Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Warsaw Open
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 17:11 

Local Time:
|5. May 2024| 23:11
That Daniela chose to be a bit of a headcase in this match was never in doubt-with Sharpie out she knows she's got a great chance at the title,and that kind of knowledge always tends to prey on Daniela's mind.

The win is the important thing-now to work on that dodgy second serve!

Almost forgot-3 wins in a row for the first time since Indian Wells last year :bounce:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 17:14 

Local Time:
Very close match. I missed first five games therefore can't really comment on how Daniela got the break in opening set. At times she looked like her feet were glued to the ground. She clearly struggles with this ultra-slow surface, so I think we can't be too mad on her for dragging us through such a rollercoaster and errorfest. Her serve was what you would expect on this surface, not really a threat, but thankfully Klára's relatively small frame doesn't support blasting returns. Even Daniela's 2nd serve was quite safe, though she did have troubles with Klára's bh crosscourt returns, which were relatively deep, especially in the 2nd set. Return inconsistent, but when it mattered Daniela stepped it up (particularly in 5th game of the deciding set where she was already 15-40 down on Klára's serve). There were many bh crosscourt rallies, Daniela when in troubles uses that gross topspin moonball and sometimes it even won her the point. I wish she would combine it with slice to add variety, but that's for another topic.

As for Zakopalová, she was pretty much just as inconsistent as Daniela. Made few errors later in the 2nd set, which is why she won it, then started making more in the 3rd. Backhand was guilty of aforementioned inconsistency, Forehand not to such an extent. Daniela didn't fancy Klára's forehand (particularly the running one down the line which was excellent) and usually got overpowered by it. But thankfully this was a match of backhands.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 17:28 

Local Time:
|5. May 2024| 22:11
Thanks for the report, martin.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 17:49 

Local Time:
Well done Daniela for another hard fought win by all accounts, now for the completely unknown Alexandra Dulgheru, ranked 201 in the world, on paper Daniela should walk this but this qualifier has had a great run so far so she can feel more than confident taking on Daniela. This is a great chance to reach her first clay court final and I hope its a chance that she will take

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 18:09 

Local Time:
Congrats Daniela! But be very weary of the next opponent - would lvoe daniela to get to the final...i'm guessing ilona will beat keothavong...a dream final would be daniela vs anne!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 18:21 

Local Time:
There were many bh crosscourt rallies, Daniela when in troubles uses that gross topspin moonball and sometimes it even won her the point. I'm glad you dislike that shot,as it's asking for trouble against a more powerful player. Having said that,the moonball-volley combo Danka pulled off yesterday was a classic. :lol:

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 19:59 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 00:11
Well,Dulgheru is from Romania,same I,but I have to admit,even I don't know too much about her.The newspaper from here are very excited about her performances during this tournament.I will watch the match tomorrow on eurosport,I'm curious to see Dulgheru in action,but OF COURSE,I hope Dani to beat her,in fact I'm pretty confident that Daniela can win this tournament.But first,tomorrow match,and after that we will see.Good luck Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 20:23 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 05:11
Dulgheru will be very confident since she has nothing to lost. We need to wish that Danka do not choke tomorrow.

A win tomorrow will marks a 4 back-to-back win for Danka. This will also help Danka for the ranking point.

I wish upon the star so that Danka will win and get through to the final.

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. May 2009 23:29 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 08:11
Seems like it was a hard fought win by Daniela. Her game obviously wasn't there today so it's good to see her rough it out. Something, she's typically not been good at. I really like Daniela's standings in this tournament. She should be able to beat her semi-final opponent pretty convincingly (although, i thought the same of today - so here's to hoping) and then she'll be in her first clay court final! :D

It's fantastic to finally see some good results. Regardless of what tournament she's in.

Good signs for RG as well. Does anyone know what kind of improvements she's made to her ranking?

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 00:21 

Local Time:
I'm glad you dislike that shot,as it's asking for trouble against a more powerful player. Having said that,the moonball-volley combo Danka pulled off yesterday was a classic. :lol:It's probably Daniela's only option how to turn a rally when she is in defense to neutral state - when Daniela's oppo's pounding her backhand. From this perspective I can't say anything negative about it. Besides, many players have problems with it timing wise. Azarenka used it very effectively against Kanepi in Rome to get a short ball from her. Daniela does it too, like you wrote. But I still think it's an odd shot, slice would be better imo. Today Daniela used it just for defensive purposes, no moonball-volley combo. Klára didn't give her any short ball to smack.

Danka's post-match feelings:
"I am really happy about this. Making a singles semifinal on clay, which is not my favourite surface - that's just fantastic. I have a great regard for how I fought for every point. As for my strokes, I feel very well, which is great before upcoming RG. My fighting spirit was deciding factor today. 3rd set was very competitive, on slow clay there were many breaks of serve. The most important thing was who held first. I managed to hold in 6th game and then finished the match victorious. At the end I had more physical strength. Klára was very unpleasant opponent, in 2nd set she didn't make almost any errors, hit some very good down the line shots. She played really well.
I can't underestimate my next opponent. She is in semis so she must do something right. It will take a bit of time to get used to her game. I must prepare myself for this match and be concentrated, that will be important."

Sorry for shitty (read: more shitty than usually) translation, I had about 7 beers tonight.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 01:43 

Local Time:
|5. May 2024| 21:11
Good signs for RG as well. Does anyone know what kind of improvements she's made to her ranking?

This is the current ranks counting the Strasbourg and Warsaw tournaments:

25Na Li 1834
26Anna Tchakvetadze 1806
27Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 1730
28Sybille Bammer 1689
29Katarina Srebotnik 1674
30Agnes Szavay 1649
31Samantha Stosur 1648
32Daniela Hantuchova 1624
33Shuai Peng 1616
34Alona Bondarenko 1600
35Iveta Benesova 1592

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 03:38 

Local Time:
|5. May 2024| 16:11
By the way, we should know the Roland Garros draw right around the time Daniela is on court. Something else to look forward to.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 06:08 

Local Time:
thanks for the translation Martin. I don't find it shitty at all. I would be much much much worse after 7 beers

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 06:55 

Local Time:
I'm so happy that we can watch her live :D Hope she can make a good match

BTW: "Follow the 2009 French Open Main Draw Ceremony Online
The official website of the 2009 French Open will cover the main draw ceremony live online tomorrow.
The men’s and women’s singles draws will be selected on Friday at 11:30 am in Paris (5:30 am ET).
As the names are drawn, the Roland Garros website will host an interactive draw board for fans to watch as the first round matches are determined. For more information, visit the official website.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2009 11:13 

Local Time:
Dulgheru breaks to love in the opening game :shock:
0-1*
Daniela with work to do already!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next