Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Warsaw Open
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 13:49 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 12:53
I've just finished watching that match. Daniela lost it, not Alexandra won. She was just a background for Daniela. As always, Daniela mixed perfect tennis with the one you cannot watch... This time there were too many errors to win the match. I don't see 1st rd of RG to be easy.

Daniela can blame only herself for losing it. Conditions were perfect, beginning on the weather and ending on the surface. Hope to see her tennis improved in France.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 13:54 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 20:53
Ugh. How disappointing. I was planning to watch the game later because it's being shown on Fox Sports in Australia. Bleh. Maybe i'll just watch the first and second sets :S

I was really expecting a win. Sigh...

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 14:02 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 11:53
can't believe she lost. I guess she will never be the type of player to reach a lot of finals

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 14:25 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 17:53
Woah..

This is certainly a shocking result for me.

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 14:40 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 10:53
This is terribly disappointing and deflating. A lot of credit has to go to Dulgheru who did play well, especially defensively and she did hit some good winners, especially in the first and third sets where she hit some good backhands down the line. The conditions weren't good for Daniela as it was a slow court and it was a bit damp and cold so she couldn't hit through and had to hit an extra shot where she'd make an error and also it was a good court for Dulgheru who could retrieve and get the extra ball back.

It was disappointing that when Daniela had momentum and initiative she gave it away, notably at 4-4 in the first when she got broken to love after winning 4 straight games and 5-2 in the second when she let Dulgheru back in. I'm sure if Daniela'd served it out at 5-3 she'd probably have won as she'd have had all the momentum and Dulgheru would be facing adversity for pretty much the first time this week and it would have been interesting to see how she'd handle it. Dulgheru won 2 points to break at 30 all after doing a lot of retrieving and Daniela eventually made an error. Even though Daniela won the second set, Dulgheru had momentum and confidence going into the third and she started it well with some good winners while Daniela made errors. The way Daniela faded in the third set was disappointing.

Whenever Daniela was aggressive and dictated she'd win a lot of points but sometimes she'd have to play extra shots and/or make an error or it would create an angle for Dulgheru who had winners down the line after crosscourt shots from Daniela. If Daniela was passive and sat back then it gave Dulgheru a rhythm and allow her to play from the baseline and it was a lot harder for Daniela to dictate and it was Dulgheru who could dictate instead.
Daniela won a lot of net points from dropshots or from pushing Dulgheru back and having space to hit a winner.

It's another tournament this year where Daniela plays an inspired opponent who plays way above their normal level or recent form. Dulgheru's almost twenty and her highest ranking is her current 201 and she'd never beaten anyone in the top 100 before this tournament now she's in a premier final having beaten two top 50 players on the way. If she could play like this all the time or even some of the time she'd be ranked a lot higher than she has been. Players make breakthroughs at different ages though and perhaps this is Dulgheru's. Whatever, she played well and was a deserving winner on the day. I'd love Daniela to play her again on a fast hardcourt or indoors.

It's disappointing but the conditions weren't favourable for Daniela but she's had a good claycourt season, getting some good wins and putting in some nice runs with a quarter and semi-final. Daniela's got a top coach working with her so although today was disappointing the momentum is still positive.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 16:04 

Local Time:
apart from martin and hypo(was live in the match if i understood welll) who else saw the match?
i saw it in esp player,i dont have the technical knowledge as martin but from what i saw
this girl was playing out of mind,i dont blame dannka for the defeat.i think played enough well for clay
this dulgerou(btw i dont like her attitude) was returning almost everything.oh dear
was running and running :o :o
personal opinion daniela is playing extremely well in clay.never thought she will play like this
and as i said in previous message dulgerou is just lucky.perfect game in right time(dont think can play better)
i am deeply satisfied with danielas perfomance today
a question to martin and others why uses moonballs instead of slices?i am really curious,never seen danka uses this kind of shot,why?yesterday worked but not today. :hmmm:
i like larri passos a lot as trainer,is very calm guy giving right advices and showing respect
good decision from danka to continue the relationship until the end of year
overall was a very good perfomance from danka today

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 17:17 

Local Time:
What a disappointing peformance! I really wanted a Bondarenko-Hantuchova Final. But I'm happy at least for Alona and I don't think Danka would have had a big chance against her, even if she wouldn't have played that bad like today.

It doens't matter if it's clay and if the court is slow. A Player like Danka just shouldn't lose to World Nr. 201. I'm not sure if Danka will ever have a better chance to reach a clay court final or an international series final again. The conditions here were perfect, I mean she had a very nice draw, especially in that semi. Dulgheru wasn't playing that well, she was just playing like a Top 200 player which she is.

It's just a joke to say Danka is bad against players who bring back a lot of balls! I mean c'mon we know that since a long time, so maybe she should try to find a plan against players like those! Dinara was critised that she had a mental weakness, and now look at her! And we know it from Danka, it takes a lot of more hard work to improve that than to improve the safety in your game!

The whole thing reminds me a lot of the Bali-Match vs. Paszek. I really thought she's going to find her form on clay, especially after Fed Cup. But as long as she's not able to play back-to-back matches on a high level (like Alona did it here in Warsaw), I'm not sure if she'll ever win a big (or even a small) title.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 19:27 

Local Time:
Honestly, I don't mind the fact that Daniela lost in a SF on clay. But it is just the way she did. After winning the second set, Daniela mustn't lose the thrid in such a way.

Just hope Daniela could improve her game and gets more consistent for RG.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 19:35 

Local Time:
Really disappointing,Daniela just keeps blowing these golden oppurtunities. Larry really has his work cut out for him. :cry:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 23:33 

Local Time:
Today it's 10 beers, so forgive me if I write bollocks. :oops: :lol:
can't believe she lost. I guess she will never be the type of player to reach a lot of finalsBut you still love her, don't ya? I would hate if Vika became your first favourite player. I couldn't take something like that to be honest, you're one of the pillars of our fanbase. ;)
a question to martin and others why uses moonballs instead of slices?Either lack of skills, or not enough strength in right hand. Maybe also lack of confidence and/or practice in/of this shot.Honestly, I don't mind the fact that Daniela lost in a SF on clay. But it is just the way she did. After winning the second set, Daniela mustn't lose the thrid in such a way.Dulgeru opened the third set on her serve, which is a big advantage. This is such an important factor in women's tennis.

Tomorrow I will add Daniela's post match comments. I am not about to bother with it now, sorry.

btw. this ultra-slow clay is really for pigs.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 05:11 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 20:53
I watched bits and pieces of the match last night and i have to say that i'm disappointed. Daniela really should have won this match. When she was firing there wasn't a lot her opponent could do, she'd just often not capitalise on a solid shot. When she went into net, she was usually successful like at the start of the second set. I just don't understand it to be completely honest. There have been so many instances this season where i would have been really satisfied if Daniela left a bit more on the court. Like if she'd managed to take a set of Jankovic or if she'd beaten Cornet the first 2 times or Razzano in Dubai... It's just frustrating.

She really should have won this match, and should have gone on to win the title. Regardless of the type of court she was playing on, she can't expect to be in contention for YEC (her start of the year goal) when she's losing to people outside of the top 200. This would have to be the lowest ranked player she's lost to in ages. While watching the game. It seemed that Daniela must have just gone off the boil to lose, because she was clearly the superior player. But it doesn't matter. She should be comfortably winning these matches. Almost regardless of how well she's playing or the surface she's playing on. Argh.

Let's just hope she doesn't make a first round loss at RG. Razzano won't be easy,

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 06:09 

Local Time:
Today it's 10 beers, so forgive me if I write bollocks. :oops: :lol:
But you still love her, don't ya? I would hate if Vika became your first favourite player. I couldn't take something like that to be honest, you're one of the pillars of our fanbase. ;)

btw. this ultra-slow clay is really for pigs.

lol, I hate clay too. Way too many important tournaments on clay to screwed up the ranking.
And yes, still love Danka. Those legs are to die for 8-)

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 12:16 

Local Time:
btw. this ultra-slow clay is really for pigs. No Nadal-bashing,please! :grr:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 12:30 

Local Time:
Dulgeru has taken the 1st set against Bondarenko 76!

Site Admin
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 14:21 

Local Time:
No Nadal-bashing,please! :grr: :lol: I actually like Nadal, mainly his intensity on the court, which is admirable. Yesterday I was drunk and felt like making a strong negative opinion about the surface.

btw. Dulgheru beat Bondarenko giving her a donut in third set.

Daniela's words after the semifinal:
My opponent played really well, I was surprised. After the successful tiebreak I thought she would get nervous and tired in the third set, but the opposite was true. She was even more courageous and hit some ridiculous shots. She started bashing the ball and it paid off. I didn't play well and tactically. Despite fighting I didn't manage to stop her.
I am glad for a semifinal on clay. Not satisfied with today's match, but against Radwanska and Zakopalova I produced good performances. I came to Warsaw to play as many matches as possible which I did. Hopefully it will continue in Paris.
I remember that I watched RG on TV last year and couldn't bear it because I wasn't on the court. I would never want to get through it again. Now I am healthy and happy that I can be there again.
Razzano is a very tough opponent. Her game is fast, she can hit powerful flat shots, crowd will be cheering for her. Very difficult match.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next