Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 322 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Family Circle Cup, Charleston
PostPosted: 17. April 2010 21:24 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:52
A you've got to give a lot of credit to Stosur as she played very well and hit a lot of winners, plus her serve was decisive as she won a lot of points behind it and her serve rescued her late on in the second set. She saved the set points that Daniela had with powerful serves that gave Daniela no real chance to win the points and then she boomed down two aces when Daniela had her at 6-5 30-0 and her serve won her the game. Stosur played well in the tiebreak with some good winners and powerful serves. Daniela played well and she hit some great winners, she showed some nice touch and she moved pretty well but Stosur was just that bit better on the day. Stosur's heavy topspin brought her a bit of joy on the groundstrokes and there were a few that looked like they were going long but but dropped in on the line.

Stosur did play well although she'd had easier matches this week while Daniela had been playing for five hours over the previous two days.

It's a disappointment but Stosur played well and this has been a good tournament for Daniela with a great win against Jankovic and she can take a lot from this tournament.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2010 21:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:52
Daniela's second serve was horrific today. And at this level you can't afford to give away breaks with DF's.

Still a great tournament this week. :beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2010 21:33 

Local Time:
Shes playing Fed Cup next weekend!

But I thik she will have some problems with travelling to Europe because of the recent volcanic activity and ashes clouds...

some flights could be cancelled

maybe she will have to go by submarine like Jankovic said she herself maybe will
:D

Everything in life happens for a reason

PostPosted: 17. April 2010 21:55 
It was a great missed chance. Final=Top20. Never mind. Next stop after Fed Cup is Stuttgart, facing Top players. She can enter Top 20 before Warsaw points off.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2010 23:05 

Local Time:
"Stosur in the second sete especially whenever I had held the top administration - the first or second. The second time she" slajz 's court to the outside of 118 miles per hour (about 190 km / h - note. SITA), an exercise in male Top 30th incredible speed ... Although I had a chance, but I think now my decision a little tired. Doľahla to me when I was certain the ball late. Moreover, I had back problems in addition to the arm, so I gave an to seventy percent. This morning I barely raised his hand. Fyzioterapauti although trying to do what is possible, but I felt awful. The match could go as the Friday with Jankovic when I'm able to go. Too bad I did not use lead 5: 2nd If it were 1:1 in sets, it would remain open. But I think that gambling on such súperky have. It showed I did well here in the quarterfinals before - despite defeat - in Miami against Venus Williams," said D. Hantuchova SITA. Its overall appearance in the tournament, said: "I am very happy and given it to me about the worst surface.'s Already slower or not be around, played with heavy balls. That Rome or Madrid or Paris will be faster although also on clay. start of the season this procedure to the semifinals, therefore it is not bad. Vydarila I training last week in Orlando and now in the sites and come away with a lot of positives to Europe from the March finals in Monterrey."
@ google translation.

Quarter-final interview:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2010 23:12 

Local Time:
Having watched the highlights again,you could see how much her back was bothering her on her serve-she hit a first serve that didn't reach the net!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 00:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 00:52
I was at the match today. Daniela started out slow, then worked her way back into the match. A couple unlucky net hits, Stosur slamming about three serves in a row when Daniela was making a comeback zapping the energy out of her and her fans was unfortunate. Also about 4 or 5 times that Stosur was able to hit opposite of Daniela at the last SECOND really was enough to put a stop to Daniela getting to the third set. I am sure she would like to have the 3 set points that she had back to do again, but that is the nature of sports.

The crowd was rewarding great shots and I really don't think either player was a favorite until Samantha had some some great shots at the end. An airshow going on over Charleston was a minor distraction but not nearly as much as the Aussie cheer. I think many thought that was over done.

All in all, Daniela put on a good show and made Stosur work at times for the victory. Was bummed that Daniela didn't get a chance at the final once Wazniacki had to pull out of her semi final

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 04:25 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:52
I'm watching a replay of the game now. It's early days but Stosur really came out of the blocks strong. I'm disappointed with the defeat, but i genuinely thought that Stosur would have too many weapons for Daniela on this surface especially given their respective paths to the semi final. Stosur's serve is really well suited to this surface because the green clay gives a lot jump, so i imagine this would have given Daniela a pretty big head ache.

Hopefully Daniela's back is hampering her serve because her second serve, judging by the statistics, really wasn't up to scratch today. My suspicion is that Stosur was all over it with her forehand.

All in all this is a very positive tournament for Daniela. She notched up a great win against a top ten player and performed well against someone who's just outside the top ten in Stosur (inside the top ten after this tournament i'm assuming) - both of whom have much better clay court pedigree than Daniela.

Still watching the game, and in typical Eurosport fashion, they've fast forwarded to Daniela being 5:2 up in the second. So i can't even comment on any of her good play - although, serving for it at 5:3 and unable to take it out :(
Ah well, again very encouraging tournament. Daniela has given us a lot to cheer about lately. Hopefully she'll take care of herself physically so we can see her play like this for the remainder of the season.

One annoyance i guess this week is Daniela's inability to serve out sets. She struggled in Melbourne against Li and she struggled against JJ and Stosur this tournament. It's that intangible nerve that Daniela has never had large amounts of that you gather are stopping her being solid in these moments, but at the same time her serve.... you feel like if she just gained 5% or even 1% then she'd really find that extra spark to see her return to the top ten.

Oh well, over and out for this tournament. Rest up, Daniela. Well played.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 04:39 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 00:52
Daniela on Twitter:

# Fingers crossed I can get back to Europe soon... the situation isn't looking very good!
# I can take a lot of positives from this trip - I played well in Mexico, Miami too. Now I'm just going to recover, maybe sleep for a week :)
# I thought Sam played a really great match today. She was serving unbelievably and she's in such good form.

Nothing about her back, so hopefully that's not acting up too badly for her. If it is, I would definitely be skipping Fed Cup.

By the way, the ESPN announcers mentioned Jankovic was nursing a wrist injury after yesterday's match.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 08:02 

Local Time:
Well, on a positive note, she lost to a higher-ranked player, who's much better on clay than she is. Stosur made in the semis at Roland Garros last year after all. The one thing that keeps lingering is Daniela's continued difficulties to close out sets, or even worse, matches. Hopefully Darren Cahill or her new coach will be able to do something about that. It would make all the difference.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 11:48 

Local Time:
So many positives can be taken from this tournament, especially the fight back that got her her win against Jankovic. Having followed Daniela for a long long time a semi final at a clay court event is always an achievement and I hope she can continue showing her improvement on this surface over the next few weeks in the lead up to the french open.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 17:32 

Local Time:
Dani Falls To Sam in SFs

2010-04-17
Playing in the semifinals of the Family Circle Cup for the first time in her career, Daniela put up a valiant fight but ultimately fell to Samantha Stosur in a tight two-setter, 63 76(2). After losing the first set, Daniela held a 5-2 lead in the second set with two set points at 5-4; but Stosur served her way out of trouble and ended up closing her out.

"I thought Sam played a really great match today. She was serving unbelievably and she's in such good form," Daniela said. "I had a great week in Charleston. I gave my best. I had some tough physical matches but kept fighting until the end."

"I can take a lot of positives from this whole trip - I played well in Mexico, Miami too... Now I'm just going to recover, maybe sleep a lot for a week :) I'll get some treatment the next few days too."

Daniela said she is looking forward to the European clay court season more than usual this year: "It's probably my toughest surface to play on but I'm really excited about it, probably more excited than ever before... Fingers crossed I can get back to Europe soon... the situation isn't looking very good!"

Hantuchova wants to quickly home to načerpala forces in Fed Cup

CHARLESTON - The situation prior to next week's meeting, Belgrade, Serbia - Slovakia to participate in the first World Group 2011 Fed Cup tennis women's representative teams are increasingly thickened. Home number two Ana Ivanović earlier announced its long-term decline for lack of form. Second singlistka hostiek Dominika Cibulkova the last week in Ponte Vedra Beach weaknesses and wounding at least until Tuesday to be treated.

Unit selection Balkan Jelena Jankovic after losing in the quarterfinals Friday in Charleston delegated to playing with a sore left hand. Srbkina premožiteľka and team leader of Slovakia Daniela Hantuchova after Saturday's semi-final reverse against Australian Samantha Stosur said: "Today my decision a little tired. Doľahla to me when I was certain the ball late. Moreover, I had back problems in addition to the arm, I administered so to seventy percent. I woke up and I barely raised his hand. Physiotherapists, although trying to do what is possible, but I felt awful. "hurt you back in mid-March in Indian Wells, California, it rang again on Thursday Nemko duel with Angelique Kerber."
Jankovic paralyzed for air transport under the influence of volcanic activity in Iceland have already thought of a joke - Bradentone stuck in Florida - the submarine. Hantuchova has also Transportation problem: "It is shortly after the match, so I have not had time to establish something, but it does not look too pink, rather dosť wrong. I hope to get home as quickly as possible, where I was almost two months. Tie was very long and I definitely go for my doctor, because the spine is not in the best condition and are now being added to the shoulder. I need to put together healthy, well relax and get power, that I was as fresh as possible for the Fed Cup matches. While it is somehow the main transported to Europe at all."
@ google translation.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 20:41 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 02:52
Stosur demolished Vera in the final... So, at least daniela lost to the eventual champion.

8-)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 21:03 

Local Time:
This back problem of Daniela's is really doing my head in :( Why is it whenever she starts to play well her body starts failing on her?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2010 21:26 

Local Time:
Stosur absolutely beasted Zvonareva, she had 36 winners and played amazingly. It's a different day and a different match-up to Daniela's match against Stosur but it shows that Daniela was competitive against a player in great form when she was nowhere near her best physically.
Daniela wasn't fit and she'd have been playing in pain so it shows how well she played and how much she fought to do as well as she did here.

I got the trophy presentation on a Russian TV feed and the commentator was gloriously melancholic. It was the same guy that was commentating on the Clijsters-Henin match in Miami and he was just as doleful then so it wasn't because Zvonareva lost.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 322 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next