Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Roland Garros, Paris
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 18:30 

Local Time:
|21. May 2024| 22:44
zvonareva pulled out,kate o'brien replaces her in the draw
no changes in seeds

I'm not sure what the cutoff was, but had this happened earlier than Razzano and Schnyder would have moved around in the draw. And Daniela would face O'Brien.

Why would Schnyder move?

Schnyder, as number 17, would take Zvonareva's place in the top sixteen. Razzano, as number 33, would then take Patty's place in the top thirty-two.
Since no matches have been played or even scheduled, I don't understand why it's too late to do this (since it makes for a "fairer" draw, and not just for Daniela).

hellene fan
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 18:31 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 05:44
pmrd read the rule about this in previous page(we posted same time) :lol:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 18:38 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 04:44
good coaches will be able to handle outbursts from a player Like Sears at RG 2003? :roll: That still pisses me off to this day. :grr:

Sears, what a %@£*(*&. It astonishes me that Daniela stuck with him as long as she did. She should have sacked him after that.

Sears was the analyst for the 2006 Montreal final between Ivanovic and Hingis and Ivanovic was thrashing Hingis and after the first set the commentator asked Sears what advice he'd give Hingis as a coach and Sears said "I don't know, it's hard to say" so the commentator asked what he thought Hingis should do differently and Sears said "She should do something else."
I didn't hear what else was said as I was too busy screaming obscenities and abuse. that exchange just said everything about Sears.

I'm hoping atdhe comes good like they did in the Australian Open.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 19:53 

Local Time:
Thanks for clearing that up Danielitsa and pmrd44 ;)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 24. May 2009 07:43 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 14:44
I saw that she was quite frustrated, but couldn't notice what she said. I was watching at work, volume turned down.It seemed to start during the previous series of games-Daniela got broken with a truly hideous FH UE,then despite winning the next point gave Larry a real mouthful of abuse . She then proceeded to lose the game with some more :retard: errors. When Larry came to talk to her she was studiously avoiding eye-contact,and then when he left,rolled her eyes in disdain and mimicked his hand gestures. She also gave the ballboys some grief during her next service game,which she proceeded to lose. Not pretty to watch. :|

Ugh. I'm kinda glad i stopped watching at the beginning of the 3rd set. I absolutely hate it when players behave poorly towards the ball boys/girls. It's one of my ultimate pet peeves. These kids just have a genuine love of tennis and in a lot of cases they don't get paid. They do it all so they can interact with some of their favourite players only to have them be rude to them. That just annoys me so much. I hope she wasn't too rude.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

hellene fan
PostPosted: 24. May 2009 13:18 

Local Time:
Ugh. I'm kinda glad i stopped watching at the beginning of the 3rd set. I absolutely hate it when players behave poorly towards the ball boys/girls. It's one of my ultimate pet peeves. These kids just have a genuine love of tennis and in a lot of cases they don't get paid. They do it all so they can interact with some of their favourite players only to have them be rude to them. That just annoys me so much. I hope she wasn't too rude.

same opinion,danka is good girl if did something wrong i am pretty sure would have felt later quilty for this,just nerves

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2009 16:11 

Local Time:
Tuesday start for Daniela...

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 24. May 2009 17:36 

Local Time:
am I the only one not liking this ugly 'scoreboard' on Eurosport?
The fat, huge and brown bars are really anoying me.. where are the decent black and white bars? :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2009 20:42 

Local Time:
Doubles draw is out. Daniela and Ai face a wildcard pairing in the opening round and are drawn to meet seeds Hsieh and Peng (seeded 9) in the third round.

HANTUCHOVA / SUGIYAMA [7]
LOIT / MLADENOVIC [WC]
MAKAROVA / PARRA SANTONJA
KORYTTSEVA / VOSKOBOEVA
GROTH / VORACOVA
SAVCHUK / SUN
DEKMEIJERE / WOZNIAK
HSIEH / PENG [9]
CHUANG / MIRZA [14]
SENOGLU / WICKMAYER
KUTUZOVA / REZAI [WC]
RADWANSKA / RADWANSKA
DITTY / SALERNI
DOMACHOWSKA / PASZEK
GARBIN / VINCI
PESCHKE / RAYMOND [2]

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 01:55 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 14:44
So wait, i'm confused. Why hasn't Daniela's first round opponent changed? The rules indicate that Razzano should now have a seeding and Daniela should be playing someone else? Is the draw not being shuffled around purely a timing issue? Sorry, i think i've missed something.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 02:19 

Local Time:
It seemed to start during the previous series of games-Daniela got broken with a truly hideous FH UE,then despite winning the next point gave Larry a real mouthful of abuse . She then proceeded to lose the game with some more :retard: errors. When Larry came to talk to her she was studiously avoiding eye-contact,and then when he left,rolled her eyes in disdain and mimicked his hand gestures. She also gave the ballboys some grief during her next service game,which she proceeded to lose. Not pretty to watch. :|Ah, thanks. That's pretty much what I saw, though I don't remember anything about the ballkids. To me the whole thing looked like Daniela didn't believe Larri's advices could work for her, or that she didn't think she was able to do what he told her, or that she had already tried all those things he told her and it had not worked anyway. Which is why she was so frustrated. I think she will be relieved being off clay once she loses to Razzano. After the initial post-loss disappointment passes.
same opinion,danka is good girl if did something wrong i am pretty sure would have felt later quilty for this,just nervesShe is just like every average person in this regard. When frustrated and angry she can be a pain in the ass even for people she normally likes or cares about. I certainly am like that. It's very possible Passos didn't even notice the whole incident, well and if he did we can only hope Daniela apologized.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 10:09 

Local Time:
I think she will be relieved being off clay once she loses to RazzanoThat's not the attitude to have! :P She could have drawn Safina,you know. Besides this RG court is playing like greased lightning in comparison to Warsaw. And if there's one place that Passos knows how to win,it's here.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 11:52 

Local Time:
That's not the attitude to have! :P She could have drawn Safina,you know. Besides this RG court is playing like greased lightning in comparison to Warsaw. And if there's one place that Passos knows how to win,it's here.Drawing Safina would at least not have given us any false hopes that Daniela can actually go past 1R.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 12:04 

Local Time:
false hopes? come on martin, if I shed all my false hopes, then I could quit being a fan of Danka :lol:

Some realism isn't bad f course, but those hopes make it more passionate and thrilling. ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2009 12:33 

Local Time:
Daniela isn't playing that badly at the moment. Of course she can win! :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next