Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier III Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Medibank International Sydney
PostPosted: 9. January 2010 15:21 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 13:46
Well I don't think it's a good draw... I believe that she will take one set but not two :( Hoping I am wrong ^^

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. January 2010 16:26 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 12:46
Williams versus Henin will be interesting (providing Henin gets through her first round).

Well Laura Robson beat Sanchez Martinez in straight sets earlier today in the Hopman Cup final.

Yeh that was a great win for Robson. Pretty typical how prior to that Murray had won all three of his singles matches while Robson had won none of hers, and then on the day that Robson takes her singles match and GB have the best chance of winning the tie, Murray loses his singles in three sets. They had chances in the doubles (squandering three set points in the opening set), but still, a great week from both of them, representing Britain well.
Subsequently, Robson has been awarded a wildcard into the Australian Open women's singles qualifying so the Aussie's were clearly impressed with her. Hopefully she can improve on her performance in the US Open qualifying last year where she was knocked out in the third and final round.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 9. January 2010 17:33 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 22:46
An interesting first round match up. Hopefully Daniela can recapture some of the form she had against Szavay.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 9. January 2010 17:40 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 22:46
Williams versus Henin will be interesting (providing Henin gets through her first round).

Well Laura Robson beat Sanchez Martinez in straight sets earlier today in the Hopman Cup final.

Yeh that was a great win for Robson. Pretty typical how prior to that Murray had won all three of his singles matches while Robson had won none of hers, and then on the day that Robson takes her singles match and GB have the best chance of winning the tie, Murray loses his singles in three sets. They had chances in the doubles (squandering three set points in the opening set), but still, a great week from both of them, representing Britain well.
Subsequently, Robson has been awarded a wildcard into the Australian Open women's singles qualifying so the Aussie's were clearly impressed with her. Hopefully she can improve on her performance in the US Open qualifying last year where she was knocked out in the third and final round.

I've been watching bits and pieces of the Hopman Cup and i'm thinking a lot of the praise she has received is well deserved. It's not just her play, but her on-court demeanor and attitude off the court seem really fantastic. She strikes me as the next Clijsters; one of the more universally loved players. I mean, if the Aussie's have embraced a pom it's really saying something haha.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. January 2010 17:48 

Local Time:

I've been watching bits and pieces of the Hopman Cup and i'm thinking a lot of the praise she has received is well deserved. It's not just her play, but her on-court demeanor and attitude off the court seem really fantastic. She strikes me as the next Clijsters; one of the more universally loved players. I mean, if the Aussie's have embraced a pom it's really saying something haha.

She's a wonderful talent, and only 15 to boot (turning 16 in a couple of weeks). From what I've read in the British press, especially this week with her appearances in the Hopman Cup, she seems to have her head well and truly screwed on and isn't getting carried away with anything. Her team seem focused but very patient and know its not going to happen over night, but the win against Sanchez Martinez shows anyone, who didn't know much about her, how much promise she has and I really hope her talent and potential can come into fruition because its been too long since we had a top level women's tennis player representing Britain. I say representing, not from, because she wasnt actually born in Britain, and I wonder if her place of birth had anything to do with her receiving a wild card into the qualifiers for the Aussie Open as her parents are from Western Australia and Laura was born there before they all moved to Britain when Laura was very young. Her allegiances are certainly with Britain, she's even got the accent, but I wonder how much Australian tennis fans wished she was theirs.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. January 2010 21:10 

Local Time:
Back to Daniela, it seems like her match isn't going to be televised as coverage, at least on channel 7, doesn't start till noon but she starts at 11am. I've not found a scheduled stream on any of the usual sites, so right now it looks like it's going to be live scores.
If anyone can come up with a stream, then that would be great.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 01:32 

Local Time:
I am so desperate for Daniela to get revenge on Razzano...I also don't want to have the whole of next week without Daniela on court...

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 01:58 

Local Time:
Dani wins the first set 6-3 :D

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 02:01 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 06:46
Going good so far Daniela wins first set 6 - 3. Stats not bad. Second set Daniela up 1-0.
On serve.

Daniela breaks up 2 - 0 second set

Breaks again 4 - 0

Any live streams???

Last edited by Sail8 on 10. January 2010 02:14, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 02:05 

Local Time:
Wow 6-3 3-0 awesome Daniela, so annoying this isn't being broadcasted...ah well...i don't care so long as Daniela wins!

Double break! Awesome! Go Daniela! Saved 3 break poiints but still wins the game 6-3 5-0!!!! Bagel the Razz!

:o WOW 6-3 6-0 in 1hr 5 mins 8-) :D

Daniela didn't get broken once!

Bring in the winner of Elena and Franny... :lol:

Last edited by eddy on 10. January 2010 02:26, edited 2 times in total.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 02:21 

Local Time:
Nice bagel :mrgreen:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 02:22 

Local Time:
6-3,6-0 Nice result :P :D

DANI thank you for.....

Last edited by DANIandDELmania on 10. January 2010 02:39, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 02:23 

Local Time:
What a totally surprising scoreline (and perhaps even result): Daniela wins 6-3 6-0. Great start to the tournament, and playing on Sunday was perfect for her because she'll now have lots of preperation time for the next match! And I don't think its set in stone that it will be Dementieva. Schiavone has been playing well and is a former finalist in Sydney so I think there's potential for a first-round upset (and I'd much rather Daniela play the Italian in round 2).

Last edited by asj001 on 10. January 2010 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 02:27 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 06:46
I totally forgot about the match and just looked at the live scores. What a pleasant surprise! And she sure showed all of us who were pessimistic after the loss to Petkovic.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 02:45 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 08:46
wow, Daniela gave a bagel? That is encouraging. I just hope she can matain this kind of serve stats for more than one match... Pretty nice numbers to start the season so far, at least compared to last year...

Keep going, daniela! :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next