Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

blue webmaster
 Post subject: Re: Brisbane International
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 03:21 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 09:26
ok, good night folks (respectively good day), I have to care about the newspapers now. looking forward to my bed.. only 3 hours left until I can get some sleep :D

But it's been a good night so far :)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 03:26 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 19:26
Szavay didn't present much competition but Daniela was completely dominant after the first 2 games of the first set (at one point during the second set the commentator said that Daniela was hitting 3 winners for every error - pretty impressive!) . I'd expect her to make the semi-final here if she can produce the same form in her next match. Looks like a very positive start to the season.

She seems to have a good rapport with Cahill as well, so i'd like to think things are looking up for Daniela this season. My only grievance would have to be her service pace. It doesn't seem to have improved much over the summer. It didn't hurt her chances here though.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 03:26 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 10:26
good night :]

Im glad Daniela won. That worng call really fired her up :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 04:06 

Local Time:
Woah. Very pleased with this result and certainly unexpected. Not unexpected that Daniela would win, but unexpected that Daniela would win with this ease which can only bode well. From what I've read from others Szavay wasn't in terms of competition but I'm not complaining. On to the quarter finals we go.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 07:19 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 03:26
Daniela sounds off on the missed call early in the match
"I didn't play at the ball because the linesman called it out. He was right,'' Hantuchova said. "I couldn't believe it when it was overruled.''

Daniela is right of course and Hawkeye should be worked in as much as possible and certainly on all center courts. I'm still kind of hoping to hear Daniela go off like this one day though.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 10:50 

Local Time:
What a pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning! And Justine is back with her lovely BH as well. 2010 already looking good.

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 12:19 

Local Time:
What a pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning! And Justine is back with her lo

Are there any other Belgian here except me? I prefered when Justine wasn't there xD

Daniela, 100% victories this year! :slovakia:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 12:29 

Local Time:
Really pleased with this result. Daniela played great and I would have liked to have watched the second set too. After the first I thought she would have probably managed another break and won it 6-4, but to win 6-1 with three breaks is impressive. I liked that she was aggresive off the return (although she obviously couldn't be as agressive as she was if she was up against a better server, such as Serena). She made some tough volleys (which makes the doubles so worth while), and her attitude was sound. On this basis she should beat Petkovic in straight sets, although I think Andrea is perhaps playing better than Agnes at the moment. I'm expecting a win at least, so it should be a semi-final with Kim, which would be a great test and a nice reward for three solid wins.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 13:03 

Local Time:
Henin back is the best thing for the rather ill reputation WTA has had lately. I always liked her but now being absolutely aware what a gem of a player was missing in action for 1,5 year I think I have become a "fan".

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 14:45 

Local Time:
Great result today. Although I didn't see a point of the match, it seems like Daniela played another great match. Hope she can hold her form during the next round(s).

QF in the first tournament of the season is great, but a SF would be even better. :D

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 15:39 

Local Time:
Danielas match not streamed tonight, as it is on the other court...

Everything in life happens for a reason

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 15:50 

Local Time:
very sad, so only follow the sb... :(

hellene fan
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 16:08 

Local Time:
great unexpected result.
very good to hear she played well,good chance to reach semis in her first tourne.
daren cahil is daniela's coach now?splited with passos?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2010 17:58 

Local Time:
Frustrated players call for hawk-eye

A furious Hantuchova, the fourth seed, debated at length an overrule call against her in the fourth game, but said the decision had fired her up for a 6-3, 6-1 win over Hungarian Agnes Szavay.Szavay had been up a break of serve at 2-1 when Hantuchova elected not to play a ball called wide of the sideline.

"I didn't play at the ball because the linesman called it out _ he was right,'' Hantuchova said.

"I couldn't believe it when it was overruled.''

Hantuchova after the smooth progress into the quarter-finals made a secret great satisfaction. "I was handed a very good performance and for the first time I managed to get Szávay scalp, which is very unpleasant breeze. Start I had a little slower, however, is still beginning of the season, but gradually I calmed down and playful. Since the mid-third game I was better breeze on the court. I played very smart, well I moved to the villages and I was aggressive. Nepustila I Szávay to the game or the fact that it can exercise its dangerous Backhand, I always pushed it and my tactics glory succeed. In Brisbane is a little slower surface, moreover, was quite humid and muggy, so it was hard to go into that, " Hantuchova told Reuters that anti Nemko Petkovic expects hard match. "I've never played against her, nor I with her netrénovala, but I will give it careful attention, because it was a good year last year and overcome a number of quality toys," said Daniela.
@ google translation.

Hantuchova has had a negative balance against Szávay 0:2, now recorded the first victory over this 21-year-old native of Kiskunhalásu. Possession of three singles titles in Brisbane Hantuchova accompanied by renowned Australian coach Darren Cahill, who previously led the men's world number one Andre Agassi & Lleyton Hewitt, and probably also contributes to the escalating fine. "It's very motivating to have him with you. You realize that last year refused to work with Roger Federer and now here in Brisbane with me. During the next event in Sydney will have an obligation to Darren about his charity tournament, which will play such as John McEnroe, but again we meet in Melbourne, "explained D. Hantuchova.
@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. January 2010 00:38 

Local Time:
Next Opponent...

imageAndrea Petkovic (GER)

WTA Ranking: 55
Birthplace: Tuzla, Bosnia
Height: 5'11"
YTD W/L: 2-0
2009 W/L: 45-24

Head to Head vs Hantuchova: 0-0

First Meeting

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next