Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: 2009 WTA Calendar
PostPosted: 4. September 2008 13:28 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 20:02
Are Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid and Berlin all red-clay events? If so I can't see many of the top players playing more than two of those events. For example Serena and Venus will probably just play Rome and Madrid.
Nice to see that Dubai is now a 56 woman draw.
I'm really not sure about this International and Premier system - its kind of like a seperate tour altogether, with its very own end of season championships. You've now got WTA Premier, WTA International and then ITF Tour. It's stupid. If players aren't good enough to compete with top-50 players then they should improve by playing on ITF tour and then move upwards. The top-twenty will probably look entirely different this time next year because I think this calendar favours those players outside the top-twenty better than those inside of it.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2008 13:34 

Local Time:
Does the MPS Group Championships in Ponte Vedra Beach replace Amelia Island?

Warsaw is back in the calendar next year, but still no San Diego.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2008 14:57 

Local Time:
So, theres one thing I dont quite understand with this two season ending championships?

Will there be a premier race and an international race where points in the respective tournaments count towards the different tables, or will there be one race, where points from Premier and International events all count towards then the top 8 play in the Premier Season Ending Championships, then players finished 9-16 play the International Season Ending Championships?

Apart from that, im liking the new calender, there are a couple of things im unsure on but we will see how it all pans out

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 4. September 2008 15:15 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 21:02
So, theres one thing I dont quite understand with this two season ending championships?

Will there be a premier race and an international race where points in the respective tournaments count towards the different tables, or will there be one race, where points from Premier and International events all count towards then the top 8 play in the Premier Season Ending Championships, then players finished 9-16 play the International Season Ending Championships?

Apart from that, im liking the new calender, there are a couple of things im unsure on but we will see how it all pans out

Scott

a belgian ex player said it will be apart, top 8 for premier tournaments and top 8 for the international tournaments
but he can be wrong aswell of course lol

cause he's a first class idiot who criticize Daniela a lot , he also said she will be the favorite for the Master II championships

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2008 17:53 

Local Time:
I think the 2009 ATP calendar looks alot better - 100 events, 500 events and then all the others. No "seperate" tours, just tiered events:

hellene fan
PostPosted: 4. September 2008 18:11 

Local Time:
quite ridiculous at my opinion roadmap 09.
asj01 i quess are red.and yes this system benefits the players outside top-20.

media master
PostPosted: 5. September 2008 13:30 

Local Time:
according to my last info from ubernerd Filip Dewulf it will be the top 12 off the international series that goes to Bali at the end of the season

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 09:31 

Local Time:
Hello. I think the new calendar is fine and better then the old one benefiting both the top 10 players and lower ranks.

I can see why top 10 have lesser tournaments to enter because they are the ones who usually go deeper in the draw and so they get more tired and prone to injury than the others.

Lower ranked players can also take advantage of a draw with no top players in it, earning titles and more points and be more match tough.

All in all, this could really increase the depth and high quality level in women's tennis.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3