Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 06:37 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 23:31
Well, dont think serena is looking for danka, she's just smashing the ball away. Please daniela hold to at least have a 6-4 second set :P

I'm not saying that Serena is making on purpose but normally players raise their hands in a way to "apologize"
Oh , it was an easy match for the WS .. Ai's serve got broken 4 times in 4 turns of serve .
Well , nr26 in doubles isn't so bad after all , and winning to the nr 1 in doubles can give her confidence to singles :)
Congratulations Hantuyama for reaching this far when no one was expecting :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 06:40 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 20:31
Well, dont think serena is looking for danka, she's just smashing the ball away. Please daniela hold to at least have a 6-4 second set :P

I'm not saying that Serena is making on purpose but normally players raise their hands in a way to "apologize"
Oh , it was an easy match for the WS .. Ai's serve got broken 4 times in 4 turns of serve .
Well , nr26 in doubles isn't so bad after all , and winning to the nr 1 in doubles can give her confidence to singles :)
Congratulations Hantuyama for reaching this far when no one was expecting :)
Yes, youre right. But serena is "rude" in that way. Im glad they made it this far :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 06:44 

Local Time:
Ai is all weepy, she must be dissapointed :( Danka said some really sweet things about Ai :D

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 06:46 

Local Time:
Yes, youre right. But serena is "rude" in that way. Im glad they made it this far :)

Oh , I just hate the Williams ! I want them to die :lol:
Daniela was SOOOOOOOO cute in that short statement .. The way she spoked about Sugiyama was just so , i don't know .. true ? I really think that Ai it's a great influence on Daniela , and I love it .

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 06:49 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 01:31
First of all, congratulations for the success in double.
About the final, I don't think they play bad (but they played better in the SF), the Sisters are just too strong for them and they just couldn't find the way out. I really hope Daniela can take many positives from the double to get on single. Anyway, she looks a bit pissed of at the ceremony. :lol: :lol:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 06:53 

Local Time:
Yes, danka was kinda pissed. Maybe at herself for some silly mistakes, and at Serena for using her as target practice :lol: But she really seems to care about Ai, "sugi" she called her. Hope they keep playing like this and win several titles this year :D

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 07:07 

Local Time:
Just to have an idea of the difference of power between both teams .. The average speed of 1st serves from the Williams was higher than Hantuyama's FASTEST serve .
The average serve from Williams was at 172km and the Fastest from Hantuyama's was 166km , with an average of 154km .
Even losing, they made less UE (19-20)

Sugi will be nr3 and Daniela will be nr17 in next rankings, so they'll be higher seeds in RG if they play together .
Venus will be 11th and Serena 13th , while Black and Huber mantain the 1st place .

Last edited by ArturJFC on 2. February 2009 05:01, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 07:15 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 00:31
Good effort by Daniela and Ai, but the power of the Williams' prevailed, especially on serve, where Ai's was just getting picked off. But Daniela can take a lot from this run and it has to give her a lot of confidence for singles and Hantuyama can look forward to doing very well this year.

God, what a boorish yob Serena is: constantly blasted the ball at Daniela (and sometimes Ai) when she has the entire court to aim for. Of course Serena's not sorry, if she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't. And what was that "the opponents" in the speech afterwards.

Daniela, as always, was charming and gracious in her speech and showed what a great person she is.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 07:29 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 02:31
For some reason, I'm relieved to see most of us aren't Williams fans, I can't say I am. They seemed to be carelessly aiming towards Ai and Daniela on purpose tonight from the volleys. Our team lost, but I'm proud of them for making it to the finals. Actually, I'd be proud of Daniela no matter what her results..

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 08:27 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 10:31
they were just too powerful, Daniela and Ai played well but it just wasn't meant to be, still a great tournament though :)
one thing that annoyed me were the damn channel 7 commentators, i dont get why they only love the William's sisters, especially Serena, they hardly even talked about Daniela and Ai, it was just frustrating, i mean it not even like Serena or Venus are aussie so why be so one sided in the commentary? haha thats my bit :P

great speech by Daniela as well, really nice words about Ai :)

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 12:20 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 00:31
The power game of the Williams sisters has always been a problem for Daniela in singles so in doubles I didnt expect much different and the Williams sisters record in doubles finals speaks for itself but nonetheless to reach the final after not playing together for so long is a brilliant achievement

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 12:24 

Local Time:
one thing that annoyed me were the damn channel 7 commentators, i dont get why they only love the William's sisters, especially Serena, they hardly even talked about Daniela and Ai, it was just frustrating, i mean it not even like Serena or Venus are aussie so why be so one sided in the commentary? haha thats my bit :P

Don't get me started on channel 7 commentators. They have this commentator called Sandy Roberts and he's just some cookie cutter sport reporter. He adds absolutely nothing to the commentary and usually just ends up re-reading the scores or some irrelevant statistic. What's more annoying is when he feeds off of the other commentator he's in the booth with. Like the other night, when Safina was playing Dokic. He made some comment about Safina's serve - how she hits the ball when it's on the way down from the toss as opposed to having a smaller ball toss and hitting it on the way up. He literally just re-worded what Tracey Austin said about 5 minutes before that -- Infuriating!!

As for the favouritism in the commentary. Tracey Austin who commentated for what i think was all of the doubles match today is American, right? So that kinda explains it.

I've complained about the Williams sisters before, so obviously i'm not a huge fan... but i don't think they can be criticised for going for the net player. It's a play that frequently comes into use in doubles.

As for how Daniela played. For the most part it was kinda disappointing. She had her moments but i just felt she could be more aggressive, not just at the net but from the baseline. I don't think i saw her fire a single shot down the line despite the Williams sisters pretty consistently poaching the net.

Oh well, onto the next tournament. Hopefully her doubles results this week will translate into some good singles play.

Did anyone notice that Daniela paused during her speech? She sorta looked a bit stunned when she did it. Just wondering if anyone knows why.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 12:42 

Local Time:
they were just too powerful, Daniela and Ai played well but it just wasn't meant to be, still a great tournament though :)

Uggh. Don't get me started on that a-hole Todd Woodbridge. All he does is criticise Daniela and basically blames her everytime for Ai losing her service game. Even when he does the commentary for Bali, he always rips into Daniela's game and criticises it.

Did anyone notice that Daniela paused during her speech? She sorta looked a bit stunned when she did it. Just wondering if anyone knows why.

I thought her microphone went off for a moment, like the power got cut. Anyway, it was a nice little speech. I'm annoyed too at Serena referring to Daniela and Ai as "opponents" (though Venus was nice enough to actually name them) so I'm glad that Daniela pegged a ball at her shoulder during the second set. :twisted:

All in all, it wasn't a bad performance from Daniela and Ai. I think had they won some of the more crucial points, the match could have swayed differently. Daniela did retreat a few times from the net, but who could blame her if she was likely to get hit by one of those Williams balls - although I remember a couple of times she back pedaled but the Williams shot wasn't as huge and she could have returned it, but because she was scared of getting hit, she couldn't get a good hit on the ball.

Anyway, I'm glad they made the final and won some really excellent and exciting matches along the way, notably their QF match. Hopefully she gains some confidence from this and uses it in her next tournament.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 13:07 

Local Time:
Uggh. Don't get me started on that a-hole Todd Woodbridge. All he does is criticise Daniela and basically blames her everytime for Ai losing her service game. Even when he does the commentary for Bali, he always rips into Daniela's game and criticises it.

I actually don't mind Todd Woodbridge. I think some of his criticisms were justified.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 13:31 

Local Time:

I actually don't mind Todd Woodbridge. I think some of his criticisms were justified.

Yeah, I would agree that some of his criticisms are constructive, but he rarely credits Daniela's game. I recall in one of the games he basically insinuated that Ai was being broken all the time because Daniela wasn't helping her out. There's just nothing really positive that he says about Daniela, and as a fan, hearing him criticise her most of the time, becomes annoying.

I'll whole-heartedly agree with you about Sandy Roberts though. He really is just all statistics. I can pretty much predict what he'll say next: "Her fastest serve this tournament was 172km/h"; "She's won 65% of points whenever she gets her first ball in play". And then he'll casually throw in the score and tell us what the score is, when its blatantly obvious on the screen.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next