daniela can beat both of them surely, but it must be her day :/

So I believe maybe it will work :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. July 2010 18:15 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 13:33
The draw could have been easier. That's the sort of thing that can happen when Daniela's unseed as she could have gotten someone that's ranked quite low but instead she gets a seed in the first round. Peer's been playing pretty well this year and she beat Daniela the last time they played in Luxembourg, although I'm not sure how fit Daniela was as she withdrew from Linz the week before and withdrew from Bali a couple of weeks later. Hopefully, Daniela's fit and able to play well. Daniela's fitness will be important for this tournament and the hardcourt season.

Daniela can get to the semi-final as she can beat Peer, Kirilenko and Radwanska who are likely to be the subsequent opponents. She's got a winning record against Peer and Kirilenko and she beat Radwanska here last year but they've all won the last time Daniela played them. They're all a similar type of player and they've all had good results this year. If Daniela plays like she did in Miami or Charleston, then she can do well, but none of her likely opponents will be easy and we've got to take this tournament one match at a time.

I will say that the last time Daniela played Peer in California she won the tournament.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. July 2010 19:06 

Local Time:
I remember the last year match. Even then Peer wasnt unbeatable! But that was the time since Peer started to improve her rank - during the end of the season, I think. Peers rank was lower than Danielas at that time. Daniela lost the first set, but fought back in the second. She managed it to a tiebreak, it felt like Daniela would have won it in 3 sets, but couple of balls here and there and she lost the match in two :/ Definitely there should have been a 3rd set at least. Pity. Hope this year Daniela will have better chances :)

That was her last match of the season? Right? Wasnt that the time Daniela started having those health problems...? with back or dont know. She withdrew from Linz and didnt accept a wild card for Bali, too. Like you have already written.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 00:29 

Local Time:
I think that if Daniela had won that tiebreak in Luxembourg, she'd have had a great chance of winning as she'd have gone into the third with the momentum, but that's speculation. Peer hadn't done much for most of last year but she won a couple of tournaments in Asia after the US Open and that boosted her ranking and gave her confidence which she's taken into this season. Daniela beat Malek at Luxembourg although Malek was awful and Hradecka had her chances in the second round. Daniela wasn't at her best in Luxembourg and I think she was hampered by her back at the time which is why she didn't play Linz or Bali. Daniela's fitness will be so important this time - it is anytime, really - but Peer will be tough anyway.

Peer had been playing very well up to Roland Garros where she got to the fourth round and she'd had quite a few good runs and good wins at big tournaments, notably the semis in Dubai and Madrid. She lost to Zheng in the first round at Eastbourne and Kerber in the second round at Wimbledon, so she didn't have a great grass season but grass is her weakest surface so it's difficult to say what her form is.

All the previous matches Daniela's had with Peer have been close, so chances are this one will be too.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 01:24 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 09:33
Peer is a very dangerous player for daniela. She needs her serve and to not go overboard with UEs. Peer is agressive and is riding on confidence, at the moment she is 12th in the WTA race (Danka is 29th :oops: )

Please daniela, bring your A game!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 02:49 

Local Time:
Daniela's also entered the doubles with Yanina Wickmayer.
Stanford doubles draw.png

Order of Play, Monday, July 26thStadium (from 10.00hrs)

1. Jamie Hampton vs. Christina McHale (Singles Q Final)
2. Chang Kai-Chen vs. Mashona Washington (Singles Q Final)
3. Chanelle Scheepers vs. Agnieszka Radwanska (NB 13.00hrs)
4. Dominika Cibulkova vs. Hilary Barte
5. Daniela Hantuchova/Yanina Wickmayer vs. Azarenka/Kirilenko
6. Alisa Kleybanova vs. Ana Ivanovic (NB 19.00hrs)
7. Kimiko Date Krumm vs. Dinara Safina

I've got to admit I'm a little surprised Daniela's playing doubles as I thought she'd want to focus on singles given her fitness and her upcoming schedule. I'm guessing that she wants to get some match practice on hardcourt and get used to the court.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 03:13 

Local Time:
Random from daniela pairing up as a second choice for yanina... I guess it is nice she gets the extra practice :)

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 07:46 

Local Time:
In theory, Daniela is better than Peer. In practice, Peer gets more chances as she has been playing quite good this year. Daniela's form is no where near the word "consistency". Daniela can only win this match if and only if she plays good and consistent throughout the match. Otherwise, I am afraid we will have to see an early-round exit.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 11:55 

Local Time:
Daniela is playing doubles today after Cibulkovas match.

I will ask again. Does anybody know if those streams will be working this year, too?

Cos official broadcast is only from friday :/

BTW: Nice to see Danielas making some contact with fans over the facebook again.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 17:22 

Local Time:
I will ask again. Does anybody know if those streams will be working this year, too?

I don't think so, because usually the streams have been available all year and not only during the tournament.
Currently they are down and I don't think they're going to be reanimated in the next days.

Despite that, I never liked the streams, cos they were more than two minutes behind the scoreboard, had no sound, no scores, and ugly colors ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 18:25 

Local Time:
So no streams? :/

agh, I would like to see those matches :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 19:40 

Local Time:
Apparently, Wickmayer had originally entered the doubles with Shazza but they weren't allowed to enter the doubles as neither had a high enough doubles ranking, so Daniela replaced Shazza as her doubles ranking was high enough to form a team with Wickmayer.

I tried the stream and it wasn't working either. Also, none of the streaming sites are showing Stanford and when the stream was working, like it was last year, they showed it. Tennis coverage in the US is normally terrible for the early rounds and they generally only show tournaments from the quarter-finals.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2010 22:17 

Local Time:
Thats bad.

So we wont be able to see it :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. July 2010 03:13 

Local Time:
well, out of doubles

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next