Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 235 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships, Dubai
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 16:27 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 01:47
Wow amazing draw but we'll see if she can take advantage.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 16:42 

Local Time:
It's the best draw Daniela could have for the first round, but given the circumstances,
third round is the best she can do at this tournament.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 16:50 

Local Time:
3rd round is still good in my eyes. But I would love it in so many ways if she beat Safina.
First, beating the world number 2, great confidence boost for DH.
Secondly, of course extra ranking points
Thirdly, keeping Safina away from the number 1 position. I don't want a lot of number 1s this year, and def. not Safina. The Australian Open ruined it for me even though she made the final.

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 17:51 

Local Time:
She should be ok for the first round, unless her opponent plays a match of her life and DH keeps making UEs. Otherwise, I can't see any reason she can't reach the second round.

And then Peer or Anna, I really don't know what to say. Daniela's form is good but their forms are also up and down lately although Peer has just reach a SF this week. I feel like this possible match up could go either way, depends on who makes less UEs ;) ;) ;) . At the moment, I really don't want to see any further than this.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 18:55 

Local Time:
Really good draw when looking at the entry list.

I only saw Voegele once. That was in Fed Cup. She is a talented player, but normally shouldn't be a real problem for Daniela.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 19:02 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 00:47
This may well be a good draw for this tournament but I am not so sure we would all be so positive if she had this draw for a WTA International event. I agree Voegele should be an easy enough match for Daniela, but I'm not so sure about Chakvetadze or Peer. Chakvetadze seems to play good matches against Daniela and Peer has just had quite a good week in Pattaya City. As for Safina (most likely) in the third round, I don't see how Daniela could possibly get past her considering her current form. It would involve beating a very consistent player, who has lots of confidence, and winning three matches in a row, two things I don't think Daniela is capable of doing at the moment (she hasn't won three matches in a row since Indian Wells 2008!). Beyond Safina there is Zvonareva (who is in great form), so I'm not too optimistic for next week.
Of course, I hope that I am proven wrong.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 19:16 

Local Time:
As everyone's been saying, this is a really good draw. Voegele's not in Daniela's class and Daniela should win this easily. Voegele hasn't won a main draw match in her career although she did take a set from Pennetta at the US Open but Dulko beat her pretty easily in Hobart and Dulko's the only top player she'd faced this year.

Chakvetadze and Peer have both given Daniela tough matches in the past, but neither of them have been in good recent form although Peer did get to the semi in Pattaya. Both are players that Daniela can beat, especially if she plays like she did against Makarova or in the first set against Cornet, but they've been difficult opponents for Daniela, so it won't be easy.

Whatever Daniela does against Safina is a bonus but Daniela has the winning record and has won the last three matches. Daniela has to get there first and one match at a time.

Daniela's playing with Ai in the doubles. They're seeded 5th and are playing Kops-Jones & Yuhlirova in the first round. They're seeded to meet Peschke & Raymond in the quarters.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 19:44 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 18:47
i didn't want daniela to get a bad draw. a win is a win. any win can boost her confidence. i think this will be a good draw to gain confidence in by having to work her way up. other times she might get a more challenging opponent and then an easier one or something like that. now she first gets an up-and-commer, then potentially a previous top 20 player and then potentially a top 5 player. its good because we can see where her form is. top 125 (Voegele-122) top 50 (Peer- 48) or top 5 (Safina- 2). we will see

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 20:40 

Local Time:
What do you know, the draw turned out ok! Voegele first and foremost though

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 20:40 

Local Time:
i didn't want daniela to get a bad draw. a win is a win. any win can boost her confidence. i think this will be a good draw to gain confidence in by having to work her way up. other times she might get a more challenging opponent and then an easier one or something like that. now she first gets an up-and-commer, then potentially a previous top 20 player and then potentially a top 5 player. its good because we can see where her form is. top 125 (Voegele-122) top 50 (Peer- 48) or top 5 (Safina- 2). we will see

If she gets Chakvetadze in round 2 then that would be a former top-five opponant too.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. February 2009 09:39 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 02:47
Hantuchova vs Chakvetadze? I'd love to see it happen.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 15. February 2009 10:55 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 10:47

If she gets Chakvetadze in round 2 then that would be a former top-five opponant too.

Chaka's form has been all over the place for quite some time now. I wouldn't have any idea who to tip if Daniela actually ends up playing her XD

EDIT: I just checked my tv guide and i couldn't find any tennis at all on Fox Sports (i live in Australia). Just wondering if there's another outlet for me to watch any of Daniela's games... although i suspect that her first game won't be broadcast, regardless. Just saying this because i noticed in the intro post that Fox Sports was supposed to be broad casting it -- in Australia anyway.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

hellene fan
PostPosted: 15. February 2009 12:27 

Local Time:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2009 13:21 

Local Time:
Ayumi Morita replaces Peer (denial of visa), so if Daniela goes through to round 2 she will play Chakvetadze[15] or Morita[LL].

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2009 15:11 

Local Time:
That's just awful for the tournament to deny peer...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 235 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next