HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

media master
 Post subject: Re: Kremlin Cup, Moscow
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 18:25 

Local Time:
|24. April 2024| 23:33
2008 Chennai Open final.

Mikhail Youzhny beat Rafael Nadal 6-0 6-1.

yeah but don't forget that Nadal had to play more then 3 hours ,the night before that final

Nadal was just one offday , but Daniela...

i can only hope she will play better in the last two tournaments off the season , but i can't wait till the year is over

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 18:34 

Local Time:
|24. April 2024| 22:33
I know that there were extenuating circumstances in Chennai but it demonstrates that even the best players can be totally thrashed. You just look at the thrashing Nadal gave Federer at Roland Garros or the way Shazza crushed top players at the Australian Open.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 18:37 

Local Time:
Rafa was dead on his feat after surviving a near four hour epic match with Moya in Chennai.
Daniela has no such excuse for her lack of patience today. If anyone should have been tired, it should have been Vera-given the amount of tennis she's played over the last month.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 18:46 

Local Time:
After seeing the result, I was not too frustated about the fact that I wasn't able to watch the game anymore. Really bad loss after a good performance against Schiavone. But as I said yesterday, Daniela yesterday and Daniela today are sometimes two different players.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 18:50 

Local Time:
Thursday, October 9, 2008

Singles - Second Round
(1) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) d. (WC) Vera Dushevina (RUS) 67(6) 63 62
(7) Vera Zvonareva (RUS) d. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 61 60
Nadia Petrova (RUS) d. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 64 32 ret. (upper respiratory illness)
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) d. (WC) Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) 36 64 64

Quarterfinal:

Jankovic - Pennetta
Dementieva - Petrova
Zvonareva - Cibulkova
Kuznetsova - Safina

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Site Admin
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 19:21 

Local Time:
I think most of you are being a bit harsh. Right now I think what she needs more than anything is a shoulder to cry on, It was so obvious that she didn't have any confidence out there today. And I am talking confidence with a capital C. Today we really saw a vulnerable Daniela. To me, we saw the person inside the tennis player, a person who didn't believe in herself at all or in her abilities. She looked like she was having one of those days when everything seems to be against you and the only place right to be is in bed and wait for the next day. Unfortunately, with the line of work she has, that wasn't really an option. And to make things worse, Zvonareva, a player that can get to Daniela even on a good day, was on the other side.
I think we all need to remember what we always preach: Daniela (and all the others) are human beings, they are people, and THEN tennis players.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 20:15 

Local Time:
I do agree with that to an extent, which is why I said earlier maybe it would have been better for her to cut her season short. She is way to mentally weak and probably physically tied too (from the stresses she has been through this year) to compete at top-ten level. Role on next season...

Site Admin
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 20:28 

Local Time:
Viky in the Slovak forum wrote that it looked like Daniela was beaten before stepping on the court, which makes sense.

btw. How come Krima's avatar is visible? :grr:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 20:45 

Local Time:
btw. How come Krima's avatar is visible? :grr:

Why are everyone else's not visible?

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 21:30 

Local Time:
I think Daniela is still trying to find some ranking points, which is very important for the beginning of the next season. Of course, she also tries to uses matches to practice. But as everyone said, one thing she hasn't paid enough attention to is her mentality, which is way too weak after her injury. The first priority for the training in off season is to work with a psychologist to help her be stronger, more focused and calmer (or patient) throughout the match.
Unfortunately, the last tournaments are the ones top players also try to find ranking points for the YEC. That makes the situation worse and worse because she has to face top players in early rounds when she is not ready yet. The only tournament she intends to enter, whose entry list is not so strong, is Luxembourg. I think she may have a chance to do something there. Zurich is just like Moscow, way too tough for Daniela. And if she wants to improve the ranking points more, Quebec is also a good choice.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 22:10 

Local Time:
I'm somewhat sceptical that a sports psychologist would do that much to help Daniela. I mean,she's been receiving help from Jim Loehr,the top guy in tennis psychology, for about 4 years now,and yet,as shown by todays performance,all the old mental frailties are still tormenting her. She still had her problems with the mental approach last year(Serena at Wimbledon,Ivanovic in Luxembourg),so it is hardly surprising that she is struggling now. An agonizing SF loss in a Grand Slam and a horrible heel injury were aways going to take their toll mentally on Daniela-we're seeing the results of that at the moment.

I just hope she's in a better frame of mind next year.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 23:32 

Local Time:
|24. April 2024| 16:33
she lays an egg :lol:

Some of these English idioms are quite funny (for a non-native speaker).
And lay an egg, she did.

As I said after the impressive win over Schiavone, we shouldn't get too high or low after one match. To lose by that score, I'm sure she played quite poorly (and that Vera played excellent). But it's only one match, after all and she can easily bounce back in the other direction when she begins in Zurich. And as , ultimately we all get a little too caught up in tennis matches. Yours truly included.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. October 2008 23:57 

Local Time:
daniela will not enter zurich according to dhantuchova site

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 00:29 

Local Time:
I think most of you are being a bit harsh. Right now I think what she needs more than anything is a shoulder to cry on, It was so obvious that she didn't have any confidence out there today. And I am talking confidence with a capital C. Today we really saw a vulnerable Daniela. To me, we saw the person inside the tennis player, a person who didn't believe in herself at all or in her abilities. She looked like she was having one of those days when everything seems to be against you and the only place right to be is in bed and wait for the next day. Unfortunately, with the line of work she has, that wasn't really an option. And to make things worse, Zvonareva, a player that can get to Daniela even on a good day, was on the other side.
I think we all need to remember what we always preach: Daniela (and all the others) are human beings, they are people, and THEN tennis players.

Very well said, Christina. Daniela just seemed stunned at what Zvonareva was doing out there.

It's probably just as well that Daniela's not going to Zurich, she could do with some rest and time off. She's played every tournament since Canada.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. October 2008 07:44 

Local Time:
maybe they haven't gotten the news that she is a late entry and that Peer has withdrawn

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next