Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic, Bali
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 17:17 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 11:09
Im not familiar with Savchuk but Alla Kudryavtseva was the player who upset Sharapova in Wimbledon so I think Daniela's 1st match will still be tough.

media master
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 17:31 

Local Time:
not sure what to think with her current form

in the second round she plays one of the players i hate the most : Savchuk , she ruined my antwerp week two years ago with her victory vs Daniela and she also dislikes her, she's a real bitch
in the quarterfinal the most dangerous opponent from the 5-8 seeds Na Li

and a possible semi vs two players who beat her at the last 2 US Opens: Vakulenko and Groenefeld, also Paszek and Pennetta are on that part of the draw.

I remember that match...Dani was awful there lol but why does she dislike her?

that's what i wonder myself.. how can someone dislike daniela ?
she said she likes to play against her (few months later) cause she's so predictable (at that time , it was before she fired Nigel) you just have to keep the ball in the court and daniela hits it out , that was her reaction pfffff
but it was the way she said it , almost laughing
i wonder who was laughing last season, no savchuk in top 100 , two big titles for daniela :D

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 18:08 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 04:09
I'm disappointed with the draw. Li is clearly the best of the players ranked 5-8, so she's the one I wouldn't have wanted to see. And Kudraytseva could be dangerous in round two, though Daniela will be a strong favorite.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 18:34 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 10:09
As long as Daniela plays well, she should win her second round match easily enough although Savchuk has beaten her in the past and Kudryavtseva beat Shazza at Wimbledon, so they could both be problematic, but I think Daniela's level will determine the match.

Na Li had some very good wins at the Olympics and has the ability to beat anyone in the draw, but she's also streaky and erratic. Daniela's movement will be very important in this match to counter Na Li's power, so a lot depends on Daniela's fitness and confidence.

I'd really have liked Daniela to have played Errani in the quarter-final as Daniela's already beaten in her comeback. I'm not looking beyond the quarter-final as it's one match at a time and Daniela hasn't won consecutive matches since Indian Wells. But Daniela has so much ability that she has to start playing well sometime, especially when she gets her confidence and match fitness back.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 18:41 

Local Time:
The draw doesn't matter, what does matter is Daniela's level of play. If she can't raise her level of play she will be losing at any tournament regardless of the draw. Time to get back on track.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. September 2008 20:21 

Local Time:
The draw doesn't matter, what does matter is Daniela's level of play. If she can't raise her level of play she will be losing at any tournament regardless of the draw. Time to get back on track.

Can't agree more! If she can improve, then i see no problem for her but if she plays like at the USopen, then that second round match is also dangerous.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 11:37 

Local Time:
Na Li pulled out and has been replaced with 9. seed Shuai Peng of China. Good News!

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 12:52 

Local Time:
Na Li pulled out and has been replaced with 9. seed Shuai Peng of China. Good News!

Great news! Makes the draw look a little more appealing but she still needs to get past savchuk or kudryavtseva

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 13:07 

Local Time:
After the last tournaments I don't know what to say about draws at all. Maybe good - maybe bad. It depends on Daniela and not on the opponents.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 13:09 

Local Time:
From WTA-Site:

Newsroom
September 7, 2008

Hantuchova Hopes for Return To Form in Bali

BALI, Indonesia - With the Grand Slam season over for another year, attention switches to Asia and the idyllic Indonesian island of Bali, where a raft of Top 50 stars, including Daniela Hantuchova, Patty Schnyder and recent Cincinnati champion Nadia Petrova will do battle at the eighth staging of the Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic. The list of seeds for the Tier III, $225,000 event also boasts a strong Italian flavour, with Flavia Pennetta hot off her first Grand Slam quarterfinal at Flushing Meadows, joined by feisty 2005 Bali finalist Francesca Schiavone and steadily-rising Sara Errani.

Twenty-five-year-old Hantuchova returns to Bali as top seed, having finished runner-up to comeback queen Lindsay Davenport 12 months ago. Indeed, in 2007 this event heralded the start of a purple patch for the stylish Slovak, who also made the finals at Luxembourg and captured a third career title at Linz to book her place at the Sony Ericsson Championships in Madrid. Firmly back in the Top 10, Hantuchova then reached her first Grand Slam semifinal at the Australian Open in January, but her re-ascent was dealt a blow when a right heel stress fracture forced her off the circuit for two months prior to Wimbledon. Since then Hantuchova has struggled to rediscover her form and will be keen for a confidence-boosting run this week. After a first round bye, she opens against Olga Savchuk of Ukraine or Alla Kudryavtseva, the 20-year-old Russian who sensationally upset Maria Sharapova at Wimbledon.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

hellene fan
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 15:02 

Local Time:
After the last tournaments I don't know what to say about draws at all. Maybe good - maybe bad. It depends on Daniela and not on the opponents.

same thinking

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. September 2008 23:57 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 04:09
The advantage of a nice draw is that it increases the chances of Daniela winning even if she is not at her best. Ultimately, she needs match play to recover her peak form and you cannot get match play without winning matches. I think that these byes she has been receiving of late have worked against her in that regard.

Patty Schnyder is doing the WTA's blog this week which is disappointing if only because Daniela did it last year and I was hoping for a repeat. On that note, Daniela's website needs a good dusting because it hasn't been touched in weeks. Even the old site would at least keep the results fairly current whereas her current site has no record of any of her US Open matches. The forum is pretty dead as well. It's too bad because the fact that they did the whole redesign indicates that they were serious about it for at least some time.

media master
PostPosted: 9. September 2008 00:04 

Local Time:
Possible Semi Finalist opponent (i don't look farther then one match but ok...) Paszek df Groenefeld in two sets , so no revenge on her in a possible semi , not sure if it matters much Paszek is maybe a even more dangerous opponent

Also no Daniela on tuesday schedule

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. September 2008 10:15 

Local Time:
Next Opponent...

Olga Savchuk (UKR)

WTA Ranking: 121
Birthplace: Makeevka, Ukraine
Height: 5'9"
YTD W/L: 18-25
2007 W/L: 33-26

Head to Head Record vs Daniela: 1-1

2006 - Antwerp, Carpet (I), R16, Savchuk bt. Hantuchova 6-3 6-4
2006 - San Diego, Hard (O), R32, Hantuchova bt. Savchuk 6-2 6-4

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. September 2008 12:27 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 18:09
let's just pray that Danka will win in her match against Savchuk.
Olga looks bitchy in that pic. lol :D
C'mon Danka ...I know you can beat the bitch!!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next