Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, New York
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 19:42 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 05:26
"Home game came to me, I'm very happy with how I played the first game. In addition, Meghann did not reflect too. Then, I embarked on it needlessly struggle and she's used. Began to play more aggressively. I hoped, however, lost the second game, that I can win this match. Third, I have it now brejk at the beginning and then it was already easier. Overall it was a good match to start. I wish I was there and the experience of previous duels with Shaughnessy, "said Daniela Hantuchova.

The nearest súperkou, 20-year Swiss-Hungarian origin romania Bacsinszky (73rd in WTA rankings), the more experienced Slovenka score 0:1. Last year, 15th February in the quarterfinals in Antwerp, Belgium withdrew the state of 2:6, 6:4, 1:4 for the common cold. "I remember that I had the game nedohrala, I was not able to disease. but I know that Timea played very cleverly, quite It vybehávala. It will not be easy. Now relax and gain strength, "said D. Hantuchova.

google translation.

Hantuchova broke in New York in a single series of black and triumph of 6:2, 4:6, 6:1 to prebojovala to 2 round, where it was on Wednesday waiting for the Swiss Timea Bacsinszky. "Slovak fans were really cool and very help me. The fact that our game is played quite late, they are brought together a lot. constantly chanting my name, even in moments when I good at what I am right nabudilo. I played against the American home, in addition to the fairly large villages. Although I was on court I feel more at home, which was great, "meaning to Hantuchova.

Slovenka against Shaughnnesyovej paper confirmed the role of favorite but not a clear matter. "With the opening match, I was happy. Well, I moved and servovala and the first set I won smoothly. Second dejstva However Meghann playful to good performance, is well administered, many nastrieľala es. It is hard to object to catch the rhythm. Third, I dejstvo It initially twice break, which was very important. And it has been easier for me, "said Hantuchova, who in 2nd round against Bacsinszky expects challenging game.

The initial interaction duel in Antwerp has Hantuchova pleasant memories. Indeed, in February last year had to struggle for status in the third game 1:4 ret. "If I had a fever, I feel good and I had to give up. A few weeks to follow problems with heel and forced two-month break. I remember that the Timea very well to their villages varied. It's a tough player and I think it will be more difficult than the struggle against Shaughnessy. On Tuesday, rested a bit and I will try her best to prepare, "said Commenting on the forthcoming súperky Hantuchova.

Zverenka Brazilian coach Larriho Passos against Shaughnessy was first presented in a new purple-violet completely from company Adidas. "It was a very pleasant change. I felt a new dress, really nice and I played very well," Hantuchova zakončila.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 20:53 

Local Time:
Doubles draw, Daniela & Ai's quarter:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 23:09 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 06:26
So Daniela is playing on court 11, so we can see the match i think :-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 03:07 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 23:26
Squeaky is gone!! And what a great way to go out! She wasted a match point, she made back-to-back awful errors to lose the match, she was up a set and a break!

:wav:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 04:04 

Local Time:
It felt awesome to play in front of such energetic and enthusiastic NY fans on Louis Armstrong What on earth is Daniela talking about? For a night match in New York,with a home player to boot,it was like watching a match taking place in a crypt(made worse by the fact it was following Blake's match,with his notoriously rowdy fans). A few well-lubricated Slovakians does not make for a compelling atmosphere.Squeaky is gone!! And what a great way to go out! She wasted a match point, she made back-to-back awful errors to lose the match, she was up a set and a break!I feel really sorry for Ana. Strictly in terms of tennis,she's starting to remind me of Daniela in 2003,and that's never a good thing. :cry:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 04:31 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 13:26
well im just happy that she past the R1.

while watching the 1st set, it was a good feeling the Dani is playing well she's the one who's more powerful..its obvious...
but at the second set she made lot of errors and shaughnessy is playing well that time...so i sleep and set my alarm for 30mins
then i woke up and surprise that Dani was up 5-0 so i said to myself that she's going to win...
:D :) ;) :) :D

Good luck against timea....you can do it

i like her dress....it fits her well...hope there are more colors and more detailed design... 8-)

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 04:43 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 15:26
I also feel sorry for Anna. It's never nice to see a player take a downwards spiral in their career regardless of how much i hate her for Daniela's sake haha.

It was interesting to see Safina get pushed to the limit in her opening match. Makes me feel better about Daniela losing that second set :D

EDIT: I remember the commentators saying something about her changing her service action and that she'd broken up with her personal trainer. I'd venture to say it's just a rough patch for Anna, but she hasn't played well all season. If it wasn't for some half decent grand slam showings and that fluke Indian Wells final she'd probably be outside of the seedings.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Last edited by BMC on 2. September 2009 04:52, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 04:49 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 15:26
it seemed like she just started making errors all of a sudden.Chungwit described it very well, it was a combination of Daniela making some needless errors (nothing drastic and not that many though) and Shaughnessy playing better (she was really bad in the 1st set). At 3-5 Daniela did well to overcome 15-40 deficit on her serve to force Shaughnessy serve for the 2nd set. Daniela even had a BP to level it to 5-5 but netted an easy backhand cross from the middle of court which should have been a winner or at least should have forced an error, Daniela was a bit late there and let the ball drop way too below the net. That's where Eurosport coverage of this match stopped and I went to bed. I was fairly confident that Daniela would take it in 3 as Shaughnessy was very unlikely to play as well as she did in the 2nd set and Daniela was likely to raise her own level again, especially when she started the set on serve. After the horrorshow against Pennetta I was glad to see Daniela playing better.

Hmm. I never saw the match against Pennetta. It's kind of upsetting to hear she didn't play very well. The scoreline didn't suggest she was playing terribly. It would have been a great result for Daniela to take her out. Two top ten wins in a row is nothing to scoff at. Although, Flavia wouldn't have been inside the top 10 at the time, but meh.

I saw Daniela's opportunities to break back when Shaughessy was serving for the second set and having not taken them i was actually nervous - especially when she was break points down in the opening game of the third. But it's all done and dusted now.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 17:01 

Local Time:
What on earth is Daniela talking about? For a night match in New York,with a home player to boot,it was like watching a match taking place in a crypt(made worse by the fact it was following Blake's match,with his notoriously rowdy fans). A few well-lubricated Slovakians does not make for a compelling atmosphere.I posted a similar remark in the slovak subforum. Many people also left the stands to watch Venus' match on Ashe.
Hmm. I never saw the match against Pennetta. It's kind of upsetting to hear she didn't play very well. The scoreline didn't suggest she was playing terribly.3 and 3 against Pennetta on hard is terrible imo. That if you are not a brainless ballbasher like Mirza whose game totally suits Pennetta's counterpunching style. Fatigue killed Daniela in that match unfortunately, otherwise I believe she could have won.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 23:24 

Local Time:
daniela is playing now,starts to serve. very good service games, also has a few bp, but can't take them. So now 2-1. she has a few nice shots :)
both hold their service, so 3-3 now
...4-4.. too many UE's :roll:

Last edited by Patti1989 on 2. September 2009 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 23:38 

Local Time:
I just got home to see that Vania King beat Samantha Stosur in what is a pretty big upset, so the next round looks appetizing for Daniela. :) If she can get there.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 23:42 

Local Time:
leading 4-3* now.
She hit some risky but great 2nd serves.

So her service is quite ok, but there's a lot of improvement necessary for her return games..

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 23:45 

Local Time:
great winner down the line to lead 5-4* :)
It's the right time for a break :P

hmm. she had 0-30, but Timea held :?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 23:50 

Local Time:
*5-5 She had Bacsinsky 0-30 but Timea hit four strong serves in a row to get the game. Not a whole lot Daniela could do there.

5-6* - Ugh. Broken thanks to two double faults.

Last edited by pmrd44 on 2. September 2009 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 2. September 2009 23:54 

Local Time:
oh no break...5-6, daniela was too scary at her serve, 2 double faults :?

ohhh my god, easy volley fault to 5-7 :(

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next