Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup, World Group, Play-off 2009 - France vs. Slovakia
PostPosted: 26. April 2009 21:01 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:13
It's gutting that Daniela and Dominika played so well and fought so hard but Slovakia didn't win.
Mauresmo was absolutely immense for France and she won the tie.

I think Daniela can take a lot from this, she had a very good win against Cornet and that was her first top 20 win for more than a year and she played some great tennis against Mauresmo.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. April 2009 00:35 

Local Time:
Such a shame for Slovakia, i personally, and im sure a few people were feeling the same, gave Slovakia little chance in this tie but they were certainly a match for France, but just came up against a resurgent Mauresmo who spear headed the French team. Ah well, not the worst weekend in the world from Daniela's viewpoint considering the impressive win against cornet yesterday

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 27. April 2009 15:55 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 18:13
I've been without internet access for the last couple of days so i haven't been able to check up on proceedings. But i have to say... although it's disappointing that slovakia didn't win the tie, daniela can take A LOT of positives from beating alize on clay - particularly because she lost what seems like a really tight first set. It might be a sad overall outcome overall for daniela (having lost the doubles and to mauresmo :S), but in terms of her progress this year.. It's a relatively positive result!

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. April 2009 10:29 

Local Time:
From Fed Cup website:

"Both Cibulkova and Hantuchova beat Cornet because they played the braver game; even their losses to Mauresmo were quality affairs decided by a point here and there. In both singles matches Cibulkova started almost too well for her own good; likewise Hantuchova stuck to guns with tremendous resolve. In fact, the 26-year-old didn’t lose a single point off her second serve during her match against the French veteran."

:shock:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. April 2009 13:55 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:13
From Fed Cup website:

In fact, the 26-year-old didn’t lose a single point off her second serve during her match against the French veteran."

:shock:

I noticed that in the stats . When I saw them it was like 19/19 or something like that .
Her 2nd serve wasn't awesome but was pretty good indeed .

Site Admin
PostPosted: 28. April 2009 16:23 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:13
Mauresmo tried to attack Daniela's 2nd serve in first couple of games with moderate success, gaining a slightly upper hand in rallies but being unable to finish them off. That can be explained by the fact that one-handed bh doesn't make such a dangerous return. Mauresmo then pretty much gave up on any return attacks making contact with the ball like 1,5 - 2 meters behind the baseline, allowing Daniela to have such stats (even though I find it difficult to believe they are true).

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Fed Cup, World Group, Play-off 2009 - France vs. Slovakia
PostPosted: 3. June 2009 16:46 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:13
Fed Cup 2010: Slovakia will face at home China in the 1st round of World Group II competition.
Complete draw of WG II: Slovakia - China, Australia - Spain, Poland - Belgium, Estonia - Argentina
Draw of WG I: Ukraine - Italy, France - USA, Czech Rep. - Germany, Serbia - Russia

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11