Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Tennis.com Zurich Open
PostPosted: 20. October 2008 19:57 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:12
I wish there was Coverage from the ATP Masters :(
would be so much better this year...How is it possible that there is no coverage of the Masters cup in Germany? Has tennis in your country declined so much in popularity since retirement of Graf and Becker?

media master
PostPosted: 20. October 2008 19:58 

Local Time:
i know it's not nice but i hope someone will withdraw from that field
i have really nobody that i like in that Masters field
would be so much better this year...

i have coverage for the Masters , but your right, Eurosport needs to buy the tv rights for it

Sky Sports show it in the UK and I'm guessing their budget is alot bigger than Eurosports!

i get it with Sport+ (French Canal+) Eurosport France isn't even allowed to show ATP during the US Open cause of those rights

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 20. October 2008 21:37 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:12
would be so much better this year...How is it possible that there is no coverage of the Masters cup in Germany? Has tennis in your country declined so much in popularity since retirement of Graf and Becker?
that's exactly how it is. sad, but true :(
you don't see much Tennis on German TV (except Eurosport's coverage, but everyone knows that Eurosport is not that a big deal..).
From time to time Davis Cup matches are shown, and after a Grand Slam you can hear the Score of the final on the radio :lol:
but that's pretty much all.

The Channel DSF (German Sports Television) usually broadcasted Wimbledon, but this year there were only two hours of highlights every evening.
It's such a shame, even because Schüttler made it to the semis.. I would have loved to see his match against Clement live on TV. And not to forget the men's final.. I struggled with a livestream the whole day and it was terrible :evil:

Umm... a bit off-topic, sorry.

media master
PostPosted: 20. October 2008 21:42 

Local Time:
you don't see much Tennis on German TV (except Eurosport's coverage, but everyone knows that Eurosport is not that a big deal..).
From time to time Davis Cup matches are shown, and after a Grand Slam you can hear the Score of the final on the radio :lol:

The Channel DSF (German Sports Television) usually broadcasted Wimbledon, but this year there were only two hours of highlights every evening.
It's such a shame, even because Schüttler made it to the semis.. I would have loved to see his match against Clement live on TV. And not to forget the men's final.. I struggled with a livestream the whole day and it was terrible :evil:

Umm... a bit off-topic, sorry.

7-8 years ago when i didn't had eurosport i always watched the Aus Open at night at ARD/ZDF and same for Roland Garros , but since 2004 they don't show that anymore. I guess the last matches i saw on those channels was Daniela vs Harkleroad in that error fest at RG 03 and fedcup matches between Germany and Slovakia

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. October 2008 21:46 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:12
Sorry to hear that..
In my country, even we have totally non player which good in Tennis, the coverage is quite awesome..

If there is a Grand Slam, it will show 24/7 everyday.
If there is a normal tournament, it will shows the Quarter final until Final..

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 21. October 2008 06:18 

Local Time:
I only have eurosport as well, but since I like WTA more than ATP I am happy with it. I missed the German channel's airing as well. I great up with DSF, ZDF, ARD, RTL etc and as far as I remember, they had great coverage

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 21. October 2008 08:41 

Local Time:

Umm... a bit off-topic, sorry.That's pretty bad. We've got full Wimbledon coverage every year and every Masters series tournament including the Masters cup here. Also every Davis and Fed cup tie of the Czech teams and final ties of both competitions.
German tennis needs a big star, that would improve the coverage. It could have been Haas, but injuries stopped him. Groenefeld looked good too, but had problems with her coach. From younger generations I don't know about any rising talent from Germany.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2008 09:12 

Local Time:
Groenefeld looked good too, but had problems with her coach.

What happened between Groenefeld and her coach? I heard things about this but don't know entirely what happened.

media master
PostPosted: 21. October 2008 09:51 

Local Time:

What happened between Groenefeld and her coach? I heard things about this but don't know entirely what happened.

when she was losing he left her players box and went to the opponents box to cheer for her opponent ,rumour is this also date each other in the past

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2008 10:02 

Local Time:

when she was losing he left her players box and went to the opponents box to cheer for her opponent ,rumour is this also date each other in the past

Wo! That's pathetic. I'm glad to see that she is getting back to winning ways now, even though it cost Daniela in the first round of the US Open.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2008 22:50 

Local Time:

Wo! That's pathetic. I'm glad to see that she is getting back to winning ways now, even though it cost Daniela in the first round of the US Open.

Wow thats a bit low isnt it! Sorry for late reaction to that piece of news, trying to catch up with everything lol

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9