Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Medibank International Sydney
PostPosted: 12. January 2010 16:43 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 02:35
Not watching any of the match I cant say much about it, but the scoreline is pleasing, despite it being a defeat. See what she can do in Melbourne next week.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2010 19:02 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 03:35
I think Daniela lost the momentum when they were given the 10 minute heat rule. She had just won the 2nd set and then the heat delay meant it was a race to one set and Dementieva was able to regroup. Had it been a match where the heat rule wasn't taken into affect, I think Daniela's winning momentum would have been there as Elena serve was tiring. I'm pleased though that it wasn't a simliar scoreline to the last 3-4 meetings. 62, 64 etc..and i'm glad Daniela was angry with herself and isn't content to just take a set off a top 5 player. I think Dementieva was a little more consistent in her groundstokes and coped better with the heat. However, I am suprised Daniela changed to a darker colour top for the final set as that would have felt hotter on her skin compared with the white one. :cry:

One thing i'm really glad about is how much support she is getting from the top coaches. They all seem desperate for her to do well. It's great to have so much support around you. I just hope with all this advice and help from different people, it's not confusing for Daniela...as different coaches have different ideas and too many different pointers may lead to indecision on the court. At the moment though it seems to be paying off.

If anyone has recorded the 1st two sets when they were showing it, PLEASE ( I beg) upload them or give me a link... many thanks!

With regards Melbourne, I think Daniela can't really avoid a difficult draw being ranked in the 20-24 bracket of the seeding. Her 3rd round opponent will almost certainly be very tough. The only person I think Daniela will have a really good chance of beating is Bartoli.

I will cry if she gets Sharapova or Clijsters 3rd round and Serena in 4th round. (A bit like 2006)

However, Daniela at the moment is certainly capable of causing an upset, but of course there are some dangerous floaters (WC'S) too in the draw, so even 3rd round may not be a given...sorry for rambling but i hate these last days leading up to the draw..it's a scary few days of worrying.... :oops: :lol:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2010 21:43 

Local Time:
Eduard Nicolas was coaching her here, so it seems like Daniela's back with him and/or Sanchez Casal in some capacity. She did that photoshoot in Barcelona in the second week in November and I'm speculating that there's a very good chance that she was training at Sanchez Casal. Nicolas was with Daniela in Luxembourg. Daniela said that Cahill couldn't make it this week but would be back for the Australian Open.Thanks for the info chungwit. Frankly I'm confused-is she not working with Larri anymore?OTOH I'm delighted she is working with Cahill,and am amazed that no top ATP player wants to hire him fulltime.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. January 2010 22:14 

Local Time:
Too bad Daniela lost today, but seems like it was a good match of her.
At least she has now some days off to prepare for the AO next week.

Somehow I have a good feeling for the AO. At least a 4r finish I hope, but first lets wait for the draw.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. January 2010 16:51 

Local Time:
Azarenka is certainly getting some pre-AO practice in: three matches so far, nine sets, 88 games...

Site Admin
PostPosted: 13. January 2010 21:34 

Local Time:
Azarenka is certainly getting some pre-AO practice in: three matches so far, nine sets, 88 games...

yup. Almost cruised too much against Cibulkova with 4-0 lead and a chance for a 5-0 lead in the 3rd set. Served for the match 3 times before the 7-5 victory. Why does my faves always insist on givng me heart attacks

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. January 2010 06:46 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 20:35
Was really against Serena (bad mouth , poor sportmanship) :x tonight but hopefully Dementieva can put her away tomorrow night. Also makes Daniela look pretty good if Elena wins. :)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. January 2010 11:26 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 01:35
WOW :|
Dementieva won against the nr2 in the world 63 62 . Now she won against the nr7 63 61. I do believe that Daniela played AWESOME and was the only until now to take a set from her , that must help Daniela and her confidence .

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. January 2010 18:10 

Local Time:
Dementieva's subsequent results show how well Daniela played against her, and as eddy said, the heat break disrupted Daniela's momentum and allowed Dementieva to regroup, otherwise Daniela had a great chance. Daniela's results against Szavay and Razzano show that she's in good form going into the Australian Open.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. January 2010 23:12 

Local Time:

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. January 2010 11:47 

Local Time:
Impressive win of Elena like I had predicted :D

Wanting her to beat my landmate Henin! ^^

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7