HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open, Madrid
PostPosted: 8. May 2010 22:56 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 06:21
Order of Play 9th May:

Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario:
10AM start
ATP Qualifying - G. Alcaide v D. Munoz-De La Nava

Not before 11AM
Francesca Schiavone v Alize Cornet
D. Safina/A. Szavay v A. Amanmuradova/S Hsieh
Daniela Hantuchova v Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
V. Ruana Pascual/M. Shaughnessy v B. Garcia Vidagany/S. Soler Espinosa

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 14:49 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 00:21
Off to a good start. Daniela gets a break. up 2 - 0. she is serving.

ANY LIVESTREAMS?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 16:08 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 07:21
This doesnt look very good :/

I cant follow the score, but its very even...

4:6
4:4

so far :(

Everything in life happens for a reason

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 16:15 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 01:21
Saved a big break point in that last game to go up 5-4. She's gotta put some pressure on Pavlychunkova's serve. She hasn't been able to so since early in the match.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 16:19 

Local Time:
3 set points wasted. If she could just get over this hill here.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 16:42 

Local Time:
Gave the match away in the tiebreak. Her tiebreak record of late is concerning. She was so strong in them last year. She played well, but not good enough. Had four set points in the second set and coudn't convert any of them. I don't think she should enter Warsaw, she should focus on going as deep at Roland Garros as possible. There are more points available there.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 17:12 

Local Time:
So frustrating. Daniela must worst on tour on taking opportunities. But the only positive we can take from this is the fact that it was very close. But it must hurt to lose to the same opponent 3 times in a space of 3 months. She will now have a seeding of 25-32 for roland. Sucks.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 17:25 

Local Time:
What a wonderful clay seaon this is turning out to be. :roll: She'll probably draw Ivanovic at the French Open.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 17:33 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 02:21
Oh, gosh... another loss. Did she play well at all? Anastasia isn't good on clay... or so I've heard...

Miami, Charleston and FC... now two R1 losses :x
Daniela :(

Last edited by Helio on 9. May 2010 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 9. May 2010 17:39 
Expected loss. She lost her focus after FED CUP.

No possitive things to take. Losing to Pavlyuchenkova on clay is rediculous (she lost in Rome to Brianti) + she is 0-3 against her this year.
It will be possitive if she plays a top play but not a player ranked under her.
Well, good luck in RG. Who knows, maybe she will pass the 1st r but i don't think so.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 17:42 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 02:21
Wasnt the FED CUP win enough of a boots on her tennis? :? I don't get this danka... RG isn't looking very good...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 18:24 

Local Time:
I didn't see the match but I can only say that this is a very frustrating and disappointing loss. To have had all these set points and not taking them hurts. Of course, we don't know how much of a chance Daniela had to win any of these points and Pavlyuchenkova could have played great tennis to save the set points. It's also a bit of a concern that Daniela was beaten fairly easily in the tiebreak and that her recent tiebreak record has been fairly poor when it was so good.

Daniela did have difficult opponents in the first round in Rome and Madrid but she also had chances in both these matches that she didn't take. Maybe if she'd had a better draw in both these tournaments she could have built up some momentum and confidence to go on a run but she had tough opponents in her first match. Also, we don't know how much her back problem is affecting her.

Hopefully, Daniela will get a decent draw at Roland Garros and she can go on a run there.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. May 2010 10:26 

Local Time:
At this point, it doesn't really matter if she's seeded in the 25-32 bracket or 17-24, a third round at Roland Garros is the very best one can hope for. And really, isn't this the story of Daniela's life? Some good results, then a couple of months of first and second-round losses, and then some good results again? This is not going to change anymore, not at this stage in her career. I only hope one thing, that she'll retire before it becomes pathetic. I don't want her to end up like Patty Schnyder, way past her prime and still hanging on by her fingernails. That would be so sad.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. May 2010 10:42 

Local Time:
To me, this is an expected result. I watched their last match and Pavluychenkova played really good. She was very aggressive and that type of player always cause lots of troubles for Daniela. Besides, one of the weakest point in Daniela's game is her percentage of converting BP, set points is usually very low. But I guess it is not gonna change anymore in her entire career. We just have to accept that.

About RG, as someone said, the best we can hope for is 3rd round. But I have a feeling we would have a first-round exit again. Hopefully I am wrong.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. May 2010 11:05 

Local Time:
I agree with whoever said Daniela has maybe lost a bit of focus. Those wins against Jankovic were great wins, particularly considering she hasn't had too many wins like that within the past two years. And the fact that Jankovic won Indian Wells probably made them all the more special. And of course, now Jankovic has had those wins against the Williams' sisters too (albeit on red clay).
Daniela certainly should not have lost in the opening round of both Rome and Madrid (two tournaments where there are heaps of points up for grabs). She had a solid set lead against Schiavone, and didn't even manage to take a set off Pavlyuchenkova (which is pretty poor considering it was on clay).
It will be interesting to see what happens in Paris, whether she plays as she did in Charleston and during the Fed Cup, or whether it's some (or maybe just the one) average performance(s).
It's frustrating because she enjoys the up-coming grass season and I think if she were having good wins prior to it she could go in with alot more confidence, and that would likely be a recipe for success.
Obviously we must take into account her ranking, which does prevent easier draws. Even Henin lost this week in the first round, and Sharapova too (and she was seeded).
I think Daniela needs to chose her events more wisely. She certainly enjoys the big stage but when she's lingering in the 20-25 section of the rankings the smaller tournaments can provide the much-needed points to get into the top-twenty. It would be a wise decision to play Warsaw; a pretty average tournament with poor crowd turn-out, but nontheless a Premier level event with lots of points on offer.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next