Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, New York
PostPosted: 27. August 2009 18:22 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 16:01
:shock: Unbelievable!

So Daniela drew an Australian(Dellaqua) in the first round of the Australian Open,a Frenchwoman(Razzano) at Roland Garros,a Brit(Robson) at Wimbledon and now an American at Flushing Meadows. How spooky is that?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2009 18:29 

Local Time:

So Daniela drew an Australian(Dellaqua) in the first round of the Australian Open,a Frenchwoman(Razzano) at Roland Garros,a Brit(Robson) at Wimbledon and now an American at Flushing Meadows. How spooky is that?

That's so bloody weird - well spotted...

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. August 2009 18:30 

Local Time:

I really like that. So she will play on one of the bigger courts :) As for the draw, Shaughnessy is a good Match-Up in my opinion. Bacsinszky played really well in those MM-Events between Wimbledon and US Open, but Danka is definitely the favourite. Stosur will be though, but she really played a lot this summer, too much in my opinion and she lost to Vesnina this week in New Haven...

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2009 19:45 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 15:01
I'll take Shaughnessy in the first round. She's been off the tour for ages and hasn't had a significant win since 2007. Daniela's 4-1 up in the H2H and has won the last 3. Shaughnessy did take A. Bondarenko to 3 sets in LA & New Haven and Cirstea beat her 7-5 7-5 in Cincinnati so she has been competitive against good players so shouldn't be underestimated and she'll have some home support. I like Daniela in this match.

Second round is pretty decent as well.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 27. August 2009 22:32 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 01:01
I'm sick of meeting Serena. Argh, aha. But otherwise it's a fairly good draw. Although, if Stosur is playing well i'm not sure i like Daniela's chances. I think Stosur is top ten material. She's got all the components of a great player.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2009 00:07 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 09:01
You really cannot complain with the first two rounds at all; beyond that, she could have done better but you cannot really project that far out anyway. The last two years she ran into players in the first round (Vakulenko, Groenefeld) who happened to play their best tournament of the year and she lost. Hopefully, Shaughnessy won't catch lighting in a bottle as well.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. August 2009 16:52 

Local Time:
@ google translation.

"Meghann know very long time, we played together enough battles. I know that you are not to be underestimated. It has very good service first, playing aggressive. It is hard to object to getting beat, because she gives the typical American 'bomb'. If the administration goes this may be very difficult. I remember that last year there has thus 'exploded' Groenefeld. In addition, preliminary matches at Grand Slam tournaments, players tend to always be deployed nevďačné. It does not matter against whom Getting - it will ripple and everyone wants to show , "said Hantuchova.

"It turned out that the three preparatory tournaments on hard surfaces are probably optimum. On the fourth I felt tired, but it also showed good results in previous events. I have played enough games and I am behind vydarené summer. I hope it will able to say after his New York peak. I have a couple of days rest and I feel well prepared. Immediately after the tournament in Toronto, I moved to New York and with few exceptions, I coach directly in theater U.S. Open. Mostly it was guys in America which supplied my agency, "said former world number five.

Zverenkyňa Larriho Passos to specific atmosphere of international open championships of the United States given a positive: "U.S. Open is definitely the craziest parts of the Grand Slam, here it is a lot happening. Me is all that 'crazy' New York like very much. Especially evening games are fun - the audience in the upper ranks of moves during the exchange, during breaks, plays music, it's more than basketball. The conservative champions pleasant change. Sometimes it takes up too much rush, man is hard to concentrate and also transports around town are rather difficult, but nevertheless this is one of those krajších tournaments during the season. "

Winner of a complete collection of Grand Slam titles in mixed doubles Hantuchova for the first time since 2006 in New York debli women play differently with their traditional partner of the "circle" and also a great friend, Japanese Ai Sugiyama. Together they are the 6th rung in scoring Race to the Sony Ericsson Championship 2009th At the November 'selection' Cup WTA Tour in Qatar, the first four pairs forward. "Obviously it's a special motivation for us. We will have to press. To play the championship would be nice. Enough that we achieved this season, but the damage that we did not go out a few games - we could now be possible to do so starting in Doha even more. "

Slovak number two now, of course, registered medical problems, internal Dominika Cibulkova, who this week was diagnosed with fatigue fracture of the eighth rib on the right side. "I want her to be cured as quickly as possible and still managed to at least the end of the season, although hasty transgression. I know Sam well, what are the problems of this type of embarrassing," said Hantuchova, last year for which quarterly weaned Patna bone fatigue fracture of the right leg.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. August 2009 23:51 

Local Time:
Daniela's playing the last match on Armstrong on Monday:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 10:57 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 17:01
Any chance to see danka match on eurosport ?

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 13:36 

Local Time:
maybe they will switch a few times to this match, maybe at set- or matchpoint or something like that

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 13:52 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 09:01
Looks like a beautiful day in NYC. 70's cooling to upper 50's tonight. Clear. Go Daniela!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 18:59 

Local Time:
Just a comment on the draw, I'll take that, could be worse but I personally would be happy with 3rd round here, and after the last two years I would probably be just as happy with a 2nd round showing. Got match choice in the UK with sky but I dont think they put it on for the evening sessions so doubt ill get to see Daniela on there but Im sure there will be a live stream somewhere online. Good luck Daniela

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 19:00 

Local Time:
The first set is going to be important. Daniela lost the first set the previous two years and that gave her opponent confidence. If Daniela wins the first set that will settle her down and take the crowd out of it. She can come from behind to win but taking the first set will make things easier.

should have streaming.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 00:17 

Local Time:
yay, Eurosport is going to show at least parts of the match :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2009 00:20 

Local Time:
I've got the match on

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next