Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 15:24 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 07:25
This is a disappointing result but there are some mitigating circumstances. It really sucks that Daniela hurt her back because that limited her and if she'd been fit, she'd have had a much better chance to win. The windy and cold conditions wouldn't have helped Daniela either as she generally plays her best tennis when it's warm and windless. Daniela kept fighting but it wasn't to be.

A worry is that Daniela had back problems at the end of last year and she withdrew from Linz and Bali because of it and she's got a back injury again. Hopefully, it's not too serious but back problems would explain things like the relative lack of potency on her serve. Daniela will have about two weeks to recover before she plays in Miami and she doesn't have too many points to defend over the next couple of months. If Daniela had won and aggravated the injury and had to miss tournaments then it would be a pyrrhic victory but maybe I'm trying to rationalise things. This is just gutting, especially as this is such a special tournament for Daniela and she gets hurt. Get well soon Daniela, the important thing right now is that she gets fit and healthy.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 16:16 

Local Time:
Hantuchova during Saturday's workout at rozohrávke shekels in back and the match with Vinci started with great self-denial. "Even after five minutes of training I suddenly shekels in the back and was not at all clear whether I can get on the match. I was given anti-inflammatory drugs, and I finally went to court, but was not it. I could not dial, it's hard to me to breathe. I do not reduce the good performance Vinci, which is unpleasant strong wind played smart tennis and won deservedly. I tried to chase after her court and be patient in the exchanges, but I should still be aggressive," Hantuchova told Reuters, which throughout the match does not go under ideas first filing. After the second service was often under pressure from Italian.

The second condition for dejstva 5:6 Hantuchova had three options to enforce the tie-break, but Vinci always offset the match and converted his advantage the very first mečbal. Italian to adjust the balance of mutual Hantuchova at 2-1. Slovenka last lost in Indian Wells on 2nd round in 2004, ended when the rocket Irvinovej American Marissa, in 2001 at the premiere in the main competition as kvalifikantka lost in first round madárka Rito Kuti-Kish. Last year, California received the second round. "I fought until the last ball, the fans encouraged me profusely. Nedotiahla but I was in the second game or the tie-break. I'm obviously very disappointed because the tournament in Indian Wells is my favorite for years on the circuit, the workouts, I felt very good cool . Tennis is a once, once you are up, sometimes down. Last week in Monterrey, Mexico, I came to the finals, now I have failed once the initial obstacle,"said Hantuchova, who was in 1st Indian Wells round bye. Slovak unit should now move to the next major tournament in Miami. "Next day certainly will not be able to play. I hope to start the tournament in Miami I will be disabled in order. Florida will try to press for the best possible outcome."
@google translation.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 17:20 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 08:25
Im sorry that her favourite tournament had to end that way. But she will sure succeed somewhere else. Come on Dani!

Hope she will get well soon.

Good luck in Miami

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 21:14 

Local Time:
When I saw the result I was furious, but the first post I read on here was about her back and when you have an injury like that, especially your back which is only going to cause problems with your game, then I can't say anything bad about this defeat. If anything, Daniela should have given Vinci a walk-over and rested up for Miami. Get well soon Daniela.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. March 2010 04:35 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 17:25
Sucks to hear Daniela had a back injury, at her favourite tournament nonetheless... In retrospect, she at least put up a fight even if she wasn't 100% so I take back my comment that it was a horrid performance. Though, reports over at the TF say that Daniela is back to training, so hopefully the back injury isn't that bad and she can remain fit and healthy for Miami, where she has very little to defend.

On a side note, Daniela's side of the draw opened up with Azarenka losing to Martinez Sanchez, and the top half has completely opened up with Clijsters losing to Kleybanova. File this under another coulda woulda shoulda.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. March 2010 11:10 

Local Time:
On a side note, Daniela's side of the draw opened up with Azarenka losing to Martinez Sanchez, and the top half has completely opened up with Clijsters losing to Kleybanova. File this under another coulda woulda shoulda.

I was just about to say the same. Daniela can beat pretty much all of the players left in the draw, and had she been close to her best I think she could have got to the final or even one this tournament once again.

Route to the final would have been:

Wickmayer[13]
Martinez Sanchez[28]
Zvonareva[12] or Stosur[8]
Jankovic[6] or Peer[17] or possibly Kleybanova[23]

Opportunity missed unfortunately.

On a different note, Stosur beat Pavlyuchenkova 6-3 6-0! It just shows that if you go up against a ball-basher / relatively inexperienced player with a different style they typically crumble since their game becomes less effective. Well done Stosur. Although perhaps Anastasia was slightly fatigued too.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. March 2010 02:51 

Local Time:
Daniela's Indian Wells Blog Tuesday, March 16, 20100

Hi everyone :)

Well, my time in Indian Wells is coming to an end. I did an autograph session Monday (thank you everyone who came!), got some treatment on my back and have been practicing too. Today I'm going to Miami, where I'll be seeing a doctor for the next few days. Hopefully I will be ready for Miami - you never know how long injuries will take to get better, but I'll do everything I can to be ready.

It was great to be at my favorite tournament. Even though I lost early it brought back so many good memories to be back here. And that's the beauty of tennis, that you can be in the finals one week and the next week you're out early. You never know what is going to happen. These days there are so many great players in every draw, it just shows how strong women's tennis is at the moment. Hopefully that makes it more exciting for all of you to follow :)

Thanks again for all of your support and talk to you soon!

Daniela

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. March 2010 18:22 

Local Time:
Given that the combined Indian Wells event is, theoretically, the fourth or fifth most prestigious tournament for the ATP and WTA players, you could be forgiven for scanning the women's seedings and exclaiming, "What?????"

The top seed is Svetlana Kuznetsova, and the No. 2 seed is Caroline Wozniacki. Checking in at No. 3 is Victoria Azarenka. The top three seeds have a whopping two Grand Slam titles among them, both accounted for by Kuznetsova (she's got one U.S. Open and one French Open). By my count, that's one fewer title than Serena Williams has won in the past eight months. Let's not even bring Serena's sister Venus into the discussion.

Can you ask for a more impressive testament to the surname Williams?

OK, we all know the Williams sisters resolved never to play Indian Wells after that ugly controversy in 2001. As a result, this title has been up for grabs for nearly a decade, which explains how the likes of Daniela Hantuchova managed to bag it in 2007. (Although, in all fairness, she won it in 2000 as well, when nobody was boycotting it.)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. March 2010 00:33 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 03:25
Harsh comment there. But it's true that the sisters would have many more IW titles if they still played the tourny. Still, stupid thing to say about daniela (and pretty bad journalism saying that she won it in 2000)...

Im still amazed how unlucky danka can be. The draw opened heavily, no Wickmayer, no Azarenka, no Kim, no Lena... Maybe daniela would ve had a shot at getting pretty deep here... Only if... :cry:

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. March 2010 03:41 

Local Time:
I think we must accept the fact that with Daniela's form at the moment, it is almost impossible for her to win a big tournament. She can somehow go deep in smaller ones but even winning these smaller tournaments is also a question. There are so many up and coming girls out there on the tour, let alone the great players coming back and those with a consistent performance like Elena, Vera or even Radwanska.

If Daniela wants to get back to the top, she must add something new to her game and improve her strong point. For example, I would say she can improve her forehand, which from my point of view is one of her advantages. Daniela keeps saying she is a "new player" now, has been improved a lot but honestly, I don't see that. In her match, she kept making the same mistakes. I think this year is really important to her bc she doesn't have much time left. She must do something otherwise she will stay like this until the end.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. March 2010 13:58 

Local Time:
If Daniela wants to get back to the top, she must add something new to her game and improve her strong point. For example, I would say she can improve her forehand, which from my point of view is one of her advantages. Daniela keeps saying she is a "new player" now, has been improved a lot but honestly, I don't see that. In her match, she kept making the same mistakes. I think this year is really important to her bc she doesn't have much time left. She must do something otherwise she will stay like this until the end.Good post. The forehand is the only part of Daniela's game I trust right now-the backhand,which was so devastating earlier in her career,has regressed to a limp moonballing type of shot,and her serve is simlpy inadequate these days.

The simple solution for Daniela is to become more fearless in her shotmaking again,like she was in her teens. I don't think she will win many matches against the top 10 with her current clay-court game,as her courtspeed and defensive skills are not sufficient.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. March 2010 17:24 

Local Time:
Miami

Sharapova, Serena W., Safina have withdrawn due to injuries

Everything in life happens for a reason

PostPosted: 21. March 2010 23:35 
It was so painful seeing her helpless against the match with Vinci....
Daniela need to do so many things on training. It seems that she don't work well.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4