Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Kremlin Cup, Moscow
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 08:33 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 23:37
I'm somewhat sceptical that a sports psychologist would do that much to help Daniela. I mean,she's been receiving help from Jim Loehr,the top guy in tennis psychology, for about 4 years now,and yet,as shown by todays performance,all the old mental frailties are still tormenting her. She still had her problems with the mental approach last year(Serena at Wimbledon,Ivanovic in Luxembourg),so it is hardly surprising that she is struggling now. An agonizing SF loss in a Grand Slam and a horrible heel injury were aways going to take their toll mentally on Daniela-we're seeing the results of that at the moment.

I just hope she's in a better frame of mind next year.

to me, this match was different from the two matches against Ana. Against Ana she stepped on court believing, and she kept on believing throughout the match. She was confident and playing freely and thus taking the first set and going up a break in the second. IMO she got a bit nervous in those two matches, realizing what was happening, got a bit shaky for a few games and that costed her the matches. I think she just needs to learn how to handle big big matches against great players better.
So the tennis psychologist should help her so she doesn't get nervous in the big matches.

This match against Vera, well it was kind of like the match in Antwerp she lost in 2006 I think it was, except the opponent this time was much much better. In Antwerp she just stod there, hardly prepared for returns, basically waiting for the match to be over. She prepared a bit more in this match against Vera I think, but nowhere near enough to win the match or even make it competitive. All those UEs were due to lack of confidence, and they were right from the beginning of the match. I have those days too, I go to class and feel stupid and unworthy of university, I go running, but in my mind I tell myself I can't beat my record time from last week, so I just give up trying, I play a handball match and tell myself why bother trying I'm not going to score a goal anyways etc. And there is nothing to be done once the day has arrived, days like this have to be dealt with before hand, and IMO a psychologist can help with that.

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 09:37 

Local Time:
to me, this match was different from the two matches against Ana. Against Ana she stepped on court believing, and she kept on believing throughout the match. She was confident and playing freely and thus taking the first set and going up a break in the second. IMO she got a bit nervous in those two matches, realizing what was happening, got a bit shaky for a few games and that costed her the matches. I think she just needs to learn how to handle big big matches against great players better.
So the tennis psychologist should help her so she doesn't get nervous in the big matches.

This match against Vera, well it was kind of like the match in Antwerp she lost in 2006 I think it was, except the opponent this time was much much better. In Antwerp she just stod there, hardly prepared for returns, basically waiting for the match to be over. She prepared a bit more in this match against Vera I think, but nowhere near enough to win the match or even make it competitive. All those UEs were due to lack of confidence, and they were right from the beginning of the match. I have those days too, I go to class and feel stupid and unworthy of university, I go running, but in my mind I tell myself I can't beat my record time from last week, so I just give up trying, I play a handball match and tell myself why bother trying I'm not going to score a goal anyways etc. And there is nothing to be done once the day has arrived, days like this have to be dealt with before hand, and IMO a psychologist can help with that.

can't agree more. Daniela showed nothing can be considered as confidence in this match. I just cannot understand. OK, she is clearly the underdog, why should she just come out and play free without any pressure, try to be herself and play confident? It is too hard for her? I play badminton, of course just amateur. But whenever I know I have to play a better opponent, I just play free, try my best. Win or loose is not the question anymore. But the I-give-up attitude is absolutely a no-go.

But of course, this match is the past. Hopefully Daniela learns her lesson and moves on. Be more confident next time Daniela, that is the only thing I want to see in you.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 10:03 

Local Time:
Danka will benefit alot from the on-court coaching in 2009. She needs that person to support her and push her to do well otherwise she begins to doubt herself especially if she is playing a high ranked player...or she's isn't playing to well.

Where is Eduardo Nicholos...I don't think it's coincidence that he was her coach last season where she won her two titles....hopefully he is back next year. I think he is very good at firing up Daniela and making her believe in herself and her game.

Daniela: Dinara: Dominika: Marat: Simone

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 10:22 

Local Time:
when wins everything is ok , when looses everyone starts to speak about mental weakness,confidence,psychologists etc..
why?

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 10:45 

Local Time:
Unless something miraculous happens. Unfortunately, I feel Danka's confidence and mental strength is going to be discussed whether she is winning or loosing. Yes people including me are discussing her confidence, mental strength etc but even when she played well at the earlier part of the year, there were some matches which a confident Daniela should have won which she didnt (AO 2008, IW 2008).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 11:44 

Local Time:
Just want to point out that Vera's 1st serve against Cibulkova is down to 46% compared with 90% against Daniela.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 12:34 

Local Time:
when wins everything is ok , when looses everyone starts to speak about mental weakness,confidence,psychologists etc..
why?

:lol: :lol: that is normal. Me too, when I win, I don't wanna hear anybody say about how I play, what my weaknesses are no matter what pple say is true or not. Only when you lost, you would hear the others say because you know you did sth wrong. Do you think the others will accept that Daniela has a weak mental when she wins although she has never been really strong mentally?

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 17:38 

Local Time:
Unless something miraculous happens. Unfortunately, I feel Danka's confidence and mental strength is going to be discussed whether she is winning or loosing. Yes people including me are discussing her confidence, mental strength etc but even when she played well at the earlier part of the year, there were some matches which a confident Daniela should have won which she didnt (AO 2008, IW 2008).

same counts for daniela's opponents(for example hingis doha 07)

dani-fan where is the fun and you laughs?

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 17:52 

Local Time:
Shortly after, seventh-seeded Zvonareva crushed Daniela Hantuchova 61, 60 in 51 minutes to reach the quarters at her home event for the fifth time. Zvonareva, who had beaten Hantuchova handily at Stuttgart last week, lost just five points on serve to extend her record against the Slovak to 4-0.

"I did not make unforced mistakes and was serving and returning well," said Zvonareva, who will be gunning for her first semifinal appearance at her home event when she takes on Dominika Cibulkova in the quarters. :roll: "But I know that one can only have one or two such easy matches in a season." :twisted: :twisted:

it would be better Mrs Zvonareva to say ''everything i tried was perfect''
the weather has spins.talk you next year

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 17:57 

Local Time:
Friday, October 10, 2008

Singles - Quarterfinals

(1) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) d. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 76(6) 63
(2) Dinara Safina (RUS) d. (5) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 64 75
(3) Elena Dementieva (RUS) d. Nadia Petrova (RUS) 64 46 76(6)
(7) Vera Zvonareva (RUS) d. Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) 75 64

Semifinal:

Jankovic - Dementieva
Zvonareva - Safina

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 18:52 

Local Time:
@danielitsa: sorry for misunderstanding, I just laugh because your question is already the answer.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 18:55 

Local Time:

same counts for daniela's opponents(for example hingis doha 07)

Fair point but I think daniela has done this more often though

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 11:39 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 22:37
Zvonareva is clearly in great form; she has just dispatched of Dinara Safina relatively comfortably, 6-2 7-6[5].
So the Tier I final will be between Jelena Jankovic[1] (who came from a bagel-set down to beat Elena Dementieva) and Vera Zvonareva[7].

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 21:27 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 22:37
"Nations, like stars, are entitled to eclipse. All is well, provided the light returns and the eclipse does not become endless night. Dawn and resurrection are synonymous. The reappearance of the light is the same as the survival of the soul." - Victor Hugo Morales.

Daniela's light will shine.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. October 2008 02:23 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 05:37
Wow, Zvonavera is really on run here.. She make a mild upset against Safina..
Actually, I hope it was Safina who make the final because there is a chance that Safin and Safina to win the title both... Hehe..

OFFTOPIC:
I will like to make a game thread at here.. Is that acceptable??

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next