HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Brisbane International
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 04:10 

Local Time:
|24. April 2024| 22:30
So much for Daniela being a totally different player this year. :x Embarrassing performance, winning only six games.

Career Grand Slam

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 00:30
And, it's over... really, same old same old...

I thought she had improved, given yesterday's performance, but this loss says a lot :oops:

Tier I Title Holder

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 12:30
Fuck ...very deifferent level from yesterday...wanna scold her...i dont mean it but i'm just frustrated

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 04:12 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 14:30
Well there you have it. Broken at 5-2 down in the second. Again, we can't see the game but it's hard to imagine Daniela played very well. I genuinely thought we were in for a solid win today after Daniela's form yesterday - regardless of the fact that Szavay played pretty badly Daniela was very solid. Disappointing, disappointing, disappointing.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 08:11 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 05:30
What a disappointing result!

She was destroyed with the second serve. Daniela must do sth about that. But this is still the first tournament and Daniela is not the type of player who gets "hot" quickly, so let's wait and see.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 10:33 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 04:30
A frustrating result, particularly since Petkovic is someone Daniela should be very competitive against (regardless of whether Petkovic is in good form). Andrea went on a great run mid-last year but apart from that she's not done much and this result is a surprise (particularly the straight sets scoreline).
Well, it was a chance to play Clijsters (who's probably going to be one of the top-3 players this year, so its a shame Daniela doesn't get a chance to have a shot at her). If Daniela is going to lose these kinds of matches then she's only ever going to play the top players in the Slams, which isn't often enough if she wants to get back up the rankings and improve her game.
It is the first tournament of the year though, and a quarter-final is good (especially when compared to last years first round exit). I just don't know why Daniela needs a 'test-run' against many of the players before actually beating them. I think if she were to play Petkovic tomorrow she'd win. She just seems to struggle first time around against up and coming players (Szavay being another example).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 10:55 

Local Time:
This sucks.

It's difficult to say what happened without seeing the match and whether Daniela played poorly, Petkovic played well or it was a combination of the two. Statistics can only tell you so much but Daniela's service stats, especially on second serve, don't make for good reading and she didn't make much of an inroad into Petkovic's serve. Her serve deteriorated in the second set, or Petkovic's returns got better. Whether Daniela's serve got worse, got more predictable or Petkovic was in a great grove returning, or a combination, I'm not sure. Daniela's second serve was punished at times against Szavay and it was her achilles heel today, especially in the second set. If the second serve was short, it would have been returned with interest and the kick serve won't be effective against a tall player like Petkovic as it would sit up in her hitting zone a lot of the time. But that happens a lot with the second serve. Daniela really needs to get the first serve in. Still, Daniela has a top coach to help her out.

I don't know if the match being played on court 1 made a difference as Petkovic had played all her matches there, would be used to the conditions and would be a lot more comfortable playing there than on Rafter while Daniela would have been a lot more comfortable playing on Rafter. Still, the court shouldn't have made that much difference to what happened.

Pretty much every time that Daniela lost to a lower-ranked player last year that player had their best tournament against Daniela and didn't do much the rest of the year and what do you bet this happens again.

Oh well, on to Sydney.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 11:04 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova lost quite unexpectedly in Brisbane with nenasadenou Nemko of Bosnian origin Andrea Petkovic release? In their mutual struggle for 74 minutes 4:6, 2:6.
"Súperka played unbelievably today, but I concede the following play. So it was a mistake on my part," self-critically evaluated from Brisbane Daniela Hantuchova and then continued: "Skoda is certainly a great chance, I wanted to play here in the semifinals to Kim Clijsters, but now ... She served very well and played aggressively. Yesterday I played the centers from which it was much slower than it is today one of the outside courts. As if I played another tournament, it was awfully fast. But anyway, I was playing aggressively. "
Slovenka goes further preparatory event in Sydney with 70 points in the computer and check the order of $ 5340. At the Australian Open from 18 January predvlaňajší try to recall its penetration into the semifinals.
"I have three matches in a row - oukej, although it could be better. It is looking ahead. The next tournament in Sydney will be very difficult because they play virtually all the best toys. All these are not really just training matches before the Australian Open in Melbourne," concluded Hantuchova.

@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 12:34 

Local Time:
Thanks so much for the interview. It's always nice to hear her reaction win or lose. So the change of court really screwed Daniela up. Daniela always gets screwed by schedulers. Her match was the only singles quarter-final not on the Pat Rafter arena. Daniela went from court 1 to centre to court 1 whereas petkovic only played on court 1. Even if Daniela had won this match she would then be back on Centre again so it would have been court 1, centre, court 1, centre! I know it's part of the game but at least it serves as a sort of excuse for the scoreline.

Ovbiously Petkovic played well but I can imagine that due to the faster court Daniela's timing was off...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 15:07 

Local Time:
It's seem like a case of the good, the bad and the ugly from Daniela in this tournament. The good being the straight sets demolition of Szavay - whom she had never beaten before. The bad being the up and down three setter against Ivanova, especially so as she was ranked outside the top 100, and now the ugly. This should have been another win and a better start to her year, but reading the interviews I'm not too downhearted. It's certainly a better start than she had last year, and with it being the start of the season, with no form book to look at, she still has got three matches under her belt which will obviously help. Sydney next week will be a completely different story as the entry list - I imagine, I havent actually looked at it yet - will be very strong, lets hope Daniela can get a favourable draw and at least have two matches in preparation for the Australian Open.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 19:11 

Local Time:
Really disappointing result today. I expected a win in straight sets.

I think Daniela will have to take the positive aspects of the tournament. QF in the first tournament of the year isn't too bad, although the SF was really near.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9