Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, New York
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 02:15 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 21:46
Sweet point for 40-0! And she wins!
Wacky scoreline and some erratic play but we'll take it.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 02:15 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 03:46
PERFECTLY SERVED OUT THE MATCH!!!

Daniela wins 6-2 4-6 6-1 :slovakia:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 02:18 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 23:46
Well, she got the job done... that second set shouldnt have existed.
Please give it up with the breakdowns danka!

Good luck in the second round! :)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 02:19 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 04:46

The american commentator on atdhe is getting on my nerves...

He called it an "ugly victory"...
Anyway, a win is a win, i hope Daniela will improve her level v Bacsinzsky.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 02:31 

Local Time:
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

God, that was tense but Daniela came through and won easily enough in the end, well from 4-0 up in the third.

Daniela was playing so well in the first set and the start of the second then she got a little sloppy in the third game of the second, plus Shaughnessy had a bit of luck as two of her returns drifted onto the line so she basically started the point over and earlier these returns had been going long. A couple of hawkeye overrules of points she'd won didn't help matters too much. Then Shaughnessy started blasting aces, she had three in a row mid way through the second, and cut out the errors she'd been making while Daniela started making errors and her level went down while Shaughnessy was playing a lot better.

The first few games of the third were crucial and the match was tense. Daniela saved a bp in the first game then broke on her fourth bp in the next game - she had a great return of serve winner at deuce to set it up. She held serve then had a deja vue break in the fourth game going from 0-40 to deuce then breaking on the fourth bp. Getting that double break was absolutely crucial as it gave her a nice cushion so she could relax and go for her shots a bit more in the last few games and her groundstrokes were a lot smoother while her last two service games were fairly routine. Serving it out to love is always nice. Daniela battled through and she can take a bit of confidence from how she closed the match out.

This is Daniela's best US Open run for three years.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 02:35 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 21:46
Dushevina just took the first set from Venus 7-6 (7-5). Fun match, particularly if you don't have a rooting interest.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 02:36 

Local Time:
I just got this on the US Open website:
Picture 6.png

Did Daniela playing in adidas confuse them or something?Picture 7.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 03:14 

Local Time:
Thank God for that! :roll:

Sooner or later these mental walkabouts are going to cost Daniela dearly.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 03:41 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 23:46

The american commentator on atdhe is getting on my nerves...

He called it an "ugly victory"...
Anyway, a win is a win, i hope Daniela will improve her level v Bacsinzsky.

Did he really? Dunno how it was ugly, since danka's game was the deciding factor. The woman kept pressing that daniela was the better player and that shouldve have won easily, but he wasnt having any of that... I know Megan is American, but that man kept saying: great, wonderful, to every point she won...

Oh well, glad things were easier in the 3rd.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 04:12 

Local Time:
Eurosport France did not show the match. They only began the broadcasting at 08.30 pm GMT. :evil: And instead of showing the match, they prefered show us matches that had already finished : Bartoli and Clijsters ! After that, we could see one game of Daniela's match before Venus's match.

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 10:03 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 13:46
These second set capitulations are really becoming concerning, but i guess, as always, the important thing is that she won. I was watching the score board at work at the time, so i couldn't see any live feeds but it seemed like she just started making errors all of a sudden. Argh. I guess know one will ever understand what's going on in Daniela's brain but i really wish she could maintain her concentration. The victory was easy enough in the end, but within saying that she could easily have been broken in the first game of the 3rd set, which totally could have changed the dynamic of the match.

Daniela has got such an opportunity to make some major points at the US Open. Here's to hoping she takes full advantage.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 11:16 

Local Time:
I'll start this comment with a comment on her outfit which was mentioned earlier in the thread, Im not overly bothered whether she wears Nike or Adidas, in fact I'm a very big fan of adidas and own a few items of their mens clothing range, but personally I quite like the blue under-dress that she's wearing, though not so sure about the lighter top that she's wearing.

Anyway, it's another three setter but its another win so cant complain too much considering what has happened in the prior two years here. The second round match against Bacsinszky will be another tricky match but one that Daniela can and should be winning, and hopefully that will be the case.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 15:59 

Local Time:
good win
thanks martin for your advice how to log in again

Site Admin
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 17:58 

Local Time:
it seemed like she just started making errors all of a sudden.Chungwit described it very well, it was a combination of Daniela making some needless errors (nothing drastic and not that many though) and Shaughnessy playing better (she was really bad in the 1st set). At 3-5 Daniela did well to overcome 15-40 deficit on her serve to force Shaughnessy serve for the 2nd set. Daniela even had a BP to level it to 5-5 but netted an easy backhand cross from the middle of court which should have been a winner or at least should have forced an error, Daniela was a bit late there and let the ball drop way too below the net. That's where Eurosport coverage of this match stopped and I went to bed. I was fairly confident that Daniela would take it in 3 as Shaughnessy was very unlikely to play as well as she did in the 2nd set and Daniela was likely to raise her own level again, especially when she started the set on serve. After the horrorshow against Pennetta I was glad to see Daniela playing better.

@danielitsa - anytime

Site Admin
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 18:19 

Local Time:
Unonumero found this on facebook:

Good morning all and what a lovely pre-fall day! I'll start off my first entry by saying how much I adore New York. I'm thinking of living and studying here when I'm done with tennis. The city has so much to offer! And this time of year, being here and playing in the Open is amazing.

Well, I am through to the 2nd Round after winning my first match yesterday. I had a feeling yesterday that things would turn out nicely for me. I woke up at 8am, had a light bf of juice and a banana and went for a relaxing walk with my brother who arrived from Bratislava two days ago (so he's a little jet lagged!). We are staying at our dearest friend's Jim and Jennifer's duplex on Madison Avenue on the Upper East Side, so Central Park is only a few mins away. I love the Park and going for walks to unwind and people watch. My trainer Pat Etcheberry (he is the BEST!) was waiting for me when we returned, ready to start our morning workout session. Then my brother, his girlfriend Lucia, Pat and coach Larri Passos and I had a BIG food coma-level lunch, since I was scheduled to play not before 6pm. I got my equipment together, my racquets freshly strung and stenciled, my apparel and everything packed in my Prince Pro Team bag and got on the practice courts at 4pm. Had to wait a little bit - about another hour before my match, I had some more pasta. Gotta keep my energy levels up!

It felt awesome to play in front of such energetic and enthusiastic NY fans on Louis Armstrong - there is nothing like it! I started off well... firing away in the first set. I struggled a little bit through the second but finished strongly wining five straight games in the 3rd! It was past 11pm by time I got back to my temp home. Had a quick dinner (more food!) and relaxed a bit with my (beaming!) team and was in bed by midnight!

I am up and at it again today and actually heading off to practice, so that's it for now...More to come and thanks to everyone for the support.

Lots of love,
Dani

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next