Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier III Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Tennis.com Zurich Open
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 03:15 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 08:32
this is unforgiving! the fact that Kirilenko is in a slump as well makes Daniela a little more pathetic!

she should retire and spare us from heart attack lol! :lol:
but then again, tennis is not the same without Daniela! :P

Hrdá fanynka Daniely Hantuchovej

Profile YIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 08:25 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 01:32
I wonder is Kirilenko really slumping or is this her normal self?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 17:22 

Local Time:
I wonder is Kirilenko really slumping or is this her normal self?

isn't that what you hate when people say that about Daniela :D

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 19:14 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 00:32
Black/Huber[1] d. Hantuchova/Szavay 6-2 6-3.
What a bad Zurich Open for Daniela.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 19:15 

Local Time:
oh, i just noticed:

BLACK/HUBER[1] def HANTUCHOVA/SZAVAY 6-2 6-3

expected, but sad. Two first round losses in one tournament are heavy..

EDIT: damn, too late ^^

Site Admin
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 19:22 

Local Time:
isn't that what you hate when people say that about Daniela :D :lol:

I think my claim is justified, though. Daniela these days obviously performs way below her abilities, her best results were always indoors and now she can't win two matches in a row at any indoor tournament. Maria's best surface is clay where she usually earns most of her ranking point, fast indoor surfaces don't suit her game as much and that's why imo she is having her average results.

media master
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 21:55 

Local Time:
isn't that what you hate when people say that about Daniela :D :lol:

I think my claim is justified, though. Daniela these days obviously performs way below her abilities, her best results were always indoors and now she can't win two matches in a row at any indoor tournament. Maria's best surface is clay where she usually earns most of her ranking point, fast indoor surfaces don't suit her game as much and that's why imo she is having her average results.

i agree that maria is not as good as she was earlier in the season (3 titles) but she's not that bad on faster courts, she already won Beijing and Kolkata

But Daniela is still a much better player then her, without the confidence problems last months , she probably would have beat her
But last year she was very confident aswell and she lost from her in Kolkata, at the AO this year close win in 3

She annoys me every match more and more (MK)
Especially after a loss with her irritating handshake (if you can call it a 'handshake')

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 23:28 

Local Time:
Kirilenko's always been a cheating little bint. I was at her match against Bartoli in Toronto 05 and Kirilenko was losing so she called for a medical timeout. Five minutes later after the "treatment", Kirilenko was ready to start play when Bartoli said she needed a toilet break and disappeared for about ten minutes making Kirilenko wait. When play restarted Kirilenko lost the set so she went away for a toilet break. When she came back, Bartoli asked for the trainer to come as she needed "treatment", so she made Kirilenko wait for five minutes while her "injury" got treated. It really threw Kirilenko as she was thrashed in the second set and was doing her customary lights are on but nobody's home look as Bartoli was playing better and a lot better at gamesmanship. Kirilenko had no clue what to do so she went to the net and quit. I've never had a high opinion of Kirilenko since.

This loss has bothered me a lot more than any of Daniela's losses in her comeback as Kirilenko is a player that top 10 cailbre players should beat easily. The only good players Kirilenko had beaten this year have been Chakvetadze in Australia and a couple of clay wins against Petrova. Chakvetadaze's form since the 07 US Open and the start of this year, Paris aside, had been pretty poor and Petrova was in terrible form at the time. Almost every time this year when Kirlienko's entered a big tournament ie anything Tier 3 or better, she's lost in the first or second round to the first decent player she's been up against. Kirilenko's having average results because she's an average player, this year's Australian Open is the only time she's gotten to the 4th round of a slam.
I think the heavy losses Daniela had against Zvonareva knocked her confidence a lot and that hurt her in this match. A confident player would cope with disruptions much better as they'd be able to maintain their rhythm and concentration. It shows that Daniela's form isn't great as she'd beat Kirilenko when she's in good form.
We'll see what happens in Luxembourg. Hopefully Daniela can get a decent draw and pick up confidence and momentum and finish the year on a positive note.

She annoys me every match more and more (MK)
Especially after a loss with her irritating handshake (if you can call it a 'handshake')

She losses so often you'd think she'd be good at them.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2008 23:42 

Local Time:
Am I right in thinking that Kirilenko has never lost a WTA Tour final? Yes the events she has won have been lower-tiered tournaments but that is still an impressive statistic considering she has played five finals.
I do of course agree that a fit Daniela is the far better player. Kirilenko only got to the top-twenty in the rankings this year because she had three clay-court titles, a fourth round in the Aus Open and her Asian performances from 2007. As soon as the Asian ranking points were taken off she dropped out of the top thirty. I don't ever see her being a top-10 player.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. October 2008 06:14 

Local Time:
Actually, the little "Masha" is the player I dislike the second just after the big Masha. The way she acts on court is so annoying, especially lately she often took the medical time out. I have never been able to imagine she can reach the top 10 with that "talent". Daniela's confidence has just gone away, otherwise she is clearly the better player.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. October 2008 08:17 

Local Time:
lol I put Kirilenko on my dislike players thread even before the match had begun...her timeouts really annoy me because she imo is using it to deliberately disrupt her opponents rhythm which is very sad.

Daniela: Dinara: Dominika: Marat: Simone

media master
PostPosted: 16. October 2008 13:37 

Local Time:
you hear Azarenka screaming from the other court during Jankovic her match lol :lol:

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Last edited by kallur83 on 16. October 2008 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 16. October 2008 17:42 

Local Time:
not coincidence that the two ''masha" are the best friends

Site Admin
PostPosted: 16. October 2008 19:02 

Local Time:
you here Azarenka screaming from the other court during Jankovic her match lol :lol:

I guess that is the closest I get to "seeing" her great victory today.

when I was in Berlin watching on center court, I could here her too playing on court 2.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2008 19:11 

Local Time:
OMG! How could i forget her?! Go Aga, win Zurich plz!!!!!!!! :P

Nope, Radwanska is out aswell, losing to Srebotnik in three sets.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next