Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Roland Garros, Paris
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 13:03 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 22:38
I hate to admit it. But i've lost a lot of confidence in Daniela's form on clay. I thought she was playing pretty well (she beat Cornet twice and she nearly took a set of Jankovic), but her defeat in the Warsaw semi has left a really bitter taste in my mouth. It can't of done her confidence any good. I would have been optimistic of a victory against Razzano, had she put in a better showing the i Warsaw semi, but i just don't see her winning anymore.

Hopefully i'm wrong. But if Razzano is in good form it's likely going to be curtains for Daniela.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

hellene fan
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 14:21 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 13:38
I would be a lier if i say dont afraid this match a lot

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 17:03 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 12:38
I hate to admit it. But i've lost a lot of confidence in Daniela's form on clay. I thought she was playing pretty well (she beat Cornet twice and she nearly took a set of Jankovic), but her defeat in the Warsaw semi has left a really bitter taste in my mouth. It can't of done her confidence any good. I would have been optimistic of a victory against Razzano, had she put in a better showing the i Warsaw semi, but i just don't see her winning anymore.

I don't know why some people expected Daniela to stroll off to Warsaw, win the tournament, and then turn up at Roland Garros with bundles of confidence. A semi-final showing was a good effort from Daniela, particularly since she hadn't won three matches in a row for a long time. Delgheru was in great form, and illustrated that by beating Alona in the final (who would have probably beaten Daniela). Just because it was a weak field that did not mean that Daniela was an instant favourite to reach the final or even win the title.
We can be optimistic with regards this match with Razzano, as I'm sure Daniela will have put her loss in Warsaw behind her. Although Razzano will have the home crowd behind her, thats not always a good thing, and we have seen this time and time again with Mauresmo (including yesterday when she lost to Groenefeld in round 1). I think its very much 50-50, and if Daniela can play well then I think she will have too much game for Razzano. Both players have had their best results on hardcourts, and if they were meeting indoors then we would probably be favouring Daniela. Clay may be Daniela's weakest surface, but Razzano hasn't had great results on it either. With this in mind, I don't think we can rule out a win for Daniela.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 17:04 

Local Time:
COURT No.1
play starts 11:00 p.m
1. Del Potro vs. Llodra
2. Razzano vs. Hantuchova
3. Scheepers vs. Dementieva
4. Blake vs. Mayer

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 17:14 

Local Time:
Unfortunately the weather's gunna be rubbish tomorrow so Daniela may not get on court until the evening as rain is likely between
1pm -5pm!

However, the weather outlook for the rest of the week is good.

I think Warsaw was a great tournament for Daniela, all week she fought hard, and even though she fell away quite easily in the 3rd set against Dulgeru, she was probably tired after almost 8 hours on court already that week. In the back of her mind I'm sure she was thinking about her fitness for Roland Garros...

As for tomorrow's match if they get on court - I think it'll be a straight sets win, but I'm not sure for which player. Daniela must get off to a good start - something she didn't do in any of her matches in Warsaw.

1r against vives - daniela lost the 1st set
2r radwanska - daniela was 0-3 at start before rattling off 11 of the last 12 games.
QF zakopolava (exception daniela won the 1st set...)
SF dulgeru - daniela was 0-4 at start

I'm actually not a fan of the Sunday start for if the weather prevents some 1st round matches from finishing tomorrow then on Wednesday some players will finish their 2nd round matches before some players haven't even started their 1st round. I remember in 2007 Daniela's schedule was heavily affected by this as her 3rd round match against Medina G kept being put off not only by the rain but also becasue the french kept putting their favourite players on the show courts no matter what round it was. What do you guys think about the stupid Sunday start?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 17:55 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 06:38
I'm actually not a fan of the Sunday start for if the weather prevents some 1st round matches from finishing tomorrow then on Wednesday some players will finish their 2nd round matches before some players haven't even started their 1st round. I remember in 2007 Daniela's schedule was heavily affected by this as her 3rd round match against Medina G kept being put off not only by the rain but also becasue the french kept putting their favourite players on the show courts no matter what round it was. What do you guys think about the stupid Sunday start?

Agreed. Daniela lost that match to Medina 7-5 in the third, too. So it's fair to say that the extra day of rest which Medina got may have tipped the scales. As an aside, that match was arguably the best match I've ever seen Daniela play on clay. She hung in there great against a top clay-courter, battling back from 5-1 in one set and pushing her to the limit in the third. Had Daniela been afforded a better draw, 2007 could have been the year where Daniela actually made a big move at RG.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 20:19 

Local Time:
I think Daniela's got a decent chance of winning tomorrow. If Razzano's on, like she was in Dubai, she can beat anyone as she has flat, powerful groundstrokes and can hit a lot of winners, but she can also make errors as her game doesn't have too much margin for error. The rallies will be relatively short for clay and Razzano's a better matchup for Daniela on clay than a retriever/counter puncher who have been the players that have given her problems this year.
It's not like Razzano is a great clay courter as she's lost in the first round here in the last three years. In 2006, she lost to Clijsters but she's lost to Sequeros and Zakopalova the past two years. Her results since Dubai have been fairly modest and her clay results over the past few years haven't been anything special.
At the same time, Razzano has won the last two matches with Daniela and if she's on form, she can give Daniela lots of problems. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Daniela had a decent run in Warsaw and good some good court time and ranking points. The conditions were about the worst for Daniela as the court was very slow, the conditions were often damp and cold making the balls heavier and the court slower and leveling the playing field an awful lot.
Daniela will have had a few days to get over Warsaw and to get used to the conditions at Roland Garros so she can be prepared to play and Passos knows what it takes to do well at Roland Garros.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 08:57 

Local Time:
weather forecast as eddy said ,looks not good at all

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 09:23 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 22:38

I don't know why some people expected Daniela to stroll off to Warsaw, win the tournament, and then turn up at Roland Garros with bundles of confidence. A semi-final showing was a good effort from Daniela, particularly since she hadn't won three matches in a row for a long time. Delgheru was in great form, and illustrated that by beating Alona in the final (who would have probably beaten Daniela). Just because it was a weak field that did not mean that Daniela was an instant favourite to reach the final or even win the title.
We can be optimistic with regards this match with Razzano, as I'm sure Daniela will have put her loss in Warsaw behind her. Although Razzano will have the home crowd behind her, thats not always a good thing, and we have seen this time and time again with Mauresmo (including yesterday when she lost to Groenefeld in round 1). I think its very much 50-50, and if Daniela can play well then I think she will have too much game for Razzano. Both players have had their best results on hardcourts, and if they were meeting indoors then we would probably be favouring Daniela. Clay may be Daniela's weakest surface, but Razzano hasn't had great results on it either. With this in mind, I don't think we can rule out a win for Daniela.

Did you watch the game? (sorry if that sounded condescending - definitely not my intention)

I'm not saying that Warsaw should have been a walk in the park for Daniela, but it was just disappointing that Daniela's form fell away so dramatically for periods of the semi. I didn't have an issue with her not playing flawless tennis. Things like this can't even be expected of Nadal and Federer (Federer especially in recent times), but almost every time she gained any type of momentum she lost it. I just don't think it bodes well for her prospects of beating a player who is arguably the strongest non-seeded player behind Daniela. Yes, she should be more switched on in a tournament like RG considering it's status and the conditions will be more favourable for her. But i'm just worried about her consistency. It doesn't seem like she's quite there. Razzano might make her play 3 full (and good) sets of tennis.

Obviously, i hope i'm wrong. I just don't see the silver lining in her loss to Dulgheru. I'm a bit of pessimist at the best of times :S

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

hellene fan
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 10:38 

Local Time:
nice start with rain delay :twisted:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 14:30 

Local Time:
Is it live on Eurosport ? I am still at work :evil:

hellene fan
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 14:45 

Local Time:
^only in esp player

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 14:51 

Local Time:
but it only works in windows :evil:

I'm going to have to get bootcamp.

With Razzano being French this match should be televised so here's hoping that it turns up on a stream.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 14:57 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 08:38
neither had held serve... razzano just did and is up 3-2
danka serving 0-30 down :?
deuce... danka needs to play consistent. She hasnt done that.
BP... BP again... Virgine's FH is overpowering danka atm.
Danka had a VERY easy shot to save BP and it goes long by a mile :oops: Broken 4-2
Breaks to love :P 3-4... now PLEASE, hold for the first time in the match
facing 3BP now :roll: Her serve is being raped... oh, daniela
broken 5-3

Last edited by Helio on 26. May 2009 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 15:06 

Local Time:
Are there any other livestreams?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next