Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Western & Southern Financial Group Womens Open, Cincinnati
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 17:05 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 13:57
A great win for Clijsters against a very in-form opponant, who beat Venus Williams in a highly competitive final in Stanford. I don't know how much can be read into a result like this though. Martina Hingis thrashed Vera Zvonareva at the Australian Open on her return, but didn't do an awful lot thereafter (a couple of titles and some good wins, but no stand-out grand slam performance). Similarly, Lindsay Davenport returned to the tour emphatically but then form and fitness left her and her results consequently suffered. In the case of Clijsters however, I think she can definately fair better. Bartoli commented on Kim's play and said that it was already at top-ten level. If this is the case then she can certainly be a threat at the US Open, and potentially even challenge for the title along with the Williams' sisters and the top Russians: Safina, Dementieva and Sharapova.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 17:07 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 14:57
Meanwhile Daniela has lost the opening set to Errani 3-6

WAKE UP

hellene fan
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 17:08 

Local Time:
1/9 BP'S :twisted:
AND ERRANI 2/2 :roll:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 17:09 

Local Time:
A slow start from Daniela. Went *5-1 and a double-break down, brought the score-line back to *5-3, and had break points for 5-4*, but Errani held on and closed out the first set, winning it 6-3. Daniela now serving at 0-0*.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 17:27 

Local Time:
Well that was a hullabaloo...36 63 61 :P

A typical 2hr 30 min slog fest...

At least she got the win...Petrova or Alona Bondarenko next...

I would much prefer Bondarenko...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 19:17 

Local Time:
Revenge for Brisbane! :bananasrock:

Yet another 3-setter. Daniela obviously prefers to do things the Nalbandian way. :lol:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 20:19 

Local Time:
"A win is a win" is the phrase that suits best after that match I think.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 20:29 

Local Time:
OMG!!! It's Alona for Danka! She won against Petrova, 62 63! Very impressive performance from her, considering she always wins in 3 sets. Now Danka vs. Alona is really a match, in which I can't decide which one I will support. I will be happy for the winner and sad for the loser.

But I actually believe Alona has the better chance. She isn't good against Ballbashers (Vaidisova) or consistent players which gets a lot of balls back (like her) f.E. Jankovic or Dementieva. But she's always dangerous against Players which hit the ball deep (Petrova, Sharapova, Hantuchova). She already gave Danka a hard match when Danka was peaking (Linz 2007). The surface clearly suits Danka better and she needs to take advantage of that. She can't allow a slow start like in her previous match. Bondarenko will get a lot of balls back and that's the style of play which Danka really doesn't like.

It doesn't matter which for me which one will win... Hopefully the winner can advance to QF.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. August 2009 22:36 

Local Time:
Well there's only one winner for me...and that's Daniela.

Best of luck Daniela, and please don't start badly...IMO this is a real winnable match for Daniela and will really help her get into the top 24 in the rankings in time for US Open.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2009 02:22 

Local Time:
Daniela got the job done in the end. In the second and third set she got a lot more first serves in and won more points on it while she converted the bps she had, which she didn't in the first set while she was 5/8 in bps won in the second and third sets against 1/9 in the first set. Daniela lost both bps against her in the first set while she saved all six she faced in the third set. It was a tough fight all match but Daniela won the crucial points to win the match.

It's a decent win and shows Daniela's confidence and motivation is at a much higher level than it was in January.

"It was not an easy game at all, because the court was awfully hot, conditions were very difficult. Úvod me out, I started slowly and played like 1:5. I do not, however tragic, because on the court I did things. Gradually I began to fall and there was still better and better. The first set I could still theoretically win, if I use brejkbaly to 4:5. Important was that I set to play quickly forget. The beginning of the second set I went wonderfully, and after a few minutes it was 5:0, when I was with my game very, very happy. Even in the third set I had the match under control, although Errani even 0:4 state has fought, "said Hantuchová.

Waiting in the 2nd Alona Bondarenka round against challenging game. "Alona I have seen in our training and rozohrala to good performance, it will not be easy. two years ago in Linz, I have overcome to trojsetovom fight," said Hantuchova, who was returned at the conclusion of a successful return to the Belgian Kim Clijsters. Neprekvapilo me, now that Kim in the opening match overcome deployed Marion Bartoli. Before Wimbledon I have seen the train and played very well. The style of game it is predicted to become a successful outcome, the court Stunningly pobyhuje a little corrupts. In my view will be very high on the ladder quickly."

google translation

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. August 2009 07:21 

Local Time:
Court 3: 11:00am
1. Chakvetadze vs. Azarenka
2. A.Bondarenko vs. Hantuchova 12:30
3. A.Radwanska vs. Bammer
4. Oudin/Perry vs. Hantuchova/Sugiyama
5. Ruano Pascual/Zheng vs. Dulko/Peer

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2009 08:38 

Local Time:
A win's a win and we know that Daniela physically is very fit so a long match at the beginning of the tournament wont do her much harm. Personally I feel like any win is a good win at the moment for Daniela so congrats on another good come from behind victory which seemed to be won at a canter at the end. Bondarenko is a surprise but not someone to be taken lightly which Daniela, I presume, wont do and two wins at this tournament considering its strength would have to be an achievement, thing is she has to win first. Good luck Daniela

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. August 2009 16:23 

Local Time:
good win for danka
to tell the truth alona or petrova is the same for me,little bit better alona
dont expect to win today though

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2009 18:10 

Local Time:
Daniela avoids a slow start and goes up an early break, leading 4-1*.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2009 18:24 

Local Time:
Alona holds serve to make it 2-4*, but Daniela holds once again to maintain the break lead; now leading 5-2*.
Daniela has set point on Alona's serve; hopefully she can finish the set off here instead of being forced to serve it out.
Alona saves two separate set points, and holds serve, so Daniela will have to serve this set out; leading *5-3.
Meanwhile, Kim Clijsters is leading Patty Schnyder 3-0*. What a great come-back this is turning out to be.

Last edited by asj001 on 12. August 2009 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next