Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Medibank International, Sydney
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 06:57 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:34
Wow perfect draw for Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 07:00 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:34
(1)Serena Williams v Samantha Stosur
Sara Errani v Casey Dellacqua
Marion Bartoli v Q
Dominika Cibulkova v (8)Caroline Wozniacki

(3)Elena Dementieva v Ekaterina Makarova
Victoria Azarenka v (wc)Jarmila Gajdosova
Q v Daniela Hantuchova
Sybille Bammer v (6)Agnieszka Radwanska

(5)Svetlana Kuznetsova v Shuai Peng
Kaia Kanepi v Q
Q v Ai Sugiyama
Anabel Medina Garrigues v (4)Vera Zvonareva

(7)Nadia Petrova v Alize Cornet
Maria Kirilenko v Alisa Kleybanova
(wc)Emelyn Starr v Q
Sorana Cirstea v (2)Dinara Safina

It's a very good draw, particularly considering the best qualifiers still left in the field are players like Jill Craybas and Karin Knapp. Nothing can be considered a gimme, though. Should she face Radwanska in round two, that would be very difficult of course but she also could have drawn an even tougher seed.
Daniela and Ai must have used up all their good fortune on the singles draw because they drew Kveta Peschke and Lisa Raymond in round one of doubles.

banned
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 07:22 

Local Time:
|30. March 2024| 00:34
Has Radwanska gotten any better since the last AO?

What is a "Lucky Loser"? Will qualifiers be randomly entered into the main draw?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 12:58 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:34
What is a "Lucky Loser"? Will qualifiers be randomly entered into the main draw?

A lucky loser is someone who has been knocked out of qualifying who is placed in the main draw. The reason they would do that is if someone pulls out of the main draw they need to be replaced, so in that instance a lucky loser takes their place.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 13:21 

Local Time:
A good draw for Daniela, especially since she SHOULD beat any of the qualifiers, meaning a place in the second round against most likely a top-ten player, which will be a good test for her game. Out of the 8 seeds I would have definately picked Radwanska for Daniela to meet as I think she can make it a very competitive match, and if she plays well (like at the Australian Open last year), she can win.
We should be particularly grateful for this draw because with the absence of BYES, Daniela could have ended up with Serena Williams in round 1!
Doubles draw for Daniela and Ai is not so good: Peschke and Raymond in the opening round.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 15:38 

Local Time:
very good draw

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 18:22 

Local Time:
OK when looking at the entry list the draw is not too bad, at least the first round.
But on the other hand, qualifiers are never easy to play. Second round against Radwanska will be very difficult and then Dementieva, who won the tournament in Auckland this week.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 18:44 

Local Time:
It may not be Dementieva in the quarter-finals. Azarenka is playing well too, and also won a tournament this week (that had a tougher entry list). I think if Daniela gets through the first round then anything could happen in this quarter of the draw, and I'm sure both Radwanska and Dementieva are very aware of Daniela's presence in their section of the draw.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 18:47 

Local Time:
You'll take a qualifier in the first round and this is a match Daniela should win. There isn't anyone particularly special left in qualifying, but the qualifier will have had some wins here and will be used to the conditions, so shouldn't be underestimated. Daniela's level will decide the match and if she plays well she should win easily enough, but if she doesn't then she'll have problems.

Radwanska or Bammer are going to be a test of Daniela's confidence and shot making as both will get a lot of balls back and make Daniela play the extra shot and both can give Daniela problems, especially in her current form. They'll feel that if Errani can beat Daniela, then they'll beat Daniela. I'd expect Radwanska to beat Bammer and she'd be the tougher opponent as she's more talented and has a greater variety of shots.

Considering who Daniela could have played this is a good draw and a nice opportunity to go on a run and get some form and confidence for the Australian Open but Daniela still has to win her first match and we've got to go by the cliche of one match at a time.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 18:58 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:34
Danka win one match at least... you need some matches under your belt. Come on dani! ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 19:02 

Local Time:
Danka win one match at least... you need some matches under your belt. Come on dani! ;)

Definately needs a win. I feel if she loses in the opening round here then she has a very good chance of doing the same in Melbourne, which would obviously be disastrous for her ranking.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2009 19:17 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:34

Definately needs a win. I feel if she loses in the opening round here then she has a very good chance of doing the same in Melbourne, which would obviously be disastrous for her ranking.

Yes, I dont even want to think about that. And it seems very plausible at the moment. She just needs to get some rhythm in her matches. We can only wish she finds it in Sydney.

banned
PostPosted: 11. January 2009 08:34 

Local Time:
They are playing doubles. Down a set 6-2 1-4.

banned
PostPosted: 11. January 2009 09:11 

Local Time:
6-2 4-6
10-9 in the tiebreak. Very close.

Damn they lost. :(

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. January 2009 11:38 

Local Time:
So guys, i want to say goodbye to everybody. Today in the evening i will fly to Singapur and then i will stay a few days in Sydney (maybe i will watch a few matches there) and at the 18th of January i will arrive in Melbourne. My father and i have ground pass tickets and for one day tickets for Rod laver arena day and night session and for one day tickets for Hisense Arena Day Session.
So i hope i can see a lot of good matches of Daniela and maybe her training and take many pictures and videos of her.

We will "only" watch the first week of the Australian Open, because then we travel to the Great Berrier Reef.
I will be back in Germany at middle February, and then i will upload my pictures.
So let's all hope of a good tournament in Sydney and Melbourne for Daniela.

Many greetings :-) Patti

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next