Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
Author Enter your Message here

banned
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 17. January 2009 04:45 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 21:20
I don't know what it is she'll do here at the AO. I watched coverage of Sydney just now. It makes me feel bad watching her. I don't know what to think anymore.

Seems like she could have won. So why the errors? She looks healthy anyways. That is a plus. In the interview she seemed relaxed and "confident". hmm. I am confused.

Has she given up? I've heard she gave up.

Watching the Errani v Dellacqua match, it doesn't look like Dellacqua has much more consistancy than Daniela. Dellacqua doesn't make the points though.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 17. January 2009 08:30 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 12:20
daniela will play on monday in rod laver arena at 19:30 local time
first match in night session,live on esp

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2009 12:30 

Local Time:
Hopefully Daniela's match will be shown on BBC interative at 8:30am on Monday

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 17. January 2009 18:38 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 13:20
Mondays Schedule, January 19

Roda Laver Arena
1. (01.00 CET) Andy Roddick vs. Bjorn Rehnquist
2. Jelena Jankovic vs. Yvonne Meusburger
3. Andrea Stoppini vs. Novak Djokovic
4. (09.30 h CET) Daniela Hantuchova vs. Casey Dellacqua
5. Andreas Seppi vs. Roger Federer

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2009 20:02 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:20
It's a match that we should all be able to see even if it is just on livestreams but it should be on tv most places - that's the benefit of Daniela playing an Australian.

It's going to be important that Daniela takes the crowd out of the match as the support of the crowd was a big factor in Dellacqua's win on Laver against Mauresmo last year as it gave her a lot of motivation and encouragement to fight back, while it seemed to affect Mauresmo.
Dellacqua raised her level at the slams last year as she came back from a set down in her three AO wins a year ago and she beat Bartoli at Roland Garros & Schnyder at Wimbledon, so she won't be easy for Daniela to put away. However, Dellacqua's recent form and her slam performances prior to last year have been pretty modest. Daniela's play will determine the outcome as she should win if she plays well, but if she plays badly or Dellacqua's inspired which she could well be, then it'll be tougher.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

banned
PostPosted: 17. January 2009 20:16 

Local Time:
ESPNHD starts coverage when she goes on court. They may just show previous matches though. They do that sometimes. I shouldn't be up that late anyhow. :sleep: I guess it's sort of inevitable.

This is the Dellacqua Medibank match against Errani

media master
PostPosted: 17. January 2009 21:17 

Local Time:
difficult first opponent, she will have the crowd after her, beat some big names last year at the AO

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. January 2009 02:05 

Local Time:
If I remember correctly, Dellacqua is a hard hitting player.She is overhyped by Australian media so you could read somewhere how good she was while in reality she was not. All I remember about her that she is a lefty and hits forehand with a load of topspin.
Apropos of nothing, but why is the Margaret Court Arena not just called the Margaret Court?
I was wondering about that myself when I first heard the name of the court. :lol:

banned
PostPosted: 18. January 2009 05:25 

Local Time:
68% of the money is on Daniela.

Better than
Vaidisova, Nicole v Bremond, Severine
1.425 65% ............ 2.697 35%

(Servine beat Vaidisova in the 08 US Open 7-5 6-3)

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. January 2009 13:32 

Local Time:
somebody on cp has been to the Aus Open this weekend and seen Daniela practice. To make a long story short, apparently Angel is with her but also that new guy

it was soo funny i was standing next to her and Angel (I saw him haha) talking and kissing ppl on the cheek that she knew and said "happy new year" to one of 'em, it was so cute to hear her laugh

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2009 14:15 

Local Time:
Doubles draw is out; Hantuchova and Sugiyama are in the same quarter as Black and Huber, the top seeds.

Black/Huber[1] v Azarenka/Zvonareva[13]
Hantuchova/Sugiyama[9] v Chuang/Sun[8]
-
Peschke/Raymond[3] v Cirstea/Niculescu[14]
Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez[11] v Yan/Zheng[6]
-
Kirilenko/Pennetta[7] v Dellacqua/Schiavone[12]
Poutchek/Rodionova[15] v A.Bondarenko/K.Bondarenko[4]
-
Stosur/Stubbs[5] v S.Williams/V.Williams[10]
Hsieh/Peng[16] v Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual[2]

Daniela and Ai have relatively easy first and second round opponants, so reaching the R16 shouldn't be a problem. However, potentially Chuang and Peng, seeded 8, would be tough third round opponants, and beyond that would most likely be the top seeds, Black and Huber. As long as Daniela gets a couple of wins under her belt then I think it will help her in her singles campaign.

Highlight of the first round: Serena Williams and Venus Williams [10] v Svetlana Kuznetsova and Nadia Petrova.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2009 19:32 

Local Time:
Apropos of nothing, but why is the Margaret Court Arena not just called the Margaret Court?
I was wondering about that myself when I first heard the name of the court. :lol:

Should be called the Margaret Court Court.

This is a match that I feel quite apprehensive about. I don't think that Dellacqua is that great a player, but Daniela's form isn't great and the slam wins that Dellacqua had last year were against superior players who weren't confident or playing well. Mauresmo's results in the later half of 2007 weren't good, Bartoli's form before Roland Garros was dire while Schnyder's Wimbledon record is terrible. If Daniela was in better form and more confident, I'd feel a lot better about this match.

Also, I've mentioned before how Daniela's 2007 & 2008 were like 2002 & 2003. In 2004, Daniela made an early AO exit to an Australian so let's hope she breaks the cycle.

I feel if Daniela wins this, she'll go on a good run. I feel nervous because this match is so important for her ranking and confidence and is really important for setting up the rest of the year.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 18. January 2009 19:36 

Local Time:
I feel if Daniela wins this, she'll go on a good run. I feel nervous because this match is so important for her ranking and confidence and is really important for setting up the rest of the year.

100% same feelings as you

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2009 19:41 

Local Time:
I think win or lose it will be a great relief when the new rankings come out as Daniela will then have no pressure on herself as the rest of her results in 2008 were farily modest. So there is then great opportunity to build the points back up. But I agree, it would be a nice kick-start to both her year and her race ranking if she could go on a run here. I'm just not sure she can beat Cornet in the form she is in at the moment.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2009 23:32 

Local Time:

Interesting and comical online magazine - and this month (the first issue) is an Aus Open special.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next