Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 08:15 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 11:18
fantastic result for the girls :)
bring on the semi finals!! :D

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

blue webmaster
 Post subject: Re: ATP World Tour Tennis Season 2009
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 09:16 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 01:18
wooooow :shock: :mrgreen:

I went to bed after the first set (I mean, I had to go to school hours later (that's where I am right now) and can't stay up all night), but now I regret that I have been sleeping during this epic tennis drama with the best end for Ai and Daniela.

But thanks to your great posts and nigel's scores I can imagine how close and tight it must have been.
And I would love to see the tiebreak, too. But I guess recording a flash-livestream isn't that easy.. pity.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 12:02 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 03:18
I wish I had watched that match! Last set was so amazing! It was lots of spectacular moments, many turning points. And the ending was just thrilling. Nice to see Daniela fighting! Big congratz on Ai too!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 13:06 

Local Time:
If this kind of win doesn't give Daniela (and Ai) confidence in their singles then I don't know what will. A great match from all four players, with high-quality points throughout.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 13:41 

Local Time:
I ended up missing the majority of the Zvonereva vs. Bartoli match (snooze fest as someone dubbed it) because i couldn't leave MCA. That match was insanely good. I got some tickets for christmas, for RLA day session for today and i was so lucky!! I don't think i would ever have bought a ground pass just to go in and watch the doubles. Daniela and Ai were just amazing. People have said previous -- it's moments like this that make being a fan all worth it, even if it was doubles :P

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 14:09 

Local Time:
Wow! That was a nice surprise to see this result this morning. I watched part of the first set last night, after Dani and Ai led 3-0 and got pegged back to 5-5, I gave in then and went to bed as there only seemed to be one winner and it was so frustrating watching error after error by Daniela. I felt sorry for Ai as she hardly put a foot wrong.

Nice work! :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 14:16 

Local Time:
I managed to catch the end of the final set. When I came in it was 2-5 and unlike what you said Wyle I dont think Daniela made more than a couple of errors in the final few games. Both ladies from what I saw played very very well at the death and its a great win and they now become the highest seeded pair in the draw, but the Williams sisters are lurking in the other Semi Final

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 14:16 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 02:18
OMG great doubles win! Hope they will meet (and beat) the Williamses in the Final ;)

Safina beat Dokic 64 46 64 altough she played crappy

I think Danka would have had a chance to reach the SF if she would have overcome Cornet.

I'm not sure about Safina. I thought Women's Tennis is over when Jankovic got the Nr 1 Spot. Altough Safina's playing bad, i think she's a worthy Nr 1. She has improved sooo much mentally and she nearly wins every match. But Zvonareva will be a tough cookie.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 14:32 

Local Time:
I'm not sure about Safina. I thought Women's Tennis is over when Jankovic got the Nr 1 Spot. Altough Safina's playing bad, i think she's a worthy Nr 1. She has improved sooo much mentally and she nearly wins every match. But Zvonareva will be a tough cookie.

I think Safina is more deserving of the number 1 spot than Jankovic going on the past twelve months, but really no player in the top-five at present is worthy of world number 1 status.
Safina will edge Zvonareva in that semi-final match I think, and I'm predicting Williams in the other half of the draw.
Two slam finals within one year would be a good effort from Safina, especially considering where she was in the game just a few years back.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 16:29 

Local Time:

I think Safina is more deserving of the number 1 spot than Jankovic going on the past twelve months, but really no player in the top-five at present is worthy of world number 1 status.
Safina will edge Zvonareva in that semi-final match I think, and I'm predicting Williams in the other half of the draw.
Two slam finals within one year would be a good effort from Safina, especially considering where she was in the game just a few years back.

Agree. I'm not sure about the Finalist in the bottom Half. I really think she could upset Serena again, but even tough she battled past Dina in their last 3 meetings, i think she's mentally to weak compared to Safina. She would make more UE's than usual and Dinara surely would take advantage of that. But first Safina has to overcome Zvonareva. She lost to her 3 straight times in straight sets on hardcourt, similar to Bartoli's record vs. Zvonareva (and look was Zvonareva did with her).

I'd never thought Safina would go that far in her (young) career. Her 2007 was crappy and her start to 2008 even more crappy. I thought a headcase stays a headcase (Danka :oops: ) but she proved me wrong.

<3

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 16:30 

Local Time:
Off topic: Will she play Fed Cup?

<3

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 17:28 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 03:18
I almost ripped my hair out watching the doubles match from yesterday, it was incredible, but also very suspenseful. It was hard to believe they came back from four match points like that!

banned
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 19:02 

Local Time:
I thought a headcase stays a headcase (Danka :oops: ) but she proved me wrong.

I wouldn't call Danka a headcase. I saw the match yesterday and she was a bit irritated by the performance but I also thought there was a good attitude that she was trying to maintain. Her emotions are not consistant with your killer instinct. I think her interactions w/ Sugi are positive (the benefit of doubles partners is that the support each other right there on the court). Sugi seemed supportive of Dankas tactics -- she would make a good coach. I think she enjoyed playing. She was happy and I do enjoy seeing that. If it is just rare I do, for all of my watching, I guess it is worth the times I do see the great ones.

If there ever was a stumbling block (other than words, situations, the duplicity and selfconscience). OK maybe you did get one yet . . .

Despite the UE's she had a presence on the court. I'd love to see that passion take off in career. Winning is nothing to complain about, of course. Had they not won, I would still say she had that presence on the court. I'm seeing winning as really super for the two of them. It suprised me and it looked like it suprised them too.

The crowd did piss me off at times. Who ever it was that was yelling, it didn't even seem like they were cheering. That would have messed me up thoroughly. No one was Booing but from my standpoint the pieces didn't fit. She didn't let it get to her (not that anyone was trying to bring anyone down). They didn't take the win away, that's for sure.

But then there were points when they really roared. I think that it was making everyone play better. I don't here that kind of enthusiasm in singles matches.

Her memories here be good. I mentioned that if the tennis is making the player happy that will be reflected down the line. She may even forget about her singles! It could just be annoyance compared to her doubles. <Imagine that here.> Now she'll pull out of singles for doubles :o . Stranger things have happened.
I will remember her smiling, laughing, drinking gatorade and being *so beautiful*. And the effort she showed before it was over. The struggle in the Cornet match. That little struggle she carries around. If I forgot something it could come to me.

Blah blah blah. They put it together. As a team I felt like they produced a strategy that covered all their style of play. They know where they get problems. Nothing fancy, just do the job. Brought the attitude to that let them meet their goals in time, adhered to it even when down and out. They didn't give up it. :tape: :chatting: :pray: :jump: :woohoo: They did it. :D Hooray! :hearts:

banned
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 20:37 

Local Time:
I almost ripped my hair out watching the doubles match from yesterday, it was incredible, but also very suspenseful. It was hard to believe they came back from four match points like that!

I kind of got the sense like there was this suspension too. I feel the same thing too. But instead of jumping off the bridge, it was like jumping into a wet dream. It's only keeping a rythym, coincides with the heat and heartbeat. If it didn't collide with the brightness of the sun, it could have. Then still when it ended they had a super win to add together.

If there were a hundred Daniela's . . . but there's just that one. :lol:

Last edited by today on 27. January 2009 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 20:38 

Local Time:
Congratulations ladies,that was a fantastic effort!

I'm beyond pissed at Eurosport,their Eurosport player coverage isn't repeating this fantastic match yet IS repeating the Bepa and Fed snoozefests.

BTW when I talk about Daniela's tenacity,this is the sort of match I mean.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next