Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BGL Luxembourg Open
PostPosted: 23. October 2009 20:39 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 00:10
Normally when Daniela does better than Clijsters in a tournament I'm delighted, but this is an exception.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. October 2009 21:14 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 20:10
Any word on her coaching situation? Is she back with Sanchez-Casal? I thought she liked Larri as her coach...

hellene fan
PostPosted: 23. October 2009 22:36 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 01:10
big failure

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. October 2009 01:07 

Local Time:
Agreed. Massive disappointment to potentially end the season on. This season has been very much up and down with very few highs but coming off the back of a serious injury with her ranking not helping her out in draws it was probably expected. Hope she can iron out the creases over the winter and make a strong start to 2010.

Scott.

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 24. October 2009 04:56 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 10:10
Yeesh. How disappointing. I think we'll just have to add this to the pile of disappointing loses this season. I think Daniela's end of season ranking really reflects how well she has played. She doesn't really deserve to be inside the top 20. She had so many chances this season to really run deep in a couple of tournaments and she didn't take any of them. Hopefully she'll rest and reflect and come back stronger in 2010. She's basically starting from the same position as she was at the start of this year, but at least she won't feel the pressure of defending a massive amount of points at the Aus Open. But at the same time she had the luxury of having barely any points to defend for the majority of this season and it didn't really seem to help her.

Oh well. Bad luck Daniela. Rest up and return to some 2007/early 2008 form :P

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. October 2009 09:58 

Local Time:
I don't agree with you. She played very well this match. Ok not at the beggining 0-4 but after that it was good. She hit 5 or 6 times the ball without making the fault with her high risked game. Peer was simply amazing yesterday.

For the rest, it's okay :x the whole season was very disappointing. She will do better next year :D

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 24. October 2009 16:55 

Local Time:
She played very well this match. Ok not at the beggining 0-4 but after that it was good.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you Pyro. Although I just saw the second set. I was really disappointed by her performance. There were only few good balls IMO.
The rest have been just too many UEs.
Although I have to admitt that Daniela sometimes played some good shots, but in the end she couldn't finish the point. The best example is the smash in the second set that went out.

But I'm optimistic, like every year, that Daniela will do good work in the off-season and will start better into 2010.

At least every season starts in Australia, where Daniela normally has good results.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. October 2009 18:41 

Local Time:
"Shahar certainly played much better than I can bear in mind it. I have long seen it, but those of its results, which stood in the autumn, many suggest. Even today, has done very solid and I certainly did not play as yesterday or the day before yesterday. If I repeated the exercise on the opening lap, I think it would be clear again in my favor. ... Did I damage started, but then I caught the end enough. Gradually I was becoming a better and almost like the game approached, but ultimately it was too late. The tie-break was decided a few balls, "said Daniela Hantuchova for SITA and added an explanation of his absence coach: Larry Passos this week could not, represent him coach of Spain Eduardo Nicolas, with whom I once traveled and was with me even two years ago in triumph in Indian Wells and Linz. "

Winner of free cards to communicate in Bali early next week, as the SITA confirmed tournament director Kevin Livesey. Hantuchova, regardless of whether they finally march, nezberá in the coming weeks to train with Justine Henin, as was communicated to De Standaard Belgičankin Argentine coach Carlos Rodriguez: "I learned it through the media. I am absolutely with nehovorila and not in contact. I am therefore quite surprised that it held for me. It is true that, get used to train in the same place in Orlando. I assume therefore that he is mentioned in general terms as one of the options for the winter, and it is poorly understood. The only thing I Now that the period after the Bali mind is relaxing. Finally, I am waiting for vacation, certainly not training. "

@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. October 2009 19:16 

Local Time:
Peer gave Lisicki a really tough match and only lost in a third set tiebreak so she's been in decent form this week while Bacsinszky beat Wickmayer so there were just a lot of upsets this week.

I wouldn't say that Daniela's lost to a really bad player this year. The only times she lost to someone outside the top 100, Dulgheru and Date Krumm won the tournament while pretty much everyone else that beat her is currently in the top 20 or was ranked there at the time and almost everyone was in good form at the time. At the same time, she hasn't had too many good wins with her only top 10 win being against Zvonereva in Cincinnati. A recent tournament that got away was Tokyo as she was up a break in the third set against Radwanska and had the momentum but let it slip and that was a great chance to go on a run as I'm sure she'd have beaten Petkovic and Rybarikova. Daniela was also desperately unlucky against Petrova the next week in Beijing with that net cord going against her at deuce at 5-5 in the third. If she'd won those matches and she should have, then I'm sure Daniela would be in the top 20. Also, it would have given her so much confidence.

Daniela's usually beaten who she should beat but she's not had many wins against top players either. She started the year ranked in the low 20s and she's finishing it in the low 20s. Hopefully, she has a good off season and is ready to go for a good 2010.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. October 2009 01:03 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 20:10
"Shahar certainly played much better than I can bear in mind it. I have long seen it, but those of its results, which stood in the autumn, many suggest. Even today, has done very solid and I certainly did not play as yesterday or the day before yesterday. If I repeated the exercise on the opening lap, I think it would be clear again in my favor. ... Did I damage started, but then I caught the end enough. Gradually I was becoming a better and almost like the game approached, but ultimately it was too late. The tie-break was decided a few balls, "said Daniela Hantuchova for SITA and added an explanation of his absence coach: Larry Passos this week could not, represent him coach of Spain Eduardo Nicolas, with whom I once traveled and was with me even two years ago in triumph in Indian Wells and Linz. "

Winner of free cards to communicate in Bali early next week, as the SITA confirmed tournament director Kevin Livesey. Hantuchova, regardless of whether they finally march, nezberá in the coming weeks to train with Justine Henin, as was communicated to De Standaard Belgičankin Argentine coach Carlos Rodriguez: "I learned it through the media. I am absolutely with nehovorila and not in contact. I am therefore quite surprised that it held for me. It is true that, get used to train in the same place in Orlando. I assume therefore that he is mentioned in general terms as one of the options for the winter, and it is poorly understood. The only thing I Now that the period after the Bali mind is relaxing. Finally, I am waiting for vacation, certainly not training. "

@ google translation.

So, she is still with Larri and has been given a wildcard to Bali... And what about Carlos Rodríguez? Didnt catch that part.

Thanks for the info :)

Site Admin
PostPosted: 25. October 2009 09:20 

Local Time:
I must admit I don't understand why they want to give her a WC to Bali. She hasn't played many international events, not been close to winning one.
In this thread in GM:

there is a table of who is going and who is not. The OP has only included players who have won an international tournament, and e.g. Rybarikova hasn't qualified, she's 20 points short. IMO she deserves a WC. The only argument I can make for giving Danka a WC is her being one of the marquee players of 2009.

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 25. October 2009 12:09 

Local Time:
"Slovakian tennis player Daniel Hantuchova offered organizers of the November tournament champions on the Indonesian island of Bali, a free card. Zverenka Brazilian coach Larriho Passos weight but whether it will use, after a long and difficult season would in fact have little Council leisure. Hantuchova has two days of reflection. "I have to decide by Monday whether or not to accept it. For I have great memories of Bali, two years ago, I was there in the finals, the semifinals last year. There is a beautiful environment, but the season was a very very long and personally I would prefer to play the real Masters in Doha. Indonesia is also very far away and I begin to think to leave. We'll see how to finally decide, does not know. It's 50:50, "said Hantuchova after losing 2: 6, 6:7 (4) with Israeli Shahar Pe'er in the WTA tournament quarter-finals in Luxembourg. "

"Hantuchova evaluate the entire season as a solid and well in 2010, wants to continue cooperation with the Brazilian coach Passos. "I reached a number of good results, some could be even better. It is to forget and no longer need to concentrate on next season because of a moment here there in January is a lot of things from which I take lessons.'s passed all too quickly. The level is quite different from today's tennis as a few years ago, physically and mentally it's extremely difficult and toys that are already at the end of the season really full teeth. That is why the húfne tend to withdraw from the tournament, we have also been svedkami'naposledy in Moscow. With coach Passos, we agreed to co-operation by the end of the season, but I believe we agree on the extension. I would like to continue coach under his leadership, "zakončila Hantuchova, which this year's singles semifinals at the maximum clay tournament in Warsaw. "

from

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. October 2009 18:06 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 18:10
Yes, it's a lot of travel and it's a long season. But she definitely should accept the wild card. There's a great opportunity for points (and money) here; far more than the quality of the field suggests.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 27. October 2009 13:01 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 10:10
Peer gave Lisicki a really tough match and only lost in a third set tiebreak so she's been in decent form this week while Bacsinszky beat Wickmayer so there were just a lot of upsets this week.

I wouldn't say that Daniela's lost to a really bad player this year. The only times she lost to someone outside the top 100, Dulgheru and Date Krumm won the tournament while pretty much everyone else that beat her is currently in the top 20 or was ranked there at the time and almost everyone was in good form at the time. At the same time, she hasn't had too many good wins with her only top 10 win being against Zvonereva in Cincinnati. A recent tournament that got away was Tokyo as she was up a break in the third set against Radwanska and had the momentum but let it slip and that was a great chance to go on a run as I'm sure she'd have beaten Petkovic and Rybarikova. Daniela was also desperately unlucky against Petrova the next week in Beijing with that net cord going against her at deuce at 5-5 in the third. If she'd won those matches and she should have, then I'm sure Daniela would be in the top 20. Also, it would have given her so much confidence.

Daniela's usually beaten who she should beat but she's not had many wins against top players either. She started the year ranked in the low 20s and she's finishing it in the low 20s. Hopefully, she has a good off season and is ready to go for a good 2010.

Yes. I think overall it was a season of "almosts" for Daniela. Some of the loses to Cornet earlier on, the loss to Razzano in Dubai and being oh so close to defending her points at IW really summarise her season. She was so close to getting her groove back a couple of times this season, but something always stopped her. However, i still find it hard to stomach her loses to Date Krumm and Dulgheru - she had the momentum both times in those matches and let it slip dramatically. While Del and Krumm obviosuly maintained their good form i got the impression that it was Daniela's lack of consistency that ultimately lost her those matches.

I'm looking forward to a solid season in 2010. Daniela doesn't have a stack of points to defend at some of her favourite tournaments, like the Australian Open and IW, so if she can theoretically make a good start to the season it might bode well for the remainder. But then again, it's Daniela, so who knows. Hopefully she'll concentrate a little less on doubles and make a really good crack of qualifying for the YEC.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. October 2009 16:15 

Local Time:
This whole season was a terrible fail. In 2008 Daniela was bedeviled by injury and illness,but no such excuses are available this season. In terms of serving,backhand,footwork and on court temperament she has simply regressed terribly. Plus,she is having a laugh if she thinks the standard today is anywhere near that of 2007 when she did so well. This has been an atrocious season of women's tennis.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next