HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier II Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Toray Pan Pacific Open, Tokyo
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 13:49 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 06:29
After what I have seen in Bali, I cannot say this is an unexpected result.
She could hardly hold serve lately. This is just terrible.

Last edited by dani-fan on 16. September 2008 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 13:50 

Local Time:
Typical Dani im afraid,
she lost 2 game points and eventually lost
the game, the set and the match.
i dont know what to think, is it about stamina
( due to her recent injury )
or is it about wrong psychology during the game ??
Or perhaps both of them ??

Site Admin
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 13:55 

Local Time:
well I think she fought hard in the second set. Taking the match to last just over 2 hours.
She just couldn't convert on any of the 4 important break points as some of you already has pointed out.

She is really a slow started these days, but she fights, so even though her confidence is well below what it should be, she still manages to fight. So even though this match should have been a 3-setter, I am pleased with her fighting spirit and convinced that because of that, she will return to happier times.

Yes she will be out of the top20 by the end of the year and January will be very tough too, but she will get back up. It just takes time.

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 14:08 

Local Time:
crap 1st,fought back strongly in 2nd
missed two sp's and two bp's at 15-40.devastating
her serve is out of rythm(will find it but takes time),but is getting more convisingly
into matches,i think.i am expecting resurgence in the european indoors.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 14:28 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 12:29
Although I hate that Dani lost the match but she does show some confidence..

She was down in 1st set but came out quite strong on the 2nd set.. Just like the match she against Paszek.. Maybe Dani will need some times to find her rhythm and form back..

Really hope she will excel in tennis before she going to retire anytime.. :roll:

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 15:53 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 05:29
ORDER OF PLAY - WEDNESDAY 17 SEPTEMBER 2008

COURT 2, 13:00

HANTUCHOVA/SZAVAY v MORITA/NAKAMURA
DUSHEVINA/UHLIROVA v DELLACQUA/SCHIAVONE [3]

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 17:04 

Local Time:
Of course the results are disappointing at the moment.

But for me the result isn't so important. I just want to see Daniela fight. As long as she doesn't lose her fighting spirit, she will get back to the top.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 18:38 

Local Time:
This is another disappointing result. Daniela played badly in the first set, especially on serve, but she improved in the second set and should have won it as she had set points and then BPs to take it into the tiebreak. I don't know if Schiavone played those points well, in which case credit to her, or if Daniela played them badly in which case it really is a missed opportunity and a concern. Apart from Radwanska at the Olympics, Schiavone's generally beaten average players but has lost to good players or players in form. This match shows Daniela's level of play isn't good right now.

One positive is that Daniela kept fighting and she'll always have is her desire and fighting spirit. She has to work on things, especially her serve, but she is a very hard worker and she'll put in the work in practice to rectify things and she has a good team to help her. She's not playing well right now, but with the talent she has and with the desire she has, she should start to play better and turn her results around and start winning.

Hopefully Daniela can put in a decent run in doubles because she really needs match practice and getting back into the winning habit. I think we should just look for Daniela to improve her performances for the rest of the year and hopefully she can get a decent run or two.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 19:42 

Local Time:
Meh!!

I think that sums up my view on this match, getting a bit sick of losing but there to the end, just have to be patient. Hopefully the doubles can offer some much needed match time and confidence

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 20:25 

Local Time:
Part of my thinks she needs time but I also think that by now she should be getting some better results (or at least losing by better scorelines). If this was another player I think they would have bounced back by now, or be getting better results than Daniela is at present. Maybe its because her game is based on natural timing and she just hasn't got it back yet. I'm not sure why her serve has gone so downhill but if she doesn't improve it soon she will never win matches. The WTA Tour is full of hard-hitters and baseliners and if you she can't serve reasonably well then she will never go deep into tournaments. I'm not sure how optimistic we can be about 2009. She has all those points to defend in Australia and if she can't recover some of them then within no time she'll be out of the world's top 30 or even 50, which would make her tournament draws even tougher and her chances of making it back into the top 10 even harder.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 22:19 

Local Time:
Think it has gone beyond a physical issue now

Daniela: Dinara: Dominika: Marat: Simone

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 22:32 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 23:29
Part of my thinks she needs time but I also think that by now she should be getting some better results (or at least losing by better scorelines). If this was another player I think they would have bounced back by now, or be getting better results than Daniela is at present. Maybe its because her game is based on natural timing and she just hasn't got it back yet. I'm not sure why her serve has gone so downhill but if she doesn't improve it soon she will never win matches. The WTA Tour is full of hard-hitters and baseliners and if you she can't serve reasonably well then she will never go deep into tournaments. I'm not sure how optimistic we can be about 2009. She has all those points to defend in Australia and if she can't recover some of them then within no time she'll be out of the world's top 30 or even 50, which would make her tournament draws even tougher and her chances of making it back into the top 10 even harder.

These are all good points. My main concern is that she seems to be regressing instead of improving since her return. At Wimbledon, she beat a solid player in Errani in straight sets and then lost a match to Kleybanova where I felt she played decently. She would have won were it not for a fluky serving performance by her opponent. Considering this was her first tournament back, you had to be pleased and even surprised by how well she played. But arguably, she hasn't played that well since (the win over Sugiyama maybe being the exception). As I pointed out after the US Open, the thing that struck me the most, the weakness that was most pronounced, was her ball-striking ability. Even when she goes well, she will have a fair amounts of errors. But her ability to serve well and to hit the ball hard, crisp and clean during points has greatly diminished. This definitely cost her a winnable match against Cornet which I saw and just as sure cost her many times since. While I cannot foresee her falling out of the top fifty (just a .500 record over the next few months will keep her in the top 30), the point about the ramifications that her falling ranking will have on her draws is very important.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2008 23:45 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 23:29
For heavens sakes. Daniela has been in the top 20, even the top 10 on and off for a few years.
In tennis, 2 play- one wins. We sit at our computers and analyze whether she is done (top 50 ) or not. She is young, talented, and has a full life and talents in addition to tennis. She travels the world, makes great money and deals with injuries and and a competive line up of players that is going through a time of continual change, especially the top 10.
I will still support for her, be patient, and wish her the best.

GO DANIELA!!

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. September 2008 01:34 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 13:29
another dissapointment! But I agree with everybody, this wasnt unexpected but still, I was hoping she could pull it off :roll:
Her serve is not doing her any good, no power at all, maybe its bacause shes still thinking of the injury :cry:

Hrdá fanynka Daniely Hantuchovej

Profile YIM

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. September 2008 02:13 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 13:29
i felt sad. that she might be out of top 20. that doesnt feel good. let's just be patient. we know Daniela can be tough again..and she's showing that she is tough. its just that there are times when we need to struggle..

just a question...do you think Daniela can find her form and crack the top 10 again?

i hope she can

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next