Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Medibank International Sydney
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 03:12 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 08:56
I'm so happy that Daniela win this one...and what a score!!...Dani bagelled a top 20 player....
can't wait for the r2....
no livestream? :(

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 04:35 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 10:56
Well, we never know what to expect from Daniela. The proof is in the pudding considering her last 2 matches. Very encouraging scoreline! I think i'd like to see her play Dementieva - her form hasn't been fantastic during the Hopman Cup and it'd be a lovely chance for Daniela to get another top 20 scalp, one of the things missing from her 2009 season (consistent big wins).

Just interesting with Daniela's never being broken against Razzano. Correct me if i'm wrong. But didn't she fail to hold serve against her at the 1st round of the French Open last year? Talk about turning things around. Fingers crossed she maintains this level.

EDIT: Seems Henin has withdrawn from Sydney. Disappointing, i was particularly looking forward to seeing a 2nd round match up with Serena. It would have been nice to see both Belgians return with victories against the American. Maybe she'd spaz it at another line judge.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Last edited by BMC on 10. January 2010 06:27, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 05:04 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 01:56
I totally forgot about the match and just looked at the live scores. What a pleasant surprise! And she sure showed all of us who were pessimistic after the loss to Petkovic.Ditto. It's the best evidence we have that she is in much better form this year than last. Looks like Petkovic just caught her cold in Brisbane. Worth noting too that Daniela held serve just once in her defeat at the French Open but didn't get broken today.

I must catch her match with Dementieva. No better way to ascertain what shape she's in unless she plays against the best-even if the scoreline is ugly! :)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 08:35 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 10:56
Dementieva beat Schiavone 6-2, 7-5.

Looks like it's the world number 5 in the next round.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 12:42 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 00:56
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Absolutely superb win by Daniela. She bageled a top 20 player that had beaten her in their last three matches. Daniela's stats, especially on serve, are very good. Razzano is an inconsistent player so she could have played badly but Daniela just didn't let her get into the match at all and was dominant throughout.

This shows that Daniela's in good form and a win like this will give her a lot of confidence and momentum for the Dementieva match and the Australian Open. I feel the loss to Petkovic was a bit unlucky as Petkovic was used to the court conditions and had an extra days rest before the match. Szavay and Razzano had been beating Daniela, but she thrashed them both in successive weeks.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 12:56 

Local Time:
"Today I could not just rely on the filing, but for everything. I was fully concentrated, well I move and certainly helped me and that my service so that it was based. Enough blowing and it was important to try to patiently hold the ball in play, attempt to unnecessarily about winning strikes. For my part, it was super, super match," happily referovala Daniela Hantuchova, and added: "I am very happy that I was immediately remedied by a little upset the impression that I left a quarter defeat in Brisbane with Nemko Andrea Petkovic . Even after moving to Sydney I was doing the workouts, so I hope for good performance, but I have not face up to this - one in particular in those early games will never know."

In the eight measured forces Elena Dementieva, Schiavone to overcome.
"Schiavone can potrápiť Dementieva, it's pretty open. If, however, will ultimately Dementieva, then I can say in advance that although it will be a very difficult match but I enjoyed it to such a confrontation. Exactly something I needed before the Australian Open and there have already been cast in quality nenavyberám. I am glad that I have Monday off for recovery, because in Sydney there is terrible heat," said D. Hantuchova, who on Saturday managed to Brisbane thrilling part Belgian final between Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin: "unreal tennis. Watching him until the end of the second set, then had to go to sleep before today's self-withdrawal. The beautiful game Belgičaniek inspired me and I wanted to to this day at least a little closer. "
@ google translation.

Hantuchova after smooth victory over Razzano overtly great satisfaction. "I am very glad that I have overcome it in straight sets. The last three matches I lost to her at all and I nepočítala the fact that it will now go so smoothly. Throughout the duel was on villages wonderfully varied, in exchange, I was patient and reliable, based on administration and return to me. I played very cleverly. For the first two Razzano garage, it was classic, soon after killing me, but gradually, thanks to my good long strokes eliminate its weapons. Center in Sydney was much better than outdoor farmstead in Brisbane, where we played with Petkovic, there was complete "soap." Balls were this time a high jump, which suited me because Razzano was unable to play her favorite line," said Hantuchova, who the afternoon with the coach was about to watch a match between Dementieva and Schiavone.

"Both are very good quality toys, good to know. At this tournament you have one súperky nenavyberá, uhraté each round is a success. It certainly is for me a very good test before the Australian Open," said Hantuchova.
@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 13:50 

Local Time:
Thank you for finding these articles!

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 15:56 

Local Time:
Ditto. It's the best evidence we have that she is in much better form this year than last.Or maybe just a further proof of Daniela's inconsistency and unpredictability. Though the scoreline looks interesting.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 16:08 

Local Time:
Ditto. It's the best evidence we have that she is in much better form this year than last.Or maybe just a further proof of Daniela's inconsistency and unpredictability. Though the scoreline looks interesting.

you are such a pessimist

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 16:45 

Local Time:
Great start into the tournament. Never expected such a result against the french after the last match in Brisbane.
With Daniela you can really never know.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 17:03 

Local Time:
you are such a pessimistSaid an optimist to a realist. :lol:

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 17:48 

Local Time:
what a great win from Daniela! =D I hope she can repeat this again in her 2nd round, :!: :?:
I believe she can get to the semis, Dementieva & Safina are beatable for Daniela I think.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 19:05 

Local Time:
you are such a pessimistSaid an optimist to a realist. :lol:

christina do you expect different thoughts from martin? :lol: :lol:
unexpected scoreline
i will be very surprized if can take a set from dementieva

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 19:26 

Local Time:
Or maybe just a further proof of Daniela's inconsistency and unpredictability. Not really true. She was consistently rubbish until the clay season last year. This is a top Twenty win-it took until Ponte Vedra last year before Daniela was able to beat anyone ranked in the top 50,and frankly a win over Mattek-Sands on clay isn't worth bragging about. :P

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 19:46 

Local Time:
Not really true. She was consistently rubbish until the clay season last year. This is a top Twenty win-it took until Ponte Vedra last year before Daniela was able to beat anyone ranked in the top 50,and frankly a win over Mattek-Sands on clay isn't worth bragging about. :PTop 20 win over someone who lost to Date last week. But I will try to be a bit more optimistic if yout think there is a reason to be. :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next