Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 386 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 08:55 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 17:59
Ugh, how disappointing.

I honestly thought she'd win against Bammer. If Daniela couldn't turn things around at IW i don't have high hopes for the rest of the season. I've been so up and down with my opinion of Daniela so far this season. Originally i thought she was gunna be up and running relativily quickly and was expecting some strong showings by now. But she really hasn't done anything of merit so far this season. After she lost to Cornet for the second time i came to the realisation that it was probably gunna take Daniela a while to get back to some solid form. Then!! I thought, for whatever reason. That IW would create some sort of revival. Now i've lost a lot of hope. I dunno what to expect for the rest of the season.

I know she's got barely any points to defend between now and wimbledon (well, basically nothing)... but i can't help but dred the next tournament.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 09:36 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 08:59
I expected a loss, maybe a better scoreline but still a loss. Bammer's results have been far more convincing than Daniela's in the tournament. Daniela said she didn't have enough time to prepare for Bammer's lefty serve and didn't feel well on return.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 10:26 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 07:59
Dissapointing result. Daniela still hasn't beaten a top-fifty player all year (her best win ranking terms being against Makarova, WTA 53, in Paris). I don't think we could have expected a win here to be honest. The last time she won three matches in a row was in Indian Wells last year! And even then she didn't have beat a top-thirty player to reach the quarter-final stage. Since her loss to Ana Ivanovic at the Australian Open last year its all been down hill...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 12:22 

Local Time:
Poor Daniela. All the hard work and training can't compensate for being in truly wretched form,and at her favourite tournament as well. At least she fought her way through a couple of matches,as a fan i don't think you can ask for more. Chin up Danka,the good tennis will come eventually!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 13:41 

Local Time:
I can only say that this is disappointing. It was a match that I felt Daniela had a good chance to win With the exception of Razzano, all the players that have beaten Daniela this year: Errani, Radwanska, Cornet and Bammer have all been retrievers and counter-punchers. They're players that would make Daniela play that extra shot and would test her confidence and concentration. In her previous losses this year, Daniela had at least been competitive, but this seems like a going over. It seems like Bammer played well because her serving stats were incredible at 79% first serves in winning 76% and winning 56% of second serves which were easily the best serving stats for the WTA games. Martin said that Daniela said she had problems reading Bammer's serve and Daniela's returning was probably as much a factor there as Bammer's serves. Daniela got 67% but only won 53% of them and the second serve was her achilles heel again as she only won 37% of them. It's difficult to assess this match without having seen it or read a detailed report and Bammer's form since the US Open had been pretty dismal, so it's difficult to say what exactly happened. Bammer could have zoned in and been amazing which judging by the stats is possible, but Bammer probably played well and she has been playing well this tournament while Daniela didn't play that well.

Bammer did reach the semis here two years ago, I'd like her to repeat that.

Daniela's overcome far worse crises than this in the past. All she needs is to get a good win to get her confidence back. Daniela hasn't lost to a really bad player for a while and she showed her fighting spirit against Wickmayer; but equally, it's been a while since she's beaten a good player. Her form is in tennis purgatory. Miami's next and I don't expect too much there given her record there but a win or two would be great and after Miami she has nothing to defend until New Haven so she has a lot of tournaments where she's going to gain points and ranking with every win. I'm not expecting an awful lot on clay as it's Daniela's weakest surface but even getting a win or two per tournament will help the rankings. I am looking forward to the grass season as Daniela's turned her season around on grass quite a few times. There's also the doubles and I'm sure that Daniela & Ai will do well and good wins there will help with the confidence.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 16:35 

Local Time:
I'm with you chungwit. Hope for a improvement in the upcoming tournaments.

Of course that draw was a great chance for Daniela to make a good run. But on the other hand, after seeing the "originally draw", I would have been very happy with that result in IW.

When looking at the results of the last years in Miami I don't expect a good run there. A very tough draw is very likely.
But good luck.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 16:45 

Local Time:
On reflection, even if she had beaten Bammer, I don't think she would have had much of a chance against Ivanovic. Although the Serb is also out of form, she is in better form than Daniela and is probably more consistent at the moment, and I think that would have been enough to get her through to the semi-finals. Plus, Ivanovic has a fairly convincing head-to-head against Daniela now aswell, and this would have also helped her.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 16:46 

Local Time:
well,she lost.unexpected scoreline.worrying season until now
and going to miami and clay,bad prospects

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 19:39 

Local Time:
well,she lost.unexpected scoreline.worrying season until now
and going to miami and clay,bad prospects

If she is in good form then she can do ok on clay, like in 2007, when she got to the latter stages of the tournament in Rome. I am quite looking forward to the clay season just because she missed so much last year.
With regards Miami, she will be unseeded (right?) which means she could get a good draw if she is put into a section with some of the weaker seeds. Obviously the opposite is true aswell. I just think it is her time to do well in Miami after so many poor results.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 20:29 

Local Time:
I just think it is her time to do well in Miami after so many poor results.[/b]

from your mouth and to the god's ear
most possible 32 seed.srebotnik is for sure out,and according tennisforum,sharapova and petrova are also out(but not confirmed yet)

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 20:52 

Local Time:
I just think it is her time to do well in Miami after so many poor results.[/b]

from your mouth and to the god's ear
most possible 32 seed.srebotnik is for sure out,and according tennisforum,sharapova and petrova are also out(but not confirmed yet)

aren't they confirmed? I think they are. I am pretty sure TBE has posted that all three have withdrawn!

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 21:45 

Local Time:
Some of Daniela's post-match quotes concern me. Surely she can't believe that her game is "working pretty well" given the poor performances this season.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 22:46 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 09:59
I didn't get to see any video of this match, but a loss is always disappointing. I really hope Daniela's confidence improves because it would help her for sure.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. March 2009 12:48 

Local Time:
Well she hasn't lost in the 1st round since the 1st week of the season in Brisbane, which means that she's is always getting some points. I think that it's encouraging that Daniela thinks that her game is going well as this indicates that she is happy with a training sessions, i just don't think she's managed to produce it off court yet...i believe Daniela will be inside the top 20 by Wimbledon...

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. March 2009 15:58 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 15:59
Yeah I think she's improving...and we see that she's a fighter now...
Let's just hope that miracle for the draw in Miami and I'm hoping that she will surprise...
maybe in Miami (were everyone says that Daniela lost in earlier rounds there) will be her first 3 straight win...why not?! ;)
I also agree that she will be in the top 20..she should be in that range...right guys?! ;)

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 386 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next