Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Brisbane International
PostPosted: 30. December 2009 11:07 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 23:53
there are only 5 days left to start this season. I am curious about Daniela´s form and about everything in her career. I believe in much better season than 2009. ;) Something like 2007 would be great. ;)

Danka a Maria

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. December 2009 13:23 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 22:53
Daniela was training with Kim Clijsters this morning in Brisbane.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. January 2010 15:19 

Local Time:

While definitely one of the characters of the men's tour, Baghdatis teamed up with one of the stalwarts of the women's in Daniela Hantuchova yesterday to play a charity doubles match with Australians Casey Dellacqua, Scott Draper and rising Queensland academy stars, Ashleigh Barty and Travis Boon.

The money raised went to the Kim Walters foundation for research into breast and ovarian cancer. The former wife of Brisbane NRL star Kevin Walters died of breast cancer at the age of 30.

It is hard to believe the svelte Hantuchova is about to embark on her 12th year on the WTA tour at the age of 26. She is ranked No 24 and for the past six years has not been outside the top 30. But she has set a goal for 2010 to get back inside the top 10, where she finished in 2007.

Helping her in that quest is former Andre Agassi and Lleyton Hewitt coach, Darren Cahill.

And it's not just her serve and return, renowned Cahill traits, she has been concentrating on.

"I've been working on everything with him. He's been fantastic and what a privilege to be able to work with him on the court," Hantuchova said yesterday.

"I can't say enough how thankful I am for that opportunity. There's so many things he can add to my game and his experiences are just fantastic.

"I'm really enjoying every day practising with him."

As fourth seed, Hantuchova fell in the first round in Brisbane last year, the second round in Sydney and the third in Melbourne.

"We'll see what happens this year," she said.

"My preparation's been great. I've worked really hard and I'm injury free. I'm a completely different player. I really know what I want to do on the court and I'm really going for it."

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. January 2010 19:36 

Local Time:
Well I think we can look forward to a very exciting year on both the ATP and WTA Tours. Straight off in week 1 the top players are in action, and I think the week in Brisbane should be particularly interesting.

Daniela has had a decent break and should be fully prepared for the 2010 season. The above comments from her are certainly positive and it seems like she has had a productive off-season, which should help her produce some good results.

In saying that, all of the players will have been training hard and I think some of women present in Brisbane will feel as though they have a point to prove and could consequently be very competitive (Henin, Ivanovic, Dellacqua, Molik). Although I am confident that Daniela could be pitted against the majority of the players in this field and could win, if she is unlucky in the draw and gets a meeting with the likes of Dellacqua (who I think could be a relative threat this week), Safarova or even Henin (how I hope this doesn't happen!), she could definately struggle and a first-round exit would not then be much of a surprise.
Chances are she will get an ok draw, and I think we can then expect a decent quarter-final result. Beyond that seems unlikely since I'm expecting Clijsters, Ivanovic and perhaps Henin to go deep into the tournament and be competitive throughout.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 05:09 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 16:53
Good draw to start the year with:

[1] Clijsters vs. Garbin
Molik vs. Makarova
Safarova vs. Groenefeld
Q vs. [6] Wozniak

[4] Hantuchova vs. Q
Peng vs. Szavay
Bammer vs. King
Petkovic vs. [8] Benesova

[5] Kleybanova vs. Pavlyuchenkova
Errani vs. Vinci
Bacsinszky vs. Q
Dokic vs. [3] Ivanovic

[7] Czink vs. Hradecka
Govortsova vs. Zahalvova Strycova
Dellacqua vs. Q
Henin vs. [2] Petrova

Tough break for Nadia. :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 12:22 

Local Time:
Seeded fourth with a decent draw certainly makes even a semi-final spot possible, but first Daniela has to overcome a qualifier (who will by then have three matches under her belt), Peng or Szavay (who could both be trouble for Daniela), and then the lowest seed or a relatively mediocre player. Its definately possible but at the start of the year its difficult to know what will happen.

On a different note, it looks as though Petrova is once again going to be unlucky with draws. She was drawn against Sharapova three times during the middle-part of last year, and now she gets Henin in the first tournament of 2010. At least Daniela has been a little luckier than this with draws.

Potential upsets:
Henin[WC] d. Petrova[2]
Dokic d. Ivanovic[3]

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 13:37 

Local Time:
Well the draw is not too bad, altough you never know with Danka. A qualifier has already won some matches and she was in trouble against Szavay and Bammer in the past. Peng, King and Benesova shouldn't be big threats. If she plays well, she'll reach the SF which would be awesome (especially against Kimmy).

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 14:37 

Local Time:
Really looking forward to the first match in 2010.

New season and nobody knows what will happen, but the draw looks good.
Keep fingers crossed. ;)

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 14:43 

Local Time:
It's a pretty good draw and Daniela should be able to go on a good run here. The qualifier will have some matches under her belt and could be tricky but Daniela should win easily enough and she should be able to beat the other players in her quarter. I always go by the mantra of one match at a time and Daniela could have an off-day or face an inspired opponent but I feel confident she'll do well here. She can pick up a lot of confidence and momentum from this tournament for the Australian Open.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 14:45 

Local Time:
Draw is good! It would be nice to get some good points here to consolidate on the top 24 ranking. But that means Daniela needs to reach the semis for points to count to her ranking.( i think?) On the face of it, Daniela should get there but that 2nd round match up is a potential banana-skin. Both Peng and Szavay are capable of beating Daniela if they play well, but as poeple say it's a new season, Daniela's fresh and rearing to go!

2r Clijsters vs Molik is an interesting 2nd round prospect should they both get there....

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 15:06 

Local Time:
The thing about the draw is that it was Petrova that did it:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 19:05 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 18:53
Nice enough draw for Daniela... Hope she really steps up.

ps: OMG poor Nadia, she is so unlucky :oops:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 19:43 

Local Time:
Will there be any streams for that ? Any info about schedule of play?

Im so happy, hope Dani will succeed!

edit: Ive just found out Dani will be playing on Monday

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 20:48 

Local Time:
Nothing I can really say about the draw that hasnt already been said. As I've mentioned before, you never know which Daniela is going to turn up in the opening tournaments of the season, but with a qualifier in the first round it makes it a little bit easier, but still tricky considering it will be Daniela's first competitive match, and her opponents fourth, but still one that Daniela should get through. One match at a time, that's something that will not change from season to season. Lets hope for a good start to 2010.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 2. January 2010 23:42 

Local Time:
The thing about the draw is that it was Petrova that did it
:lol:
i wonder if that was the moment she realized how tricky her first round is gonna be..

huuuuuuuu, I'm so exited to see Dani and Henin playing again :banana:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next