Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
PostPosted: 25. March 2009 23:37 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 17:04
deuce...5-2
Adv..MP for Danka...:?

and she won!!!!....
finally!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2009 23:38 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 05:04
Danka wins the 3rd 6-2... tried hard to choke, though :roll: Congrats danka! A win is a win. Please improve for the next match

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2009 23:43 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 09:04
4-6 6-3 6-2.
A reasonable scoreline. At least once she got the second break in the second set she begun to dominate, rather than the whole match being tight.
Daniela's game seemed to improve, while Oudin's game went down hill after losing the second set. So it seems a bit of both contributed to Daniela's win. Chakvetadze up next. This will most likely be a close one, but I think Daniela can topple her, especially since she has had a win now this week whereas Chakvetadze will not have played a match.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2009 23:44 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 10:04
I should bloody well BILL Daniela for all my supplies of Valium :wall:

On a more serious note,congratulations Danka,I know you hate playing here! :bounce:

Bring your best tennis for the next round.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 25. March 2009 23:49 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 08:04
And Nick was right . Daniela to win in 3 .
I think that maybe Daniela was trying to adjust her game to Oudin's game .. Oudin is a very promising young player , so I bet that it wasn't very easy .
From the point that Daniela begun to find her 1st service , she got the games more easier .
Anyway , Hantuchova has now a 10-6 record this year , against the 3-4 of Chak .

Chak lost in straight sets to Peer at Indian Wells , lost in straight sets to Morita in Dubai , and so on ..
I'd say that even with the lack of form from Daniela , she has probably an edge going to this match !

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 00:55 

Local Time:
I think the match against Chakvetadze will very tough, I think most of us hope she can squeeze out a 3 set victory...anyway, good win today Daniela.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 00:56 

Local Time:
I agree with most of you, at the most hated tournament any win must be perceived as a good one.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 01:17 

Local Time:
Just as well I didn't follow this on the live scores, it would have decreased my peace quite a bit.
The impression I get from the stats is that it was Daniela's level that was determining the match. Her first serve percentage was poor in the first set so Oudin had a lot of second serves to have a go at. Once Daniela got her serve going and starting getting her first serve in she was fairly comfortable and won the last two sets easily enough. It would have been great if she'd served it out, but she broke Oudin in the next game. Oudin was winning a lot of points on first serve in the first set, but Daniela adjusted to it in the second and third as she started winning a lot more points on Oudin's first serve. Could have been a good job by the coach.

I don't know what the conditions were like but her serve could have been affected by the breeze in the first set and Daniela either adjusted to the conditions or the breeze went down. She could just have been serving badly at the start but she did improve it for the last two sets.

It's a win so she'll get some ranking points for it, she gets used to the court and conditions and having a challenge in the first match prepares her for tougher matches ahead.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 01:37 

Local Time:
COURT 7 start 10:00 am
[Q] U Radwanska (POL) vs N Li (CHN)
[Q] F Gil (POR) vs M Zverev (GER)
K Knapp (ITA) vs B Zahlavova Strycova (CZE)
[WC] P Martic (CRO) / C Vandeweghe (USA) vs [5] D Hantuchova (SVK) / A Sugiyama (JPN)

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 03:22 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 08:04
Lets hope that Hantuyama can recover from that 1r loss last week
Off-Topic:
they'll play in the same court as my fellow Frederico Gil , GL Fred

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 08:29 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 19:04
YAY!!! A win! Glad I too didn't follow this on the livescore. Take away the first set and it looks like a convincing win.

Maybe it was better she wasn't seeded, as now she's gained 50 points for getting into the 2R, as opposed to the 5 points she would have gotten if she was seeded. Let's hope for a 3R showing AND let's hope Chakvetadze doesn't decide to pick up her game in Miami!!!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 11:38 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 19:04
YAY!!! A win! Glad I too didn't follow this on the livescore. Take away the first set and it looks like a convincing win.

Maybe it was better she wasn't seeded, as now she's gained 50 points for getting into the 2R, as opposed to the 5 points she would have gotten if she was seeded. Let's hope for a 3R showing AND let's hope Chakvetadze doesn't decide to pick up her game in Miami!!!

I didn't realise it worked like that...

I'm hoping Daniela will rise to the occasion against Chaka. She always seems to player better against stronger opponents. Although, the loss to Bammer last week doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Any news on whether we can get a live-stream? :D

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 12:15 

Local Time:
I'm sure the Dani vs Chaky will be on stadium so I'm glad that Daniela's already won a match there on that court.

Also what pleases me at the moment is that every tournament Daniela has been entering she's at least winning one or two matches. I know she's not getting to the latter stages of tournaments but she's at least getting plenty of match practice. Daniela's game is built on confidence so i'm hopeful that it's going to click into place soon and she'll have a really good run in the crucial next few months.

Daniela will know that the next few months will decide if she gets back to the top 20 again, so i'm sure she'll give everything she's got for the clay season - i wonder what tournament she''ll enter after miami? Anyone know?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 13:57 

Local Time:
Her schedule at present:

04/06 - *
04/13 - *
04/20 - ***
04/27 - STUTTGART
05/03 - ROME
05/09 - MADRID
05/18 - *
05/25 - ROLAND GARROS, PARIS

* Nothing scheduled
*** Fed Cup week

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2009 14:02 

Local Time:
I think it would be worthwhile Daniela entering Marbella (a new tournament running the week after Miami). The Williams' sisters, Jankovic and Mauresmo are there, but apart from that the field is quite weak, so Daniela could potentially go on a good run. It would also give her some clay practice before Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid (three tournaments that all have very tough player fields; where its possible Daniela will have some early round losses).
On the other hand she is closer geographically to Ponte Vedra beach, so she may well get late entry there, and could then play Charleston the week after, before travelling back to Europe for her scheduled Stuttgart appearance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next