HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, New York
PostPosted: 4. September 2009 17:53 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 13:21
:wav: :wav: A really good solid win by Daniela, she was good in all aspects of her game: she served well, her groundstrokes were very good and she hit a lot of nice winners. She was focused the entire match, dictated the match and she took all her bp chances. King wasn't that great but Daniela put her away without any problems.

This is Daniela's best run at the US Open since 2002 and the last time she beat King in a slam she got to the semi-final.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 4. September 2009 17:54 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 14:21
What a wierd US Open this is turning out to be!

Dementieva losing to Oudin? :shock:

Jankovic losing to Shvedova? :shock:

Lisicki losing to Rodionova? :shock:

Just goes to show how unpredictable the womens game is becoming recently. I mean Daniela's match last night was a good case in point. From *4-5 Bacsinsky just caught fire and played lights out tennis until 2-2 in the second and Daniela did very well to come through in the end.The field is gaining depth. After all those years when first 3-4 rounds were a walk in the park for top women players 1st weeks of Slams are finally getting interesting. Lisicki's loss isn't such a shock though. She's been injured, struggling with her shoulder and thus serve plus her game is still rather raw and unpredictable.

Meanwhile a good win for Daniela, but King doesn't have anything to trouble Daniela with. Stosur lost to her simply because her backhand is shit.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2009 19:04 

Local Time:
Lovely stuff Danka! Her game really seems to gelling nicely,and it's good to see her hitting so many winners-she's averaging over 10 a set at the moment.The field is gaining depth. After all those years when first 3-4 rounds were a walk in the park for top women players 1st weeks of Slams are finally getting interesting. Lisicki's loss isn't such a shock though. She's been injured, struggling with her shoulder and thus serve plus her game is still rather raw and unpredictable.That's my impression too,for the first time this season I feel optimistic about where the womens tour is going. Now it's the top men seeds who stroll through the draw without any real challenges. Daniela's recent wins over Oudin,Wozniak and the Bondarenkos look like increasingly good value.It's just my impression or is Daniela grunting a little louder?I've listened very closely and I don't really notice any difference. She always had an audible exhalation after striking the ball. What was interesting,was against Shaughnessy she was groaning a lot at the start of the 3rd set,when things were tight,and was making very little noise as the set progressed and victory grew closer. Maybe Daniela uses the groan as primarily a stress reliever,as it doesn't seem to have any effect on how powerfully she strikes the ball.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 4. September 2009 20:36 

Local Time:
wow, must have been an excellent performance from the start till the end :)
I wish I had seen it.
Next will be as expected Serena

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2009 20:55 

Local Time:
"I am very happy and satisfied. Finally, it was only two sets. Today, I played the first ball to last very concentrated. Well, I moved and I've shown a aggressive, but with a minimum of errors. I have not let King get into the game , nothing like it nedarovala. Any exchange, I played one hundred percent. If I is very likely zvoľnila, everything could be otherwise. "

"I think it was nonetheless súperka 'vyhúkaná' from the environment to which I am accustomed. The villages that I have played several meetings. Clearly it was in my advantage and I exercise a little King or facilitated. Prospered my submission , I had no feeling that I was with him under some pressure. By that I so easily maintain service, I increased the pressure on American women in her administration. "

Hantuchova is already looking forward to eight with Serena Williams. "Our matches with Serena are already classics grandslamoch slowly. I'd finally met already with someone else, because Serena is the Big Four events can always step up to the unbelievable power, rather I played with him in the current tournament. At this year's U.S. Open, I played not well against Serene have nothing to lose and I will try to surprise, " said Hantuchova, claiming that it will be a completely different game than the quarterfinals in 2002. "I am now much more experience. Then I had all this vyhúkaná was my first duel to the poles and everything else I watch, I just did not play tennis. Now it will be something else. "

@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2009 00:31 

Local Time:
Hantuyama break Senoglu to get the match back on serve at 4-4. Daniela & Ai have to put pressure on Senoglu as she's the weak link while Shvedova serve's been pretty powerful.

Daniela's broken, 4-5.
4-6. Shvedova serve's out the 1st set on the 3rd set point, Hantuyama had 2 bps.

2nd set.
1-0, Hantuyama hold to love.
2-0.
3-0.
4-0.
5-0.
5-1.
6-1, Ai serves it out on the 2nd set point.

3rd set.
1-0, Shvedova broken from 40-0 and then an advantage, Hantuyama convert their 2nd bp.
An awfully long break right now, has to have been at least five minutes, so either an injury timeout or a toilet break. Murphy's law dictates that as soon as I posted the previous sentence play restarts.
2-0, Daniela holds to 30.
3-0.
4-0.
4-1.
5-1.
5-2.
6-2.
:wav:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2009 10:23 

Local Time:
They won the doubles!

Having won in straights earlier,Daniela just had to satisfy her craving for 3-set victories! :lol:

hellene fan
PostPosted: 5. September 2009 12:38 

Local Time:
pleasurable match to watch,nice stuff from danka
night match i quess with miss Serena Williams in arthour ashe
big raunt
i smell huge upset

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. September 2009 17:34 

Local Time:
huge upset :lol:
more likely a disgusting resigned performance

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 6. September 2009 17:41 

Local Time:
i smell huge upset
huge upset :lol:
yeah, obviously you smelled something else. I suggest to open your window ;)

The first 4 games of the match were worth watching. The rest isn't even worth mentioning.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2009 17:45 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 07:21
My mother once said if you cannot say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2009 17:49 

Local Time:
God, that was depressing. Serena was just too good on the day and was hitting winners all over the place.
It was like the Zvonareva match in Moscow all over again. Daniela did okay but Serena just played too well.
Ugh, I need some stiff drinks to drown my sorrows.

Still, Daniela got to the fourth round which is her best run here since 2002 and she had a lot of good wins during the hardcourt season, so she can take a lot from this tournament and recent months and she just has to take this match as one of these things.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. September 2009 17:56 

Local Time:
Losing to Serena is one thing, surrendering after the first broken game is totally another...
4th round at US Open is a good run for Daniela but it seems that she never believed that
she could defeat Serena or at least put her under pressure - this is unacceptable behaviour
for a professional player.
Anyway, Daniela earned valuable points that will get her closer to top 20 but she
certainly has a lot of work to do if she wants to be competitive against top players.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2009 19:04 

Local Time:
My mother once said if you cannot say something nice, don't say anything at all.Well my mother encourages free expression,so here goes. Danka,that was complete and utter crap;so spineless that you made me ashamed to be your fan today. Don't even bother turning up next time you're drawn against Serena.

I hope Larri gives her a right bollocking after that abject performance. she's embarrassed him as much as herself. :x

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. September 2009 19:15 

Local Time:
The Result is tough to take, but I think Daniela didn't play that bad. In the beginning she was very agressively and she hit some great BH angles. Serena was so damn good, she had so much power, she did just everything better than Danka. But IMO Danka didn't play worse than her Pennetta defeat in Cincy. There was nothing to do for Danka today, but I wished the scoreline would have been not that one-sided.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next