Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 229 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Monterey Open, Monterey
PostPosted: 3. March 2010 23:58 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 14:12
hurrreeeey

but a bit lucky in the end... that DF

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 00:07 

Local Time:
Woeful.Simply woeful-I'm not surprised she tried to break her racket. Get your act together Daniela! :x

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 00:22 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 13:12
Daniela really made things difficult for herself and she should have won this match much more easily than she did because she was 5-1 up in the second set but then she started making errors and her decision making and shot selection weren't great. Daniela just seemed to go totally off the boil while Dominguez Lino hung on and got balls back.
Still, Daniela won but she's got to do better if she's going to go on a good run in this tournament.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 01:55 

Local Time:
Next round will be very tough. Kanepi has a big serve. Daniela will find it hard to read. I hope daniela can squeeze thru somehow. Quarter final will be against king. So draw has really opened up.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 02:40 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 07:12
Ugly win. That being said, we have seen Daniela numerous times deliver a bang-up performance one day and then revert back to mediocrity the next. So, it's not at all likely that there will be any carryover.

Kanepi was an interesting player for about six months a year and a half ago, but has done nothing of note since. I'm (cautiously) confident.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 12:19 

Local Time:
Kanepi will be a tricky encounter, no doubt about that, and after yesterday (from what I've read) it might turn out to be an even more difficult encounter than some would have expected. Like pmrd44 said, Daniela has shown so far this year a tendency to win well and follow it by winning ugly or even losing, as well as vice-versa, so hopefully this will be the case again today and after Daniela's ugly win last night, she can follow it up with a much more convincing win today and head into the Quarter Finals where Vania King isn't the most nerve jangling of opponents. You still have to beat whats put in front of you, whatever the rankings or records say, and that applies to todays match just as much as any other match Daniela plays in her career.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 14:35 

Local Time:
I would put Kanepi in the same sort of player as Kleybanova, Pavlyuchenkova...sometimes can be Daniela's worst nightmare...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 15:05 

Local Time:
Oreder of Play Thursday, March 4, 2010

Center Court (from 15.00hrs)
1. Agnes Szavay vs. Anna-Lena Groenefeld
2. Sara Errani vs. Dominika Cibulkova (NB 17.00hrs)
3. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Kaia Kanepi
4. Errani/Vinci vs. Craybas/Goerges (NB 20.00hrs)

This is a match that I wasn't concerned about when the draw was made as Kanepi's form was terrible for most of last year. However, she did beat Li Na in Auckland and she's had some wins this year, albeit largely against fairly average players. The thing that concerns me is the problem Daniela had in closing out the match yesterday and how poorly she played at the end of the second set when she made a lot of errors. I just hope that the second set isn't a red flag and that Daniela's able to pick her level up and maintain a good level throughout the match. Kanepi could play a great match but I think Daniela's level will determine the match.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 15:12 

Local Time:
It's kanepi' serve im worried about, its huge. Was Daniela wearing the yellow outfit? Again...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 15:36 

Local Time:
"The conditions here are not easy because of the altitude so it takes some time to get used to. That's why I'm glad we came early to prepare!" Hantuchova said after the match. "I'm very happy to be through to the next round." @ wta website.

Daniela Hantuchova got through the first round in straight sets, beating the Spanish Lourdes Dominguez Lino 6-3, 7-6 (8-6).
Although he had to go to a closed sudden death in the second set, the tournament seeded number two, Daniela Hantuchova, got past the first round in straight sets, beating the Spanish Lourdes Dominguez 6-3 7-6 (8 -- 6) in Monterrey Open tennis tournament which takes place at the Tennis Club Sierra Madre.

Although in the first set was imposed without problems, the latter lost five games in a row that took the game to sudden death, on what the final meeting with the media, Hantuchova said:

"Well, that's tennis, you have good times, bad times, I just had to know how to handle it, turn it, win the tiebreak in the second set, especially she started to play better and I only had to take it in stride," said the Slovakian player is now the favorite of the tournament.

In the first set was Dominguez who stood for a powerful serve, but sometimes was giving him control problems, while Hantuchova took advantage of short returns to leave without the opportunity to Dominguez.

Thus the advantage of Hantuchova went up 5-2, but Dominguez was able to sustain a throw to base of great courage to improve to 5-3, while Daniela Hantuchova finally kept himself to win the set 6-3.

For the start of the second set, Dominguez retained his first serve and henceforth Hantuchova took hold of the situation since his return failed Dominguez Hantuchova won five straight games in a row he did see that the party would lead quickly to reach 5-1.

However, things changed since then, Dominguez raised the height of your returns as Hantuchova got in trouble, initially because he found ways to adapt and Lourdes Dominguez was playing a flawless tennis, who won five straight games to be set up on the scoreboard 6-5.

Finally after asking to see his coach, Hantuchova was applied to the return lines that gave trouble to the Spanish and thus won his kick tied the score at six, forcing the tiebreaker, in which things were most couples.

Hantuchova lowered the level of their returns and returned to the short part of the court which in the end gave him the lead despite draw to reach six points, pushing the Spanish network straight to close it returns brought victory.
@ google translation.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 18:22 

Local Time:
Hope she will play better tonight!

She cant afford these types of switch offs again...

banned
PostPosted: 4. March 2010 19:24 

Local Time:
I don't know what bothers me more, that Daniela has these bad patches in her matches, or that she is so casual and cavalier about it afterwards. Against a higher ranked player she would have ended up losing this match, but maybe she just doesn't care so much. I mean the appearance fee she's getting to play here is probably more than she'll make if she wins the whole tournament.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. March 2010 02:15 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 08:12
Can someone let me know when the match starts? I'm out with friends and can't seem to get scores on phone. Thanks.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. March 2010 02:20 

Local Time:
in 10 minutes time

2:30 (GMT+1)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. March 2010 02:31 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 07:12
Starting any minute, they are on the court

Livestream

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 229 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next