Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 17:42 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 11:11
I agree with you... but that days belong to the past. Dani had the chance to be the best player in the world but she wasted it. She is already 27 and I don't believe she will be in Top 5 or Top 10 again. Almost 2 years now, she try to re-enter Top 20.
Well, all we, her fans just want the best possible for her. Nothing more, nothing less.

I need to agree with this. She is getting older now and upcoming rising star is playing better each days.

She may not be number 1 in the world, but she is our number 1 tennis queen in our heart. (Right? LOL )

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 18:23 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 05:11
Martinez d Schiavone 62 62

Maybe Daniela had a bad day and Schiavone had a good day.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 19:46 

Local Time:
What is really frustrating about Hantuchova is that every now and then she'll have some great results, get everybodies hopes up that she's FINALLY going to turn that corner, and then she'll go and have a bad loss in a first round and bring everyone crashing down to earth again. If she had LOST those matches to Jankovic, no one would have been surprised at this result. It's because she had just reminded us how good she can be when she puts her mind to it, that this loss angered and frustrated so many fans.
I for one have accepted that Hantuchova has deep-seated emotional and mental issues that are unlikely to be resolved. And finally to give her some credit, and least she's hanging on in the Top 30. She hasn't gone down the same dark road as Dokic, Vaidisova, Tjakvetadze, Lucic or even Ivanovic, come to think of it.
Sometimes I do wonder if Daniela was ever really as good as she seemed in 2002, or that she just overachieved that one season. What do you guys think?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 20:07 

Local Time:
Daniela didn't over-achieve. She played her best on 2002 and 2007-first part of 2008. And top 10 is where she should be.

But you're forgetting that bloody heel injury. She was as high as no.7 after Australian Open 2008. Had she done a full season I have no doubt she would have maintained it, possibly cracked top 5 again. It took her a year to get back to playing ok. I think Charleston and Fed Cup she turned a corner, and Rome is a blip, everyone has blips. She must not waste time (and us too) on this loss to Schiavone. I honestly think she was tired from all the fed cup exertions.

Bring on a bloody hard draw in Madrid and Daniela will prove to us how awesome she is, that's what I say!!!! :beer:

PostPosted: 4. May 2010 23:09 
I know Daniela 10+ years now... (when she had been playing ITF). It's pretty hard to be her fan, to support her after all these years. But I (and you all) am still here, cheering for every point, for every set, for every match. Daniela is an IDEA for me, like other guys do with football teams. We are Hantuchova! What can we do...

It's both heartbreaking and amazing to follow Daniela's scores and matches. Danka is not a tennis machine. She is a 27 years old woman. She has her own personal-family problems like everyone.
Losing a match doesn't mean that she is useless or passed her peak. Personaly, I don't expect to see her 2002, 2007 form again.

Also, please don't forget that Daniela is the most unlucky player on the tour (for me, she is). 10 years now, I only see one chrapy draw after another. OMG... This is pathetic. She always plays home favourites, Top players in early rounds, tournament winners and more...

Just calculate that she play around 23-25 tournaments per year X 9 years = almost 215 draws. I only can name 15-20 draws which was normal for her. And now have a look to A. Radwanska's and Wozniacki's draws. You can see the difference.

I guess the only thing that hurts on this lost match is that all we still hope she will be back where she normaly have to be. That place is defenetly Top 15.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. May 2010 12:16 

Local Time:
Sometimes I do wonder if Daniela was ever really as good as she seemed in 2002, or that she just overachieved that one season. What do you guys think? There is no doubt in my mind. She WAS that damn good! That is why I might seem harsh in criticizing some of her substandard performances.

I don't think you can over-estimate how damaging the events of 2003 were to Daniela. Not only did her personal life fall apart,but she was the victim of some of the most appalling,self-centered coaching I've ever seen. In 2002 she was dubbed the 'Ice Queen' because she was so good in clutch situations-we all know what happened afterwards. I will always be wistful thinking of what might have been.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. May 2010 04:15 

Local Time:
To be honest, I am a bit surprised to how some of you react to her lost to Francesca. I have followed Daniela for quite a few years now and one thing I have learned is that the word "consistency" does not exist in her dictionary. She played good in the previous match doesn't mean we will see a similar performance in the next one. I kind of just let her surprise me every match she plays. If she plays good, I will compliment that; if not, then I just accept it as one of her off days.

Daniela has a beautiful game and she is able to compete with the top players WHEN she is on fire. But the problem is her level usually drops when she plays lower-ranked players and as a result of that, she could rarely go deep in tournaments to get chances facing the top players. I always say if she somehow could maintain her level a little bit more consistent, she would easily be in the top 10. Just see Radwanska, I am sorry to say she is the weakest player in the top but she is very consistent, she usually wins against lower-ranked players and looses against top ones. Daniela is already 27 now, she doesn't have much time left so I guess we will just be happy to see her play and every good run is a bonus unless she could change her stability.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 7. May 2010 03:40 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 14:11
Mandatory Premiers are Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid & Beijing.

How do the Williams sisters manage to avoid IW every year then? I know why they do... but if it's mandatory..?

Some interesting discussion about Daniela here...
I think we need to recognise that Daniela lost to a higher ranked opponent on her least favourite surface. Granted her play in the second and third sets was poor, but the facts remain the same. I wouldn't have liked her chances of beating Martinez Sanchez, nor Caroline so it was always going to be an uphill battle throughout the rest of the tournament.

It's a disappointing result but every player has them (ignoring a select few). Don't get me wrong i was pretty gutted by the loss, as i always am. Particularly because i felt like it was a winnable match, but i don't see the point in crying over spilt milk, especially when Daniela had a less than kind draw. At the same time we can't always make allowances for Daniela and truth be told she played poorly. I didn't see the first set but Franchesca never does anything particularly special on the tennis court, so my assumption is that Daniela was playing well. So from that perspective it is indeed irritating to say the least that Daniela couldn't sustain her play and more than that, irritating that she totally capitulated. But these are things that have been synonymous with her career. I doubt they're going to be rectified anytime soon.

Hopefully Daniela brings the game that notched up some JJ victories earlier this season to Madrid. It'd be nice if she grabbed some points to offset the ones she'll lose from Warsaw.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. May 2010 13:54 

Local Time:
It's so frustrating seeing jankovic doing so well after fed cup and daniela bombing so early in this tournament.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 7. May 2010 15:25 

Local Time:
It's so frustrating seeing jankovic doing so well after fed cup and daniela bombing so early in this tournament.

Trying to watch JJ in the semis right now but Eurosport have failed again.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. May 2010 15:45 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 00:11
madrid draw :|

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 9. May 2010 09:42 

Local Time:
Well, Martinez-Sanchez taking out the title makes me feel a lot better. I'm not sure Daniela would have been able to handle her in round 2.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6