Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Tennis.com Zurich Open
PostPosted: 13. October 2008 20:05 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 00:48
asj01 can you explain the phrase ridiculous season?

Daniela doesn't seem to have thought the latter part of her 2008 season through. She has played a full schedule as if she was never injured, and has just "jumped in at the deep end" after months out of action. She would have been far better playing fewer tournaments and having longer breaks in between to re-focus on the upcoming tournament. Take a Lindsay Davenport attitude as oppose to a Jelena Jankovic attitude. It is like she has steamrolled through the latter part of the season since Wimbledon, playing as much as possible, without letting her body and mind recover. I think this is why her results have been so poor.

media master
PostPosted: 13. October 2008 20:33 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 01:48
Now i won't see her... Hopefully she will advance with Szavay in Doubles... Go Agnes and Alona, now you are my only hopes...

Very disappointing... I don't think it's good to have such expectations for 2009. I hope we'll see the real Danka again. Because that shits just does hurt so much.

:cry:

If there would not have been Safina, i'd have quit womens tennis. I can't believe what shitty Seasons Agnes, Danka, Nicole and Tatiana played. Just horrible. Go Dinara. My last hope.

don't forget Aga :heart2:

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 13. October 2008 20:43 

Local Time:
Well, another tournament another early exit, what's new? At least it's october and not february.

And Jelena :D

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. October 2008 20:46 

Local Time:
Yuck.Yuck.Yuck. And Daniela usually does so well in the indoor season.

IMHO this season has been utterly devastating to follow-nearly as bad as 2003.

media master
PostPosted: 13. October 2008 20:58 

Local Time:
Well, another tournament another early exit, what's new? At least it's october and not february.

And Jelena :D

she's not in his sig, or we are talking about something different :p

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. October 2008 22:46 

Local Time:
I dont really know how to explain how im feeling right now, its almost like ive become immune to the fact that Daniela is losing matches that she shouldnt be losing and is losing matches against people that she may lose to tomorrow really badly. We all know that the Daniela at Zurich is not the Daniela of old, the Daniela that started this season and ended last season so brightly but its still frustrating.

Jumping around my room at 3am on the January morning as Daniela went 6-0 2-0 up in the semi final of the Australian Open just seems to feel further and further away. Such a shame

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. October 2008 23:16 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 07:48
To be honest..

I have been expected this result after the draws were published. Based on her few performance and she on-and-off forms, we can't put a high hope to her. I agree with asj001 that Daniela need to focus only important tournament.. Not like Jankovic who enter almost everything.. Ridiculous much??

I'm not looking forward anymore because this season is a bit suck for me.. Daniela, Agnes, Vaidisova and Golovin all just horrible this season.. Thanks to Radwanska and Safina who is still my favorite..

I hope she will improve at least to a quarter final at her next tournament..

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. October 2008 01:09 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 18:48
Honestly I just feel terrible for Daniela who had some terrible luck with the injury and is now struggling through a prolonged slump. Certainly she's trying her best to get out of it and get some better results, but it just hasn't happened. A seemingly never-ending string of bad draws have not helped either. She still has our collective support.

On a more positive note, GO RAYS!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. October 2008 04:39 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 20:48
Im so sad to see danka going through all this tough matches... I really hope the off season helps her. We are with you Daniela! :)

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. October 2008 07:23 

Local Time:
At wtatour, here is what Maria said about the match after 5-4 in the first set.

"I think we both started off with not much rhythm and as the match went on I felt a little better," Kirilenko said. "I called the physio on court at 5-4 because my knee was hurting and she had a blister or something. After that break it seemed to help me as I won five games in a row and she started making a lot of mistakes.

Obviously Daniela was playing without any confidence. She doubted herself and that's why she made so many mistakes. I am just looking toward the next season because I don't think she can do anything better in Lux.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 14. October 2008 09:22 

Local Time:
Obviously Daniela was playing without any confidence. She doubted herself and that's why she made so many mistakes. I am just looking toward the next season because I don't think she can do anything better in Lux.
Her confidence probably is low in general, but I think this meltdown was caused rather by losing rhytm than low confidence. I am not surprised Kirilenko took an injury timeout. She does it rather often to disrupt her opponent's momentum. If you remember she did it at Australian Open against Daniela. This time unfortunately she was successful in her little scheme.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. October 2008 19:26 

Local Time:
Gamesmanship in general tends to throw Daniela out of sync. Serena has done it on several occasions and I remain convinced that Ivanovic's petulant behaviour and shoe-squeaking during the AO SF was deliberate( I've watched enough Stefan Edberg matches to know that you can shuffle your feet during the service return without starting a cacophony).

Unfortunately,as Martin states,it is all too often a successful tactic.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. October 2008 20:39 

Local Time:
To be honest..

I have been expected this result after the draws were published. Based on her few performance and she on-and-off forms, we can't put a high hope to her. I agree with asj001 that Daniela need to focus only important tournament.. Not like Jankovic who enter almost everything.. Ridiculous much??

I'm not looking forward anymore because this season is a bit suck for me.. Daniela, Agnes, Vaidisova and Golovin all just horrible this season.. Thanks to Radwanska and Safina who is still my favorite..

I hope she will improve at least to a quarter final at her next tournament..

Is that a joke? You have exactly the same favourites as me ;) Let's hope for a good 2009!

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. October 2008 20:40 

Local Time:
Now i won't see her... Hopefully she will advance with Szavay in Doubles... Go Agnes and Alona, now you are my only hopes...

Very disappointing... I don't think it's good to have such expectations for 2009. I hope we'll see the real Danka again. Because that shits just does hurt so much.

:cry:

If there would not have been Safina, i'd have quit womens tennis. I can't believe what shitty Seasons Agnes, Danka, Nicole and Tatiana played. Just horrible. Go Dinara. My last hope.

OMG! How could i forget her?! Go Aga, win Zurich plz!!!!!!!! :P

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. October 2008 23:37 

Local Time:
ORDER OF PLAY - WEDNESDAY 15th OCTOBER

COURT 2, 13:00
RAYMOND/STOSUR v PENG/ZHENG

COURT 2, 15:00
ARVIDSSON v BAMMER
MEDINA-GARRIGUES/RUANO PASCUAL[3] v CIRSTEA/NICULESCU

COURT 2, 19:00
BLACK/HUBER[1] v HANTUCHOVA/SZAVAY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next