Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Western & Southern Financial Group Womens Open, Cincinnati
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 11:42 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:22
I feel really bad for Sugiyama that Daniela couldn't play doubles. But that's due to the stupid schedulers making Danka do double duty two days in a row which isn't necessary as the doubles tourney was only a 28 player field!

Does anyone have an interview from Danka on her win over Vera? She's been giving interviews to Slovak press all week.

Hantuchová after the procedure in the quarter shine satisfaction. "I am proud to assume, as I do in the end fitness coped brilliantly again and finally I prelomila black series with Zvonarevovou. It's not my most valuable scalp in this season. The victory over the toy, which has slowly become my" nightmare ", but looking forward to more of that in the third sete was 7:6. The major exchanges, I was calmer and I am physically súperku exceeded. I am pleased that the quality training in Florida to bear fruit and the third "trojseťák" has become my prey. prior to the setom I tried to ignore that, I lost the second dejstvo to zero. to'v is ultimately one of whether a person loses 0:6 or 6:7. Šetrila I have a little power struggle because I have felt in your feet, and paid me to. From the beginning of the third dejstva her Brejka and finally the big fight I managed to break the resistance, "meaning the Hantuchová for Reuters.

Holder of three titles on the single circuit WTA (Indian Wells 2002 and 2007, Linz 2007) prežívala final match gemy very emotional. "In the end there were neskutočné exchange. For the state of 5:6 and 30:30 in my administration, I did neskutočné obhodenie. I was five meters away from their villages and all indicate that Vera is the winner receives a first mečbalu, but managed to I play unbelievable bekhend the line. Even tajbrejku to what was seen, properly, we naháňali to the court and had to be nerves, "said Hantuchova, who believe that the Friday game with Pennettovou caught zregenerovať. "It's totally another duel than four years ago in Filderstadte. Flavia ripple and is now underway. It plays fantastic tennis, last week's triumphs in Los Angeles on Thursday and overcome Venus Williams. It will be difficult game, but I will try to once again bring the best performance and we'll see how to fall. After a difficult duel, I Zvonarevovou I had this really enough, I felt tired, so we are not on the Sugi doubles. Already I have stated many times that singles is a priority for me, "said Hantuchová.
from google translation.

"It was a fantastic game and the fictional battle. Zvonarevová for me along with Schnyderovou one of najnepríjemnejších súperiek. Therefore, this result consider the most valuable this year," said Daniela Hantuchova happy and then continue the meeting vivid description: "From the beginning I played very well. Brejk I had a 3:1 in the first sete and given me confidence. we played long points, I was patient enough in them and tried to run everything. Súperka was lucky at first setbale when framed trafila line. Then I thought that slaughtered me ... but luckily I quickly forgot to set and pushed. The second sete me out introduction. Súperka started to play very well. Launched in the villages imagine new things and thus have zaskočila. As I failed top set, the conclusion I have already deleted some, because I tried to save power for the third set. I managed to concentrate on the top when I met her Brejka. Then it was quite well kondičke, because we played almost three hours and already I have properly in the legs. For the state of 5:6 and 30:30, we mali neskutočné exchange, about 16 strokes, she 'killed' almost winning blow, but I still made from the obhodenie following line, which even I do not know how I have succeeded. This saved me time before mečbalom. In conclusion, it has been neskutočné exchange, but I survived to the end. I am very happy ... "
from google translation.

"Twosome is paramount in these circumstances, no longer has the importance of doubles play. Trochu organizers made a mistake and that it can do the following natesno. We could calmly go to the doubles next day," explained the agency SITA Daniela Hantuchova.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 14:12 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:22
Thanks VERY much for all this Chungwit!

It seems that Daniela did an amazing shot at 30-30 5-6 down in the 3rd set, which she still can't believe she made. What I love about Daniela is how honest she is in her interviews. She always gives credit and amdnits if she gets lucky or if her opponent plays too good etc...

I don't understand the doubles - did the schedulers make a mistake cos the last translated article seems to read like that??

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 21:16 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:22
danka making many errors... silly ones... 3df already

Larri coaching... funny. Havent seen danka recieve on court coaching yet... He told her to open more and use the power he knows she has...

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 21:26 

Local Time:
danka making many errors... silly ones... 3df already
yep, she's playing with high risk as usual, but most of her shots seem to be all or nothing. It's the same with her serve, she made the double faults mainly because she tried to play the second serve like a first serve.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 21:30 

Local Time:
daniela had bp... some wrong choices, some good tennis by flavia and done, she lost the chances

3-5 now
Set Pennetta... 6-3
Dont think danka has much in her... maybe she's too tired. Lets see the second set... come on dani!

Last edited by Helio on 14. August 2009 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 21:30 

Local Time:
pennetta is plaing amazingly at the moment

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 21:31 

Local Time:
  Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 21:35 

Local Time:
Yeah Daniela didn't play a bad 1st set but Pennetta better in every department.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 21:48 

Local Time:
daniela had a chance to go 2 breaks up in the second, couldnt convert, though... Danka hold now!

Danka couldnt keep her break lead... just got broken (2 ue in a row to seal the deal). 2-2
oh daniela... lots of more ue 2-3 (from 2-0, and 2 bp to go 3-0, to 2-3)

Passos again on court... telling danka to be patient and adjust, to force more power in. Danka seems a bit frustrated... Cant blame her.

Pennetta has won 4 games in a row :x
Danka wake up! When she pushes for a little more speed, she gets the point... but those errors dont let her flow.

Well, she woke up a little... 3-4, dani must hold now!
facing 3bp... 3UE of course
3-5... Flavia serving for the match

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 22:18 

Local Time:
why is it always so painful watching Daniela's matches? :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 22:21 

Local Time:
Pennetta played very consistent, but Daniela was physically exhausted. I really think that Daniela could have won this match if she hadn't played over 10 hours of tennis in the last 4 days...Daniela didn't even have the energy to fist pump.

Overall, a great tournament for Daniela. My advice would be to take next week off and maybe enter New Haven (Pilot Penn), cos Daniela looked completely drained.

Well I think Daniela will be ranked around 22/23 next week which is awesome.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 22:33 

Local Time:
I really hope she was tired because some of her shots were just gross. It looked like she was playing in slow motion sometimes. So passive and predictable. Nothing what I like in Daniela's game did she show on the court today. I only regret I missed Fed vs. Tsonga to watch such crap.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 22:41 

Local Time:
Some good rallies of both, but mainly Daniela made UEs. Footwork was bad today, but I didn't have much hope for todays match after the marathon yesterday.
All in all Daniela has to be happy with that tournament and take the positive aspects.
When I saw the entry list and then the draw I didn't have high expectations, but now I'm really happy with that performance.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 22:49 

Local Time:
Daniela didn't want to leave the court because she kept saving all these match points at the end.

Pennetta did play well, especially in the first set where she was dictating a lot of rallies and hitting some nice winners although Daniela was also playing well in the first set and she won a lot of good points but Pennetta was fresher. A decisive moment in the match was the third game of the second set when Daniela had bps to go up a double break but Pennetta played good points to save them, putting in a good serve, dictating the rally and hitting a winner both times. After Pennetta held, Daniela's level dropped and she made quite a few errors, mostly hitting her forehand long and she looked jaded. The way she faded was disappointing but after her exertions earlier in the week, Daniela didn't have much left in the tank physically or mentally so it was difficult for her in the second set but she kept fighting.

A very good tournament for Daniela and she can take so much out of this and can look forward with a lot of confidence. Also, congratulations to Flavia on becoming the first Italian woman in the top 10.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2009 22:52 

Local Time:
I really hope she was tired because some of her shots were just gross. It looked like she was playing in slow motion sometimes. So passive and predictable. Nothing what I like in Daniela's game did she show on the court today. I only regret I missed Fed vs. Tsonga to watch such crap.Way too harsh,martin. You weren't seriously expecting prime Daniela to appear on court after over 8 hours of tennis in 3 days in the searing Cincinnati heat,were you? The surprising thing to me was that she actually created some chances to hurt Flavia in the match.

Sensible scheduling is a must from now on. Daniela must remember that she isn't 20 anymore and will need appropriate recuperation time between tournaments.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next