Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic, Bali
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 12:21 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 05:09
I imagine it was a load of unforced errors and missed returns by Daniela. Savchuk can't really hurt her.

Well, at least she has one more match to improve it (if she can ;) )

She will have a day off from singles tomorrow anyway to work on anything that she was dissapointed with in todays match. Chan and Peng arent on the OOP so just doubles for the time being

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 13:42 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 06:09
well things seemed to be going well in the first set. The stats were impressive:
73 % of first serves in winning 9/11 (82%) of these first serves and winning 3/4 on second serve, she didn't face any breakpoints and converted 100 % of her break chances. Savchuk only won 11 points in the entire set.

By the first three games of the second set, Savchuk had won 11 points already. Overall in the 2nd set, Daniela still got a decent percentage of first serves in play (70 %) however she didn't win on more than 19 of 35 (54 %). Not good enough if she faces a better player. Her second serve however was still good. Won 10/15. She played the big points well. Saving 4/5 break points and breaking back immediately after being broken on the first chance she gets. Breaks again in the last game on her second mp to win.

Personally I am very pleased with this win. It seems as she played great tennis in the first set, and even though she seemed to struggle a lot in the 2nd, she fought and this fighting will made a win in ss.

Overall, I would say that it seems like her level is back occasionally, but definitely not for an entire match, but she is fighting and never giving up. Well done Daniela.

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 13:52 

Local Time:
good win.i hope you are right christina

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 15:43 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 12:09
Good win for Daniela in singles (Although the 2nd set is a bit struggling for Daniela I think..) and doubles with Flavia!!

Hope Daniela goes on ahead!!

P/S: Ironically, the match between Patty and Meng Yuan was suspended because of the rain.Patty have a match point (A-40)..

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 15:48 

Local Time:
WTA Bali Doubles 1st Round
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) & Flavia Pennetta (ITA)(1) vs. Sandy Gumulya (INA) & Lavinia Tananta (INA) 6-3 6-4

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 16:01 

Local Time:
WTA Bali - Hantuchova struggles on in Bali
Eurosport - Wed, 10 Sep 13:29:00 2008

Top seed Daniela Hantuchova struggled to overcome Ukrainian qualifier Olga Savchuk 6-1 7-5 to reach the quarter-finals of the Bali Classic.

The Slovak dominated the first set, breaking her opponent to love in the opening game and using her powerful forehand to produce a succession of outright winners or force errors from her harried opponent.

Savchuk also struck the ball well but was often overpowered and had less control. Her misery was compounded when she dropped the first set on a foot-fault.

But after surrendering just three points on serve in the first set, Hantuchova failed to carry her momentum into the second. She had to fight off two break points to hold for 1-0 and another two before holding the seventh game.

Savchuk, ranked 121, then broke to lead 5-4, but lost her opportunity when she hit a volley long after the ball had stood up perfectly for her to strike a winner.

Encouraged by that reprieve, Hantuchova then broke again for the match with a fine crosscourt winner.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 16:37 

Local Time:
Hantuchova opens tennis title bid in Bali
3 hours ago
NUSA DUA, Indonesia (AFP) — Top seed Daniela Hantuchova launched her quest for a first career WTA title at the Bali Open on Wednesday with a 6-1, 7-5 victory over Ukrainian Olga Savchuk.
The 25-year-old Slovakian, currently ranked 11th in the world, is hoping to go one step further than she did here last year, when she lost in the final to former number one Lindsay Davenport, who was launching her comeback.
Hantuchova won the first set easily against the 121st-ranked Savchuk, but was tested in the second as the underdog mounted a spirited fight in the tropical heat.
Savchuk broke Hantuchova with a passing shot winner for a 4-2 lead, but the Slovakian broke back in the following game, and sealed the victory on her second match point.
"She picked up her level the second set," said Hantuchova. "She was more aggressive on serve and it was tough to break here. I made one mistake and she broke me.
"But I broke right back, I'm pleased for that. I just kept fighting for every point. It was a good test for me, I handled the big points well."
Hantuchova is trying to salvage her 2008 season after suffering a stress fracture in her right heel two months before Wimbledon.
"It's getting there," she said of her conditioning. "I'm working as hard as I can. I understand it's a long way back and it's not 100 percent yet.
"I have to keep going, play a lot of practice sets and hopefully soon I will be back."
Her win on Wednesday was only her fourth since the start of the grass-court season, and comes after a first-round loss at the US Open against German Anna-Lena Groenefeld.
Poland's Marta Domachowska booked a quarter-final place with a win over US veteran Jill Craybas 6-3, 6-7 (5/7), 6-4.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 17:07 

Local Time:
ORDER OF PLAY - THURSDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2008

CENTRE COURT, 15:00

Shuai PENG [9] v Yung-Jan CHAN
Flavia PENNETTA [3] v Anastasia RODIONOVA
Nadia PETROVA [4] v Tathiana GARBIN
Sara ERRANI [7] v Tamira PASZEK

COURT 1, 15:00

Akgul AMANMURADOVA / Yaroslava SHVEDOVA [4] v Jill CRAYBAS / Natalie GRANDIN

COURT 1, 18:00

Su-Wei HSIEH / Shuai PENG [3] v Anna-Lena GROENEFELD / Patty SCHNYDER
Daniela HANTUCHOVA / Flavia PENNETTA [1] v Olga SAVCHUK / Ipek SENOGLU

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 17:35 

Local Time:
It was a good match for Daniela to get through and Christina made a lot of good points about the match.
In the first set Daniela showed the gulf in class between her and Savchuk and while the second was closer, Daniela showed her fighting spirit to deal with adversity, get the crucial points and win the match.
Daniela played well in the first set and in the second she was able to win in a fight. Both of these will give her confidence as she'll know she's getting back to her best form while also knowing that she can win when not at her best or when the opponent raises her game.
A nice win in the doubles as well. It's good that she's playing doubles because it gives her more matches and more time on court which is what she needs right now.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. September 2008 20:44 

Local Time:
I am a bit surprised when I saw OOP for tomorrow. Considering she will play a single match the next day, it is just too late. Although we know that double won't cost much energy but I can't see that late. Maybe she can use that match to practice on her serve, volley, ...whatever she has trained during the day. That is also good.

About today's match, I think we all can see in what position she is right now. So just hope every match she plays, she can always improve. The main problem is how she can keep on her level throughout the match. The last couple matches, she started playing well either at the beginning and then dropped her level or vice versa when it was just too late to recover.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. September 2008 08:23 

Local Time:
Sorry folks. My support for Daniela has been a bit lacking of recent :( I have been really busy and possably will be for awhile. Congrats on the consecutive wins and I wish Daniela the best of luck throuhgout the rest of the tourney :D Thanks

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. September 2008 09:46 

Local Time:
Not surprised to see them playing doubles today, surprised to see them last though in the evening. Im assuming that will mean she is on late tomorrow which is only fair but hopefully they will be able to breeze through the doubles and treat it as an enjoyable work out

Scott

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. September 2008 10:27 

Local Time:
Daniela will play Yung-Jan Chan in the quarter-finals, who beat number 9 seed Peng Shuai 6-1 7-5.
I think this should be a comfortable match for Daniela, most likely straight sets, although going on the past few months in could turn into a three-set marathon.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. September 2008 11:04 

Local Time:
Next Opponent...

Yung-Jan Chan (TPE)

WTA Ranking: 59
Birthplace: Taipei, Chinese Taipei
Height: 5'7"
YTD W/L: 19-22
2007 W/L: 34-19

Head to Head Record vs Daniela: 0-1

2007 - Kolkata, Carpet (I), Quarters, Hantuchova bt. Chan 6-4 6-1

Scott

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. September 2008 11:40 

Local Time:
Daniela will play Yung-Jan Chan in the quarter-finals, who beat number 9 seed Peng Shuai 6-1 7-5.
I think this should be a comfortable match for Daniela, most likely straight sets, although going on the past few months in could turn into a three-set marathon.

I wish I could be optimistic like you. Any player can get in the QF cannot be underestimated by any means.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next