Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
PostPosted: 31. July 2009 23:49 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 07:56
Daniela had such a bad start but then it was neck and neck until 4-4 in the second, unfortunately she didn't hold serve there as i think Daniela could have snatched that 2nd set. But aall and all a great tournament from Daniela, lets hope she can build on this.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2009 01:26 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 00:56
Earlier this year, it would have come as a great surprise to everyone here if Daniela beat a pretty good and very good player in the same tournament. So, she is definitely making progress and she now has a series of solid wins since playing well in Fed Cup. The narrative of one match or one tournament "turning it around" probably oversimplifies things, but she's been a different player since avenging the (3) three-set losses in a row to Cornet and playing great against Mauresmo. The goal for the rest of the year should be 1, maybe 2 wins against a legit top player like Dementieva and I think that's realistic at this point.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2009 17:02 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 06:56
"We played two sets for nearly two hours, it was very balanced. Especially in the second sete I have felt that it may start to turn, finally, I nedotiahla, but it was a very good match," commented Hantuchová.

After the first game 2:6 sete cleared, but 26-year Slovenka break points especially in their efforts to a successful conclusion, when used only two of eight such opportunities. "Hard to say what there was deficient. Maybe one or two balls, was the place itself-match advantage, many high-quality exchanges, the fact quite close."

"I am very satisfied. I have lived in three matches almost eight hours on the court and it is a good review. All those battles were very good. The Dementievovej I already felt tired from the previous six hours. Otherwise I can not complain. I am playing on hard surfaces and particularly well in California. Twice in the past I have won in Indian Wells, and this is the same surface as at Stanford, "said Hantuchová.

American tennis Hráčkin plan until the U.S. Open has a clear form: Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Toronto and then New York. "There's a game I struggle, I want to cast in each maximum. At Stanford I succeeded, I hope to go even further as follows," zakončila Hantuchová optimistic.

google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2009 19:24 

Local Time:
A topic has been created for this tournament in the Tennis TipLeague section of this site.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2009 22:31 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 07:56
Venus d Dementieva 60 61!!!!!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2009 23:03 

Local Time:
I'm hoping its that match that is shown on Eurosport highlights tomorrow.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 2. August 2009 04:59 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 16:56
It's disappointing to see Daniela fall away in the second set when she really seemed to be in it, but at the end of the day this has been a very encouraging tournament. Hopefully can Daniela can play herself into some even better form in preparation for the US Open. What's the highest we think Daniela's rank can climb to before the seedings come out?

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8