HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 45  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 18:40 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 14:01
They double up the point or what?

Do you guys agree with the new ranking system?

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 18:42 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 08:01
Well I got to see the repeat and it wasn't pretty but it got the job done! Some good points in the tiebreak,nice touches at the net(when she could be bothered to go up there) and much more solid serving than I'm used to-the court is really helping her kick serve.

Interesting tidbit from Sam Smith on commentary-apparently Daniela is going nuts in the gym with the heavy weights and is on the Etcheberry fitness program,which is incredibly harsh.

If it's any consolation Christina,you should know that John Lloyd was being a worldclass f*ckwit in the commentary box,denigrating Daniela at any oppurtunity.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 18:58 

Local Time:

re-live the match,i have subscribed to eurosport player.it works.
i will log out tommorow morning

Site Admin
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 20:41 

Local Time:
Interesting tidbit from Sam Smith on commentary-apparently Daniela is going nuts in the gym with the heavy weights and is on the Etcheberry fitness program,which is incredibly harsh.

well she might not be playing her best, but she seems to be fighting and I think she meant every word when she said she wants to reach the YEC. She fought hard in the match, and if it is true that she is on that program it just further strengthen the theory. Hopefully all this determination will pay off soon.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 21:40 

Local Time:
Don't get me wrong,I'm all in favour of Daniela putting in the hard work on the fitness front and it seems to have paid off today. The point Sam was making was that it was extremely unusual for a player to be putting this kind of work in now,as opposed to the off-season;Sam seemed to feel that this suggested that Daniela had little expectations of this tournament and was already looking ahead to the rest of the season.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 22:30 

Local Time:
Was at work all the day. Just watched what I recorded. Can't say much about the first set, expect the tie-break. Many UEs, but a good fighting spirit and a great mental performance in that situation IMO.
Second set wasn't too bad. Many great winners from Casey, but also Daniela was playing more consistant. I think when she plays like this in the second round, there shouldn't be any problems to reach the 3rd round.
Also very strong from Daniela was the last game. 0:40 down after a crap decision of Lang. We often saw that Daniela struggled when serving out the match, but not today. That was very strong IMO and a good sign aswell.
That win should give her a lot of confidence for the next round(s).

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

banned
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 23:35 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 17:01
167 KMH was the fastest serve.

really? i swear i saw a 176km/h serve during that first set.

anyway, her serve was effective enough today. a few good aces here and there. definitely room for improvement.
Fastest serve that was playable.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2009 00:39 

Local Time:
|25. April 2024| 01:01
Well, I stringently stayed away from this and all tennis sites so that I could watch the match in full after I returned home from work. After nearly passing out twice during the tiebreak, I could stand no more and had to peak in to get the full result. It made watching the second set much easier.

To me, this was a middle of the road performance from Daniela. She still had the major unforced error problems that we have talked about for a while. On the positive side, she hit way more good to great shots than she usually does. When was the last time she had seven aces in a two set match?! Some of the points on the tiebreak, most notably the well-place ace at 5-6 and the great extension on the passing shot at 9-10 were brilliant. There were too many poor moments for it to be a peak-level performance, but there were plenty of glimpses of it. All in all, I think we have to be satisfied with her performance and the win. She should settle in nicely to the tournament now as her next singles and doubles match should not prove too much of a challenge (hopefully ;) ). A couple of other miscellaneous notes:
-Allison Lange should not be officiating anymore.
- With the new point structure, winning in round one is worth a marginal 95 points. A round two win is only worth a marginal 65 points, so this was a big win from a rankings perspective.
- Not that we ever have had reason to question her work ethic, but it's great to have it reinforced that she's working really hard.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 20. January 2009 01:22 

Local Time:
also Daniela didn't complain much about losing that point due to the challenge. I think that is something she has learnt recently. She often complaints, well used to, but here she almost immediately just moved on. I like that.

Though still room for a lot of improvement, there are small things here and there that I really like, and they make me a bit more optimistic about the 2009 season

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2009 02:13 

Local Time:
Radwanska just dropped the first set to Kateryna Bondarenko 7-6 (9-7). That was one very sloppy set with Radwanska being uncharacteristically error prone.

Dementieva just won her first set 7-6 (7-4). For a player I've barely heard of, Kristina Barrois looked pretty good. She even led 5-2* and had a match point at *5-3. Dementieva had more issues with her serve (4 doubles), but didn't play as bad as that scoreline makes it appear.
I didn't see much of it, but Barrois won the second set 6-2. Potential huge upset in the making, here?

These two matches are going in opposite directions. Dementieva is finding her form and is up 4-0. While Radwanska is playing absolutely awful; she has over forty errors and is down *5-0 herself. Where was that form when Daniela needed it?

banned
PostPosted: 20. January 2009 03:28 

Local Time:
Radwanska just dropped the first set to Kateryna Bondarenko 7-6 (9-7). That was one very sloppy set with Radwanska being uncharacteristically error prone.

Dementieva just won her first set 7-6 (7-4). For a player I've barely heard of, Kristina Barrois looked pretty good. She even led 5-2* and had a match point at *5-3. Dementieva had more issues with her serve (4 doubles), but didn't play as bad as that scoreline makes it appear.
I didn't see much of it, but Barrois won the second set 6-2. Potential huge upset in the making, here?

It was 7-6 2-6 6-1
All she had to do was show up.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. January 2009 03:44 

Local Time:
Well done Daniela ! :mrgreen:

I'm very happy not to have seen all the match live. I would have had a heart attack. :D I recorded it and I watched it later. But I saw live the two last games and... what a stress ! :shock:

Daniela made an incredible point to save Casey's fifth or sixth set point in the first set. :shock:

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Last edited by Fab on 20. January 2009 04:37, edited 1 time in total.

banned
PostPosted: 20. January 2009 04:00 

Local Time:
I would kind of prefer to be able to see the match live. ESPNHD starts up with the match and then cuts off my match for crap that has been previously recorded. What is the point in starting a match if it isn't even what they wanted to show? I sit down for the intended live coverage and I don't want to see anything else inbetween or overtop.

With ATDHE.NET or channelsurfing I don't even have to watch the commercials. It's the same pans and shots but I also see changes (and I don't miss anything for the time lag). Quality is crap of course, and so I go from the TV to the internet and back and forth and so on. Very tiring just to check if the TV came back or not.

As for ESP, I couldn't get this. I assume it's the same baby version of TV only with commentary. It could be interesting if it is a former professional but these things are usually get kind of iffy and so I usually just turn of the sound (corny joking, bad guessing and the like -- all in poor taste). What really pisses me off is when they just show Patrick MacEnroe picking his nose or some other frivoulousness while that Pam whoever stares at the camera googlly eyed and makes the comments of some sweet idiot in love, when they should be showing matches they are obligated to show while they have the chance. Log on, log off. I guess I wouldn't want to pay for it anyways (if I did then I'd have to watch it every day). The thing doesn't even like my browser besides it never being available ever (if I got Windows it would probably totaly screw my computer up right away). I'd probably sign for it, against my better judgement, if it'd let me.

Last edited by today on 20. January 2009 06:38, edited 6 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2009 05:20 

Local Time:
Elena Baltacha just won the first set against Anna-Lena Groenefeld 6-1.
It's safe to say that the Groenefeld who beat Daniela at the US Open and played like Serena Williams was some kind of impostor. That's the worst kind of draw luck when you get a low seed who plays the match of her life.

#999 Kristina Mladenovic just won the first set from #14 Patty Schnyder 6-2. Schnyder is literally twice the age of her opponent. Schnyder had zero winners in the first set; I cannot say I have ever seen that before.

And Baltacha wins five straight games in the second set to win 6-1, 6-4. Bye-bye, Anna :wink:

banned
PostPosted: 20. January 2009 06:49 

Local Time:
What do they say is: one in the hand, worth two in the bush? I know somebody won't pick up on this. My intention is not to comfound you.

A win is a win. A loss is a loss. Not saying they planned it this way...but you can smell it in the wind. vamos. vamos

log, sin, cos ...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 45  Next