Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Toray Pan Pacific Open,Tokyo
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 15:13 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 20:58
3-2 to radwanska.
daniela please hold !

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 15:20 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 17:58
She breaks to love... :lol: 3-4 hold now!
from having 2 game points to broken 3-5. Agnieska serving for the match
Well, there it goes... inconsistent as always... :roll:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 15:32 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 07:58
I got here in just enough time to see Daniela lose the match. Damn! Real opportunity on her side of the draw. But then again we know Daniela is all about not capitalising on opportunities.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 15:33 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 17:58
Are they still in for doubles?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 15:36 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 22:58
Yay, and the 3-setters queen is gone. Close match, but Daniela has been hopeless in saving and converting breakpoints lately.
Coming to the net, good angles, but to no avail. Wasted chance as the draw was relatively kind with most of the top seeds gone.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 15:41 

Local Time:
Many things I could say,but I'll leave it with the question Larri posed Daniela during the coaching break.

"Daniela,why are you fighting yourself so much?"

I've been asking that question for 6 years now. And 51 UE isn't going to cut it at this level. No wonder Larri looks so old these days.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 15:45 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 07:58
Many things I could say,but I'll leave it with the question Larri posed Daniela during the coaching break.

"Daniela,why are you fighting yourself so much?"

I've been asking that question for 6 years now. And 51 UE isn't going to cut it at this level. No wonder Larri looks so old these days.

It's a wonder she managed to be competitive with statistics like that.

Bah! Her serving statistics are abysmal. They're worse than Radwanska's and she's got one of the worst serves in the top 20 (if not the worst). If Daniela could only turn her serve into a strength again, like it was at the start of her career. She'd be able to clinch out these close affairs. So frustrating.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 16:10 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 21:58
I can only say how frustrating and disappointing this is. Credit to Radwanska because she played well and made some nice shots, but Daniela's best play was much better than Radwanska's but it was Daniela's inconsistency that decided the match. Radwanska won pretty much all of the crucial points, she won every BP she had while Daniela only won 6/14. If she'd won a few more and been able to save even just a couple of the BPs she faced then Daniela would have won. Would have, could have, should have, it has to be so frustrating for Daniela.
She hit some beautiful winners but she also made a lot of errors and on quite a few of them she tried to force low percentage shots that had too acute an angle or was too close to the line and she could have won the point from the shot just by giving herself more margin of error.

She had five BPs early in the first set and while Radwanska saved a couple with some quality play at the net and Radwanska's volleying was good throughout and her net approaches frustrated Daniela while Daniela missed quite a few shots at the net.

This is one that got away as it was a winnable match and the draw was pretty open afterwards. Daniela was up a break at the start of the third and had all the momentum but she had a bad service game and she didn't get too many first serves in in the third set, plus she made some errors. She dropped serve from 40-15 at 4-3 in the third when she had momentum. Her serving stats weren't good in the third set at all.

Still, there's still the doubles and hopefully Daniela gives Ai a good send off.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 16:23 

Local Time:
:wall: :wall:
incosistency,serve and bp convertion betrayed her

banned
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 17:31 

Local Time:
This is the story of Daniela's career up until now, and after 10 years on the tour, it's not going to change anymore. She went from Nigel Sears to the Sanchez academy, and it didn't help, and now Larry is not helping her either. Her mental and emotional problems run too deep, and she seems to be a VERY slow learner when it comes to tennis. She keeps making the same mistakes time and time again. I just wish she would start playing the way she did in 2002 again. There is a video on Youtube of the her match against Justine Henin at Indian Wells in 2002. It's amazing, she's hitting as hard as Davenport, serving as big as Sharapova used to. I don't understand why she's taken so much pace of her shots and her serve. She gone from being a power-player to being a......well, I woudn't know how to classify her anymore, and she doesn't seem to know herself either.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 19:30 

Local Time:
This is the story of Daniela's career up until now, and after 10 years on the tour, it's not going to change anymore. She went from Nigel Sears to the Sanchez academy, and it didn't help, and now Larry is not helping her either.I'd disagree with you there. Going to the Sanchez-Casal Academy clearly helped Daniela,and it helped her in the areas that were so glaringly weak today,namely movement,footwork and cutting out the needless UE that have blighted her career. I'm sorry to harp on about this,but I'm still incredulous that she could turn her back on the organisation that turned her career around and got her winning titles again and pushed her back into the top 10. She claims that Angel's tactics were obsolete,but I'd much rather she played that way than play with no tactics at all,which has happened far too often this season.

Anyway,I think it is time I relented from using this forum. All I have these days is vitriolic criticism,and I get far too overwrought watching Daniela. I used to have a blast watching Daniela,win or lose,and now i just feel wretched watching her matches. Even though she played some great tennis today,all I was thinking was "You're still going to f**k this up,aren't you?"(sadly I was right). I feel less like a fan,more like an embittered critic always ready to stick the boot in. I should leave this forum to those who are a little more optimistic about Daniela than I am. Hopefully I can feel positive about Daniela at some point in the future,and enjoy being a fan agian.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 29. September 2009 20:54 

Local Time:
Didn't see the match and so I can't say anything about the performance itselfe, but when looking at the draw now, it is another missed opportunity to make a good run.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. September 2009 16:42 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 21:58
Order of Play Thursday, October 1, 2009

Center (from 10.30hrs)
1. Stosur/Stubbs vs. Kleybanova/Schiavone (tbc)
2. Jelena Jankovic vs. Marion Bartoli (NB 11.00hrs)
3. Hantuchova/Sugiyama vs. Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual
4. Iveta Benesova vs. Maria Sharapova (NB 14.30hrs)
5. Victoria Azarenka vs. Li Na (NB 17.00hrs)
6. Magdalena Rybarikova vs. Agnieszka Radwanska

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. October 2009 06:29 

Local Time:
Hantuyama won the first set 7-6, after 5-4 up and 40-40,then 5-6 down :D

nice words from ai's mom after the set break

ai holds serve, 2-1 now :)

couldn't realize the break,2-2

daniela serves, 15-40 , 40-40 break :(

after 2-4, ai keep it up to 3-4

mhh 3-5, hope daniela can hold her service game now, come on!!

oh no!! after 40-40 daniela makes the fault... so they lost the second set 3-6 :cry: now champions tb...

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. October 2009 07:13 

Local Time:
0-1, 1-1, wonderful ball from daniela 2-1 , 2-2 , again great ball from dani 3-2 , 4-2 :) 4-3 , wow good volley from daniela 5-3

5-4 , 6-4 , 6-5 , yes great drop volley from ai 7-5 :) 7-6 , 8-6 OMG what a cance to take the point from dani 8-7

but great ball from ai to 9-7 and again to 10-7 GAME SET MATCH Hantuyama :D :D 8-)

ai and daniela looks so happy and glad, also Medina Garrigues and ruano pascual were laughing,hug ai and they seem to be glad for her :)

great match of them :mrgreen: congrats

Last edited by Patti1989 on 1. October 2009 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next