Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Enter your Message here

hellene fan
 Post subject: Re: China Open, Beijing
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 14:10 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 13:55
despite the loss,i am satisfied.lucky jankovic in crucial poitns.
good warm-up for the last three tournes.
kallur i agree with you.
i am expecting title or final in the reamaining tour.
and my friend martin wasnt thrashing at all.
fictitious the second set,looking forward in stutgart.
very strong list.

Last edited by danielitsa on 26. September 2008 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 14:17 

Local Time:
play your game danka.
overall i am satisfied with danka

I am not. I am just satisfied in the first set until 5-5. What a performance in the second set!!! She showed today she is still very weak mentally. After losing those set points, she kind of melt down. I actually expect she could forget the first set and concentrate on the second but she couldn't. And when she decided to play more aggressive, it was too late.
I am disappointed because this is a match she could have won if she just stayed strong and didn't miss those easy shots.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 14:26 

Local Time:
play your game danka.
overall i am satisfied with danka

I am not. I am just satisfied in the first set until 5-5. What a performance in the second set!!! She showed today she is still very weak mentally. After losing those set points, she kind of melt down. I actually expect she could forget the first set and concentrate on the second but she couldn't. And when she decided to play more aggressive, it was too late.
I am disappointed because this is a match she could have won if she just stayed strong and didn't miss those easy shots.

question
you are dissapointed when she could have won a lower ranked player,your are also
dissapointed when she could have won one(maybe the most consisstent player in last two years)
player.can you give me your yardstick?
since i know you long time from matt's forum,you can understand what i mean.
she is back in form.have patience

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 14:29 

Local Time:
Overall, i think we should be satisfied from this tournament and partially from this match.
She fought hard in the first set against a top level player. I think she played her best set
after the return from her injury. If Dani had taken advantage of the set points,
maybe things could be different now...
On the other hand, i did not like the way she surrendered in the second set,
even though she was unlucky in some points. I hope it was physical and not mental once again.
Because if it was mental, then she is not progressing at all.
Statistics : Dani had 17 UE (too many against such an opponent) 3 double faults and 0 aces !!
When her serve isn't good, bad things happen...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 14:33 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 12:55
The second set was disappointing as Daniela was down after losing the first and that showed in her play early on in it with some bad errors while Jankovic stepped up the pressure with more winners and Daniela had to keep on playing more shots in the rally and she made some bad errors at crucial times, there were a couple of shots in the second that all she had to do ws get the ball in court and she'd win the point but she put it out. Daniela got it together near the end of the set but Jankovic was just too good in the second. Daniela was a bit unlucky in the last game when an ace at 15 all was overturned by hawkeye and then Jankovic won the point with an amazing drop volley.

I think Daniela can get a lot of positives from this tournament and also from this match. Her groundstrokes were very good, she was hitting winners, moving Jankovic around, dictating play and constructing points while she was also moving well and getting a lot of balls back. She was at least as good as Jankovic for most of the first set, which shows that her level is getting better, and she was playing some great tennis, but she couldn't take her chances. The set points were both winnable but on the first Daniela sprayed a groundstroke long when it didn't seem she was going for a winner and on the second she tried a dropshot when Jankovic was in a good position to get to it so she got it back and Daniela tried a lob but didn't get it high enough and Jankovic smashed it away. Maybe Daniela should have tried a passing shot but it's easy to be an armchair coach. Daniela's level dropped at the start of the second and you really felt that it would be difficult for her to win without winning the first and so it proved, even more so as Daniela had the disappointment of losing the set when she had the chances to win it. Her level dropped and Jankovic took her chances and punished Daniela's drop in play.

This reminded me of the match against Hingis in Montreal 2006 when Daniela hadn't been playing well in the previous tournaments and was playing a top player for the first time for a while and played really well in the first set, had set points but couldn't convert and slumped at the start of the second.

This match shows that Daniela's getting close to her best form, so I think we can be confident she'll have a good indoor season. She can take a lot from this and she knows that she's close to matching the top players but she has to raise and sustain her level to beat them.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Last edited by chungwit on 26. September 2008 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 14:48 

Local Time:
couldnt agree more,chungwit.onto stutgart

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 15:02 

Local Time:
Another match which shows the story of Daniela's career - wasted chances. It reminded me of the Sharapova match from Indian Wells several months ago (and countless others).
Statistics : Dani had 17 UE (too many against such an opponent) 3 double faults and 0 aces !!
Actually 17 UE is not such a bad number against Jankovic who de facto forces you into unforced errors. I know it sounds like a contradiction, but that's how I see it. How many winners did Daniela have btw?

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 15:06 

Local Time:
@danielitsa: One person can only get better if they can overcome themselves. My expectation for Daniela is always higher when she played well before that, of course that is just personal. That is why I have said before I can't understand why she played well against Ai at OP but after that her performance was just bad and ok.
I said I am disappointed because she definitely had chance in this match but couldn't take it and then mentally down. For the first set, she played beautifully and I am really pleased with that obviously. That makes me more disappointed with what she performed in the second set.
I didn't and will never write anything with the intention of criticizing her. For me, when I care about one person, I never only praise them but try to point out what their weaknesses are so that they can always get better.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 16:22 

Local Time:
@danielitsa: One person can only get better if they can overcome themselves. My expectation for Daniela is always higher when she played well before that, of course that is just personal. That is why I have said before I can't understand why she played well against Ai at OP but after that her performance was just bad and ok.
I said I am disappointed because she definitely had chance in this match but couldn't take it and then mentally down. For the first set, she played beautifully and I am really pleased with that obviously. That makes me more disappointed with what she performed in the second set.
I didn't and will never write anything with the intention of criticizing her. For me, when I care about one person, I never only praise them but try to point out what their weaknesses are so that they can always get better.

:evil: Oh my god u suck. Danka played much better than in the SF of Bali. I finally saw something which made me believe our 07 Danka will come back. It's a first step. Of course it would have been great if she would have won, but the opponent was Jankovic, World Nr. 2. Danka played good overall.

And now at least she won't play vs. Zvonareva...

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 17:05 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 12:55
Unfortunately I dont have the luxury of being able to see this match so I cant comment much on it. What I will say is that Im glad that Daniela (by the sounds of things) showed signs of getting back to her best and pushed Jankovic for at least a set. Matches against the likes of Jankovic, imo, are matches that even a 100% and in form Daniela will find tough and the fact that the scoreline is pretty respectable this time around shows me enough. On to Stuttgart

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 17:20 

Local Time:
All I can say is I like Daniela's attitude on court, very positive, imo. Jelena was just too good for her today.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 18:51 

Local Time:
Unfortunately I dont have the luxury of being able to see this match so I cant comment much on it. What I will say is that Im glad that Daniela (by the sounds of things) showed signs of getting back to her best and pushed Jankovic for at least a set. Matches against the likes of Jankovic, imo, are matches that even a 100% and in form Daniela will find tough and the fact that the scoreline is pretty respectable this time around shows me enough. On to Stuttgart

Scott

The same here. Was at work and couldn't see the match. But what I read makes me feel quite satisfied. At least Daniela was able to compete in the first set with Jelena. Although Jankovic isn't in top form at the moment, she is a very tough player.
I think one or two weeks ago Daniela would have lost such a mach quite clear. We can see improvement now in her game. BTW I also think the 17 UE's are not too bad, especially for Daniela.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. September 2008 19:05 

Local Time:
Well, 17 UE are not so many considering the fact
that Dani had 26 against Tamarine.
And the most ironical thing is that she had 12
in the (good) first set and 5 in the second !

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. September 2008 12:21 

Local Time:
Jankovic v Zvonareva 6-4 2-6 6-4
Jelena advances to the final.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 27. September 2008 16:57 

Local Time:
Singles - Semifinals

(1) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) d. (5) Vera Zvonareva (RUS) 6:4 2:6 6:4
(4) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) d. Zheng Jie (CHN) 7:6(3) 7:5

Final

(1) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) - (4) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next