Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: MPS Group Championships, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL-USA
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 02:17 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:11
Wozniacki wins 6-2 6-2. She was just the much better player. Not the best Friday night I've had; same for Daniela, I suppose.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 02:35 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:11
Wozniaki is a frustrating player. She's a pusher with little to no shot making. I saw her play in New Haven last year in the final and she was the most boring player to watch. She's attractive but her tennis game is a snoozefest. I could easily see her style frustrating Daniela.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 02:52 

Local Time:
|30. March 2024| 01:11
MEH! At least Daniela won the same amount of games she did the last time they played.

I really don't think Wozniacki is a good match up for Daniela. I can imagine Wozniacki retrieving a whole lot of balls back and making little to no unforced errors. So I imagine Daniela was trying to force the play a lot, and as a result, making a whole bunch of unforced errors.

On the bright side, Daniela got to her first QF of the season (on clay as well), and beat a player ranked above her and in the 30s (her first since Moscow, correct???). The three-match winning streak still eludes her, but I think it was possible had she drawn anyone but Wozniacki.

So her next tournament is Fed Cup???

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 03:27 

Local Time:
|30. March 2024| 01:11
It's disappointing to see the end the result, but i'm pretty happy with Daniela's performance this tournament (first time in a while). I can't speak much for the end of the second set (because i left the score board), but the games were going so quickly. Even when Daniela was being broken, the games never went to deuce in the first set. I imagine that Daniela couldn't find a whole lot of rhythm, to sustain any type of good play. But by all accounts you'd suspect that Daniela would be making the plays as opposed to feeling rushed with the plays that Woz was playing, but in any case it seemed that Daniela wasn't given much of a chance to settle into this match.

I haven't seen any unforced errors / winners statistics but i suspect that Daniela didn't play poorly, seen as how i can remember her first serve percentage being pretty healthy during the first set, despite being broken. Usually the state of Daniela's (anyone's game really) game can be judged from how well she's serving. I'm not sure if Wozniacki is a player that Daniela is ever going to be able to beat on clay, especially not without a struggle so from that stand point i'm not really bothered by the result either.

Onto the next tournament. Anyone know what kind of a boost this will give to Daniela's ranking? Btw, i'm really hoping she keeps playing some smaller tournaments.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 03:30 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:11
Onto the next tournament. Anyone know what kind of a boost this will give to Daniela's ranking? Btw, i'm really hoping she keeps playing some smaller tournaments.

She'll go up 3 spots to number 40 in the next ranks and she is 850 points behind the 20th spot (her goal) :)
She isn't playing next week , right ?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 09:21 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:11
From the Caro subforum on tennisforum. We have an eye-witness:

Caro looked good in the Hantuchova match. Her first serve has become quite a weapon. She also, while still mixing it up, is hitting her groundstrokes with considerably more power than a year ago. She also knocked off some nice vollies. Her game is really progressing and she is obviously enjoying herself on court. Of course as we all know, Dani hasn`t had her best form in quite some time and she was missing a lot of backhand down the line attempts. But this takes nothing from Caro who is playing well here.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 10:56 

Local Time:
It's a shame she lost, but i think this tournament is showing that Daniela is improving, her tennis is finally going in the right direction. I hope she takes the positives out of the this tournament and we don't get read another depressing interview similar to the one in Miami...

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 14:38 

Local Time:
Daniela said something in lines that she should have been more agressive, that her play wasn't good, but it was a better match than the Olympics one. She's looking forward to playing on the red clay in Europe (Fed Cup, Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid).

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 14:41 

Local Time:
Her first quarter of the year... I try to find something positive in this tournament :D

Please Dani, play better.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. April 2009 18:16 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:11
It's a little disappointing that Daniela wasn't a bit more competitive against Wozniacki but Wozniacki played very well and that's the level Daniela has to get to to be a top player again. She's not there yet but I feel that she is getting there and she had some wins this week that will help her and give her confidence.

There are a lot of points for Daniela to gain over the next few months, she can take positives from this tournament as she beat a top 40 player for the first time this year and she played well in doing so. There are still improvements to be made and Daniela isn't at her best, but she's not complacent about that. As long as Daniela keeps working and stays positive she'll do well.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11