Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Hansol Korea Open, Seoul
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 07:55 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 20:47
Yeesh. Lost the second set. Sigh.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:06 

Local Time:
Daniela lost the second set, having a break point while Morita was serving for the set... oh, danka... really, a 3 setter against Morita?

That's exactly what i was thinking... -_-""

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:08 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:47
3RD SET
Daniela:15-0, 30-0, 40-0, 40-15, Game Hantuchova, 1-0 Daniela won all of her 1st serves and closed out with her #3 ace. BTW, the stadium is almost empty
Morita:15-0, 15-15, 30-15, 40-15, Game Morita, 1-1 The game in this set is getting better. Less errors, more winners and more agressive points on both side
Daniela:0-15, 0-30, 15-30, 30-30, 40-30, Game Hantuchova, 2-1 This now looks like a Daniela game. Daniela is making the winners and the errors but she looks better now, making some fine winners
Morita:0-15, 15-15, 15-30, 15-40, 30-40, Deuce, Adv, Deuce, BP, [Game Hantuchova, 3-1[/b] Some silly errors from Daniela but she can manage to break anyway
Daniela: Ace#4 15-0, 30-0, Ace#5 40-0, Game Hantuchova, 4-1 4 great serves that what Daniela did. She didn't get to play any 2nd ball in this service game. Daniela is now with 73% of 1st serves and winning all of them.
Morita:0-15, 15-15, 15-30, DF#4 15-40, Game Hantuchova, 5-1 [i]Morita was in this game an error machine . she was sooo out of focus on this game

Daniela:0-15, ACE#6 15-15, 15-30, 15-40, Game Morita, 5-2 Morita played really well in this game hitting 3 winners. Daniela discussed with the refreree once again and lost a little her concentration
Morita:0-15, 0-30, 15-30(Daniela discussing the call again), 15-40MP, 30-40MP#2(again discussing the call), Deuce, Adv, Deuce, MP#3, GAME , SET AND MATCH DANIELA HANTUCHOVA 6-4, 4-6, 6-2

To win the 1st round in 2h12 against a player ranked 69 in the world isn't a great sign but we all know how Daniela plays. Lari Passos was outside the lockers and hugged her and laughed.
Daniela played a little better in the 3rd set but the overall performance was quite bad. She wasn't agressive, she made a lot of errors and in the 2nd set her serve was unexistent. She also have to take her chances on BP (7/23 today) because not all players are like Morita.

Last edited by ArturJFC on 23. September 2009 08:32, edited 3 times in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:14 

Local Time:
Looks like Daniela is finally taking charge of the match.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:16 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:47
Seems to be playing now... 4-1
Ok, going for the breadstick to make it look not as bad....

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:22 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:47
broken when serving for the match :roll:
FANALLY... Glad she won, but should not have been this hard...
Make it easier for round 2, danka :)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:29 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:47
Won 6-4 4-6 6-2 :)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:34 

Local Time:
Just to inform that 8th seeded Bammer lost to Rybarikova 6-1 , 7-5 and 6th seed Pavlyuchenkova lost to Chan 2-6, 6-4, 6-1 both on the 2nd round

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:34 

Local Time:
Convincing enough win in the end. Dropping serve whilst serving for it though. Bleh.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:35 

Local Time:
Daniela,you're not in America anymore. Can we please stop with the unnecessary 3-setters? :roll:

Hopefully she's just getting rid of some court rustiness and/or jet-lag,because if she plays like that against Kleybanova,she's going to get turned into mincemeat. :|

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 08:50 

Local Time:
Daniela's next opponent is Chanelle Scheepers . She's 25 years old and she's ranked 139 at the moment .. She's 34-19 this year but she lost to Cibulkova 6-0 6-0 at AusOpen , and last week lost 6-3 6-2 to Peng Shuai . They've never played before, so lets hope that Daniela don't go to a 3 setter again .
And finally I'm off to bed because it's almost 9AM here and only now I'm going to sleep .

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 13:09 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:47
It's a win and Daniela's into the next round but she should have won more easily than she did. It seems she never got going until the third set and until then she played to the level of the opponent and didn't impose herself on the match.

Thanks for the live report, Artur.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 14:24 

Local Time:
Thursday

Center Court Starting at 11:00 am

1. DATE KRUMM, Kimiko JPN vs (5) KLEYBANOVA, Alisa RUS
2. (3) SCHIAVONE, Francesca ITA vs KIRILENKO, Maria RUS
3. (1) HANTUCHOVA, Daniela SVK vs SCHEEPERS, Chanelle RSA
4. SEVASTOVA, Anastasija LAT vs (7) DUSHEVINA, Vera RUS
5. Petkovic/Rybarikova vs Chuang/Yan

hellene fan
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 14:39 

Local Time:
thanks artur for the report.
link to watch tommorow the match?

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Hansol Korea Open, Seoul
PostPosted: 23. September 2009 14:52 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:47
Danielas interview after 1st round

Q. Today, your return game was better than your service game, and it was tougher than we expected. Why do you think that was, and what are your thoughts about your opponent?

A. Well, I for sure didn’t expect an easy match. I know her, I played her twice before, so I, you know, especially the first rounds in a tournament are always tough. I felt like I was returning well, but in the third set, when I needed to, I felt like my serve was really working well. And I had a couple of really big ones, so I was really pleased with it.

Q. What do you think were the strengths of your opponent, Morita?

A. Well, I know she hits the ball very well from both sides. And, you know, for a little girl, hits very powerful. And she also moves (inaudible). I think she just needs a little more experience and she’ll be a good player.

Q. What are your impressions on your first visit to Korea?

A. Oh, it’s great so far. I mean, I’m really enjoying it. Like I said, for me, it’s a very special place, because this is where Mecir won the Olympics in ’88, and so I was really looking forward to come here. And I have to say, you know, the people are very warm, very welcome, the hotel is great, the courts are perfect, so I’m really enjoying it.

Q. What was it about the line calls today?

A. It was not the line call, it was the umpire. No, but for some reason, she was so strange, because she told me that I have to be careful with my coach, for coaching. But I hardly ever look on my coach, and he never, ever does anything. I mean, he coached number one in the world, so he would never, I swear... I like, I mean, during the matches I hardly really look at him. And she told me to be careful, that she’s going to give me a warning. But it was really like... And you know, things like this can really... Then I start to think, I was scared to look at him because I though she... I mean, she was really, for no reason. You know, sometimes it’s... I don’t like it when they interfere a match like this. I was really focused, and then... It was strange. I don’t know why she did it. I think it’s unfair, though.

Q. We’ve been reading your blog on the WTA website. So you said you were going to go shopping.

A. Yes, I hope.

Q. What sort of items are you looking forward to shopping?

A. Well, oh, anything. I always like to treat myself sometimes, when I’m in a tournament. Especially, I want to buy something that will remember me Seoul. And you know, they’ve got great bags, great shoes, and more stuff already, you know, because it’s getting colder in Europe, so hopefully some sweaters and jeans and stuff. But I already saw two really nice places in Louis Vuitton, and one in Chanel, so I have to decide. (laughter)

Q. So from this season, on-court coaching is allowed in the tour tournaments. In those situations, what kinds of advice do they give you, and how does it help?

A. It’s been already last year also. So I already had experience with it. I think it’s good, because sometimes you don’t see the things on the court, and what’s going on in the match because you are so much involved. It’s nice to see somebody, to hear somebody from outside the court, because they have better perspective what’s happening. Sometimes maybe you, I don’t know, you’re missing one shot and you don’t know what you’re doing really wrong. So I think in these kinds of things it really helps. And I think it’s good, because like this, that’s what it’s supposed to be for. Like this, players wouldn’t cheat on the side of the court and listening to their coaches during the games. This is what it’s for. There’s the opportunity to have them come on the court and actually coach them during the changeover.

Q. The Slovakian ambassador came to the match and you talked to the ambassador. What did you talk about and how did it help?

A. Yeah, it was very nice, very kind of him that he came. I really appreciated it. It was nice to have Slovak support in Seoul, I would never expect that, so he was very nice. They said they might come also tomorrow. He already came to see me already, I think in French Open, so he likes tennis. It was definitely nice to have somebody like that watching.

Q. What are your goals for this tournament as the top seed?

A. Just trying to improve with every match. Obviously, there are some things I could do better, tomorrow. But you know, just taking it one match at a time, giving my best, and we’ll see.

Q. You’re taking part in the Adidas player improvement programme. What are some good things about it?

A. Well, I haven’t really used it yet. (laughter) Hopefully, after this season, I’ll get the time, because I just signed during New York, so... I’ll obviously have a chance to talk to the guys, and I mean, it’s quite incredible to have somebody like, you know, Darren Cahill, or Gil and Sven and people like this behind you. But I mean, I’ve still got my coach Larri, so he’s the main person, but it’s nice that I’ll be able to also use some knowledge of them.

Q. What are your opinions on grunting in women’s tennis?

A. Oh, I don’t know. I don’t want to comment on that. (laughter) I don’t do it, so I don’t care. Sometimes, it’s unfair.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next